Despair

Sheltered
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo wasn't at all surprised at how Baekhyun took the news but that didn't mean he was any less concerned. The boy refused to go home and wouldn't leave Chanyeol's side. On the first night, the idol stayed up all night, sobbing, next to Chanyeol's hospital bed. Kyungsoo was beyond worried when he saw the dark circles and pale skin of the older boy. He looked like a zombie, devoid of any emotions. He looked even worse than he did before, and that was saying something. 

 

"Baekhyun, please eat something. You haven't eaten for hours," Kyungsoo pleaded to the male who was blankly watching the unconscious body. "Baekhyun, please." 

 

Kyungsoo walked away, a frown on his face as Baekhyun remained as unresponsive as usual. "Fine, I'll leave but please Baekhyun, eat something. Starving yourself isn't going to help."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun barely registered any of the words coming from Kyungsoo but didn't bother trying to understand. After all, it must've been the same thing everyone was telling him: to get something to eat and get some rest. Baekhyun didn't care what anyone said. He couldn't just sleep and eat when Chanyeol was lying in the uncomfortable hospital bed, unable to move. How could he when Chanyeol's condition was all his fault? 

 

The voice in his head told him he was being unreasonable for taking all the responsibility for something he couldn't control but Baekhyun refused to listen. The guilt of ignoring Chanyeol and causing the boy to quit was consuming him as the thought that he could die remained in his head. 

 

If Chanyeol died, how would he live with himself? How would he be able to go on with life when the fact that everything that had happened was a misunderstanding? 

 

And Baekhyun was the only one to blame. 

 

Not once did he try to find out the truth. Instead, his toxic assumptions clouded over his judgment and as usual, he hurt everyone around him. Now, Chanyeol was on the verge of death and he couldn't do anything but pray.  Pray that he could mend his mistakes, pray that he could go back to a time where joy wasn't scarce, where the only thing he had to deal with was how he could make Chanyeol fall for him, where Chanyeol would hold him close in order to shield him from his fans. All he wanted was to go back but life isn't a song, there are no ways to rewind back to the good parts. 

 

As he watched the unmoving body, a pang of loneliness hit him. It felt like a part of him was gone. He couldn't tell what it was but he knew that Chanyeol had it and that he wouldn't feel complete until the boy returned to him.  

 

Baekhyun checked the time, his stomach growling when he noticed that it had been more than twenty hours since he had eaten. H didn't care how starving he was, he would wait until Chanyeol was awake and would eat with the boy. 

 

The idol yawned, realizing then just how tired he was. He felt like he hadn't slept properly since the day he went to Chanyeol's home. Just as his eyelids began to feel heavy, the blaring sound of his phone brought him back to reality. 

 

"Hello?" He said, his voice hoarse from lack of use. 

 

"Hey Baekhyun, h-how is Chanyeol? Is he still..." Yura's voice cracked before she could finish her sentence and Baekhyun didn't have to be there to know that she was on the verge of tears. 

 

"Yes, he's still in a coma. The doctors said he's not showing any progress and that we'll just have to wait," Baekhyun replied, his voice strained as he tried to be strong. 

 

"We'll be there soon." She ended the call abruptly, without even saying goodbye, not wanting Baekhyun to hear her impending break down. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Kyungsoo came back, Baekhyun was forcibly dragged to the cafeteria by the smaller, but stronger male. As much as Baekhyun refused, he was too weak from the lack of food and sleep to fight back and so he allowed himself to be pulled in the direction of the cafeteria. As he walked, he felt lightheaded and if it wasn't for Kyungsoo, he wouldn't be able to hold himself up.

 

"See, you're so weak. You can't continue to do this to yourself," Kyungsoo scolded, once they reached their destination and took a seat. 

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "It's not like you would allow me to anyway." 

 

"Baekhyun, I doubt Chanyeol would want you to do this. He would want you to eat and take care of yourself and to stop blaming yourself."

 

Baekhyun sighed as he thought about Kyungsoo's words, realizing that his manager was right. Chanyeol would disapprove of his actions and would probably force him to get some food and rest. 

 

"I know that Kyungsoo, but I can't just relax when Chanyeol is suffering." 

 

Just as Kyungsoo opened his mouth to rebut, Baekhyun continued. 

 

"I didn't tell you this before but before everything happened, he told me he l-loved me. I was going to ask him if he was s-serious or not but now I can't. What if everything was a misunderstanding? I can't even ask him now because it's too late! What if I never find out? I didn't even see the whole scene! I just left when I saw them kiss without even making sure that she was his girlfriend or not! I've liked him for so long Kyungsoo but just as I begin to believe and accept that he'll never love me back, he tells me that he loves me. A-and now, there's nothing I can do." 

 

Not caring that he was surrounded by people, Baekhyun broke down in Kyungsoo's arms yet again. He rested his head on his manager's chest, oblivious to all the stares he was receiving. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun made his way back to the room Chanyeol was in after sobbing for a while and then getting something to eat. He checked his phone, seeing the text messages from Yura telling him that they had arrived. He texted back, telling them Chanyeol's room number.

 

Upon arriving to the door of Chanyeol's room, he heard a faint voice behind the door. Thinking it was just Yura and Mrs. Park, he opened the door slightly and quietly, not wanting to intrude. Once he saw who was sitting next to Chanyeol, however, he stopped, his eyes widening. 

 

It was the girl who kissed Chanyeol. 

 

Because of how the room was built, the girl was facing his direction. He quickly moved away so that she wouldn't be able to see him, his back against the wall next to the door as his ears processed what was coming out of . 

 

"I-I'm so sorry Chanyeol. This is all my fault. I-I'm sorry this happened. Just know, I love you so much and if you don't make it, I won't live. I can't live without Chanyeol. If you die, so do I. If we can't be together in this life, I'll make sure we'll be together in the next."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter