Solace [LAST CHAPTER]

Sheltered
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shone brilliantly on the massive homes down below. The neighbourhood possessed an amount of luxury only the wealthiest owned and in the middle of it all was the most stunning home. The towering mansion looked as if it was built in an ordinary person's dream, gleaming like the most priceless gem to have ever graced the earth. It was picture-perfect. 

 

But as most things are, everything was a facade. 

 

Inside, the house was anything but marvellous. Though the space in the house was larger than Chanyeol had ever seen, he felt like his breathing was constricted the longer he was inside. It was as if he was an animal confined in a cage and people watched him, unable to comprehend how imprisioned he felt. 

 

As Chanyeol sat in the king-sized bed, he wondered how long it had been since he was forced into the house. It could've been days or weeks, he didn't know. It was a wonder how time seemed to be going so fast but at the same time, it was as if time had stopped altogether. 

 

His mind was filled with so many thoughts but one thought prevailed. Is Baekhyun okay? When he wouldn't stop asking about his family, Yejin showed him a picture of the two of them in their home and ensured Chanyeol that they were safe. Though Chanyeol would never trust the malicious girl, he was more relieved. He knew deep down that no matter what she could possibly do, she would never lay a hand on his family. She wanted him to love her and hurting his family would result in even more hatred. 

 

Baekhyun, however, was in serious danger. Because Chanyeol was in love with the idol, the chances of the boy not getting hurt in some way was minuscule. Yejin would do anything to dispose of her competition. 

 

Everyday, Chanyeol prayed that Baekhyun was still surviving and that Yejin would show enough mercy to not kill him. His prayers were the only thing giving him hope and he counted on them because he knew that losing hope was detrimental. He had to stay strong, for Baekhyun. 

 

Chanyeol looked up when he heard the doorknob rattle, indicating that someone was coming inside. The bodyguard eyes trained on the door as he waited for the slender body to come inside. 

 

He scowled when he saw who the person was. 

 

Sehun, the traitor. 

 

"You," he growled, his eyes narrowed at the male. "What do you want now? Here to trick me again?" He questioned, his eyes filled with fury as he looked down at restricted hands that were being held down to the bed and then looked back into the other's eyes. 

 

"I had a reason for this. Baekhyun is my closest friend and I owe a lot to him. I would never do this unless I had a good reason. Don't act like you know everything, Park," Sehun jeered, the once shameful boy nowhere to be seen as he defended himself. 

 

"She must've blackmailed you huh? What, threaten to ruin your career?" 

 

Chanyeol didn't have to confirm his words, the look on Sehun's face was proof enough that he was correct.  He felt the anger fill him as the male remained quiet. 

 

"How low must you be care more about your career than your friend? Imagine if you were in Baekhyun's place, he would never sell out a friend, even if it meant his career getting tarnished. God, Baekhyun must be getting tortured now and it's all your damn fault! I could've found him and saved him but how am I supposed to do that when I can't even get up?!" 

 

"W-what?" Sehun questioned, his eyes widened as the words processed in his mind. "T-tortured? But she said Baekhyun wouldn't be harmed..."

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, wanting to hit the model over the head. "Are you that stupid that you would believe her bull? She is a ing liar and she doesn't care about anyone! Don't you realize? She used you to get to Baekhyun!" Chanyeol seethed, his face starting to turn a shade of red as he raged. 

 

"I-I'm so sorry. She just told me that nothing would happen as long as you two were away from each other. I didn't think Baekhyun would get hur-"

 

"Where is he Sehun?" Chanyeol questioned, taking a deep breathe as he attempted to be patient. 

 

"..I don't know." Sehun shut his eyes tightly, not wanting to see Chanyeol's expression as he said those words. His hands gripped onto his shirt as his heart speed up uncontrollably. He felt extremely sick at that moment as he thought about what Baekhyun could possibly be going through because of him. 

 

"Let me go Sehun. I'll find Baekhyun if it's the last thing I do."

 

Sehun looked into the taller's eyes, nodding his head as he saw the determined expression on the male's face. The model quickly made his way behind the bodyguard and freed him before opening the door slightly. 

 

"She's sleeping." 

 

Chanyeol nodded his head as he got up as quietly as possible. "You can go now Sehun, I'll get the information somehow."

 

Sehun nodded his head before walking away slowly, his head held down and his eyes shut as his jaw clenched. He was beyond angry at himself as flashbacks of Baekhyun hit him. Baekhyun was probably the realest and most loyal friend he had ever had and he did this to the boy? 

 

He recalled when he first began modelling. It was his ultimate dream and he was ecstatic when his dream was finally becoming a reality after all the hard work. He was young, however, and therefore, after only seeing success, he found himself feeling immense pressure. The pressure only increased as he moved onto acting. People were starting to recognize him on the streets and before long, he was a household name. It was too much for him and all Sehun wanted was to go back to his old life where nobody held expectations for him. 

 

However, on the set of his second drama, he met Baekhyun. The idol was extremely charming and laid-back and managed to make everyone on set laugh at his silly jokes. It didn't take long for the friendly idol to get close to the model. He could remember the day he received hate for being able to get in a drama so soon when he was only a model as opposed to an actual actor.

 

On set, it seemed like everybody was too busy to notice how distressed Sehun was. Everybody but Baekhyun. 

 

The idol pulled Sehun to the side, asking him what was wrong. Sehun couldn't keep his emotions to himself and let all his feelings out, feeling the tears rush down his face as he told the smaller that he knew it wasn't supposed to but the hate was getting to him and that it was difficult to handle all the pressure. 

 

Baekhyun had let him cry and comforted him, giving him advice that had stuck to him for years. He would forever be grateful to the boy for being the kindest, most real friend he could possibly hope for. 

 

And yet, here he was, causing the boy get kidnaped most possibly, tortured. 

 

It was all his fault.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The warm, crimson liquid dripped from the idol's mouth as his body ached after he spent several hours tied up. The pain was unbearable yet Baekhyun somehow bared it, his eyes closed while warm tears joined blood as they fell from his face. It had been several days and everyday, Baekhyun would get brutally tortured. Whether it was getting whipped, beaten or getting his head dunked in water, he went through everything. 

 

He was barely given any food and Baekhyun knew that every single day, he was closer to death. It was as if the grim reaper was watching him suffer, smirking as he waited for the idol's body to finally give up. Baekhyun didn't know how he made it so long already. All he thought about was Chanyeol. Every night, he didn't sleep because his mind was preoccupied with the other male. He would often pray for the well-being of the other, that was all he wanted. Even if he was died, if Chanyeol was okay, it was all okay. 

 

The metallic taste in his mouth made him gag as he spit out the blood that was still in his mouth. He felt a sense of panic when his eyelids became heavier and his body seemed to be shutting down. 

 

With as much energy as he could muster, he hit his face in an attempt to stay awake. The idol bit his lip, shaking his head. He needed to stay awake because he might never wake up again if he let his eyes close.

 

Right before his eyes could fully shut, however, he heard the sound of the door opening and saw as a figure approached him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol made his way outside the room as quiet as possible. He took deep breaths to calm down his rapid breathing rate while he got to Yejin's door. Fortunately, her door wasn't locked and so, with a quick turn of the knob, he walked inside. The room was humongous and in the middle was Yejin, sleeping in a king sized bed. 

 

Chanyeol glanced at the girl, feeling the sweat trickle down his forehead while his heart beat against his chest. He was beyond nervous since, knowing Yejin, she was a light sleeper and even the slightest of sounds could get her to open her eyes. If she found him, he would be locked up again and it would be even stricter than before. This was his one and only chance to save Baekhyun and Yejin's room was the most likely place he could find a hint of where to search. 

 

He opened up her dresser, attempting to look everywhere he possibly could whilst making sure he was making no noise. It was extremely difficult to stay calm, especially because making no noise was impossible. 

 

He searched around her drawers and cupboards, sighing deeply as he realized how long it would take for him to find any information about Baekhyun in the midst of all the other irrelevant papers. It would take hours and Chanyeol didn't not have that much time on his hands. 

 

As he searched around her room to no avail, he noticed the device on Yejin's bed. Her phone. 

Chanyeol almost let out a groan at his own stupidity. How didn't he not think before that the information would most likely be found on her phone? He really was an idiot. 

 

He made his way near her bed, flinching when her body suddenly turned in his direction. His heart was now racing and the bodyguard had to remind himself that there was no way she could hear his rapid heartbeats. He glanced back at the phone, getting closer so he could snatch the device. 

 

Once he smoothly grabbed the phone, holding on tightly so that his overly-nervou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter