Euphoria [EPILOGUE]

Sheltered
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The petite male let out an ear-shattering scream as he was struck on the back of his head by a heavy object. As he laid on the floor, the warm, scarlet liquid pouring down his head, he was dragged by them. The men that resembled bulls rather than humans roughly held onto him before throwing him into the pitch-black room. He wanted to scream and cry for help but no sound came out.  He watched as the massive men came back, malicious smirks on their faces as they held their fists up. 

 

Baekhyun closed his eyes, waiting for the impact of the fists connecting to his face. He shook in fear and anticipation for the unbearable pain he would soon feel. The fist inched closer and closer to his face and Baekhyun mentally prepared himself for what was to come-

 

It didn't come however as right before anything could happen, the brunet woke up, panting harshly as sweat rolled down his forehead. Baekhyun breathed heavily, tears forming in his eyes as he thought back to his nightmare. 

 

It had been almost a week after the incident but it had felt as if the trauma would always be there, like a scar that would never fade. The first day, he got a nightmare so vivid he woke up with a panic attack and after that, Baekhyun refused to sleep. For days, Baekhyun got no rest and it was apparent by the dark circles under his eyes that seemed to be a permanent feature on his face. After several days, Baekhyun handle the fatigue and his body finally shut down, allowing him to get the rest he needed. Obviously, it didn't turn out well as once again, he woke up from his terrifying nightmare. 

 

Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol was extremely worried about him. After seeing him freak out in his sleep the first night and then seeing him look like a zombie from what was clearly lack of sleep, Chanyeol was beyond concerned. However, because he didn't want to bother Chanyeol with his problems, Baekhyun assured him everything was alright and flashed him the biggest smile he could muster. That seemed to work as Chanyeol agreed to stop questioning so much. 

 

 

The idol wanted to just go back to sleep normally or perhaps just stay awake in his room but he was terrified of being alone. He needed Chanyeol to hold him close and tell him everything was okay. 

 

The boy debated whether or not he should tell Chanyeol or just keep it to himself so that the giant wouldn't worry about him. As much as he wanted to go back to sleep and have it all go away, he knew it wouldn't work that way. He needed Chanyeol. 

 

Tiptoeing to Chanyeol's room, Baekhyun knocked on the door gently, his rilakkuma doll in his hand as he waited outside patiently. After no response, Baekhyun opened the door as quietly as he could before stepping inside the room. He made his way towards the bed, a smile blooming on his face as he saw the giant sleep with his mouth wide open. 

 

"Chanyeol?" He called, already regretting coming into his bodyguards room. The other looked like he was sleeping well and Baekhyun didn't want to ruin that.

 

When he didn't get a response, Baekhyun made his way towards the door, deciding to keep his thoughts to himself. However, before he could turn the doorknob to leave, Chanyeol's gruff voice was heard as he called for Baekhyun. 

 

The idol turned to his lover with wide eyes, his cheeks turning a bright pink shade. 

 

"Come closer." 

 

Baekhyun nodded, scurrying back to Chanyeol's bed without looking up, embarrassed at getting caught in the other's bedroom. Chanyeol must think he's some sort of freak who stares at people while they're sleeping—

 

"What's the matter?"

 

"I just had a nightmare and I got scared. I'm sorry for waking you up, I'll just go back to my room so you can get some rest." He turned the other way, about to leave before feeling a strong grip on his arm. 

 

"No, don't leave. Sleep here."

 

Baekhyun's eyes widened and his cheeks reddened at the tone of the other male's voice. He sounded so concerned about Baekhyun that the idol couldn't help the smile that blossomed on his face. 

 

Nodding his head, he got on the bed. There wasn't much space for the two of them as the bed was made to fit only Chanyeol but the taller grabbed onto Baekhyun, holding his body close. Facing the boy towards himself, Chanyeol caressed Baekhyun's cheek, kissing the idol's forehead. 

 

"Don't ever be afraid of anything Baekhyun. As long as I'm with you, nobody will be able to hurt you, you're safe with me," Chanyeol whispered, a gentle smile on his face as he stared down at the other. 

 

Baekhyun felt the warmth radiating off the bodyguard and the he had to blink a few times to stop the tears. All his doubts and worries were wiped out at Chanyeol's words and for what felt like the longest time, he felt truly loved. It was as if absolutely nothing could cause him any harm as long as he was in the younger's arms. 

 

"You know, I can protect myself. I'm stronger than you think," Baekhyun replied in an attempt to lighten up the mood. 

 

"Oh yeah? Why did you get a bodyguard in the first place?" 

 

"Shut up, you know that wasn't my choice." Baekhyun pouted, facing the other way. "You might be big and muscly but that doesn't mean you're stronger than me," he whined. 

 

When he heard the chuckle coming from his bodyguard, he huffed, and before the other male could stop him, he pushed Chanyeol off the bed with a smirk on his face. 

 

"What the Baek?!" Chanyeol stared at him  in surprise when he landed on the ground with a loud thud, obviously not expecting that move. 

 

"Told you I'm strong, I pushed you off the bed didn't I?" His smirk widened as he watched Chanyeol gape at him and he couldn't help but burst out laughing at the expression on Chanyeol's face. 

 

His laughter didn't last long as he was grabbed by the arm and pulled down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter