Chaos

Sheltered
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Clouds filled the sky, creating the dark grey colour surrounding those below. The drops of  water rushed down, hitting people mercilessly as they ran to get shelter. The thunder boomed violently followed by the blinding flash of the lightening. Countless cars crowded the road as people inside the vehicles checked their watches, impatience in the air as the traffic jam commenced. 

 

In the midst of the chaos was a large, white vehicle with flashing red lights. Along the car, the word ambulance was written. 

 

The bright scarlet lights of the lights resembled the pouring blood of the male inside. The inside of the car was in more of a disarray than the outside, and even the sound of the deafening thunder couldn't compare to the cries inside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sir! Sir! Please calm down," the paramedic cried as he pulled the male away from the stiff body. 

 

"Calm down?! You expect me to calm down?! How can I calm down if Chanyeol is on the brink of death?! How can I-" his words were muffled by his loud sobs as he fell to the ground, unable to keep his body up. Baekhyun felt himself tremble at the possibility of Chanyeol not surviving. Without realizing it, Baekhyun felt the air getting trapped in his lungs and his head spin. He couldn't breathe. 

 

Amongst the sound of his uncontrollable heartbeat, he heard the soft voice near his hear. "Take deep breathes sir," was the only thing he heard among other jumbled words and he nodded, his vision blurry as he closed his eyes and obeyed the orders. "Keep going, in and out," he followed the voice, taking more deep breathes until his heart slowed down slightly and his breathing was back to normal. 

 

Just as he could breathe again, they had arrived to the hospital and the paramedics rushed out with Chanyeol. Baekhyun followed, wiping his tears with his sleeve so his vision wasn't blurry. 

 

As his bodyguard was placed into the stretcher and the doctors took him into the ICU, Baekhyun took a seat on the chair, weeping uncontrollably as he brought his knees to his chest. He shut his eyes, the scene of Chanyeol dropping onto the ground with blood coursing out of his body replaying in his mind, like a song on loop that he just couldn't get out of his mind no matter how much he tried. 

 

The male felt a sick feeling in his stomach and unable to control himself, he made his way to the bathroom before regurgitating everything out onto the toilet. After flushing the toilet, he stumbled back into the waiting room, going back into the position he was in previously. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. He turned the device on, his eyes widening as he saw that he had 42 missed calls and 75 texts. A majority of them coming from his manager. He opened up the latest text, feeling an unbelievable amount of guilt at leaving Kyungsoo unaware of everything that had happened. Once again, his selfishness caused issues and hurt those around him.  

 

 

Before he could reply to any of them, he heard footsteps nearby that just increased in volume as time went on until they stopped completely and his manager was in front of him. Baekhyun looked back at Kyungsoo, who's eyes were red, before feeling the shorter boy wrap his arms around him, letting him sob on his chest. 

 

Thankfully for Baekhyun, Kyungsoo was silent and didn't question him at all, comforting the boy instead. Baekhyun was extremely grateful for Kyungsoo at that moment. The last thing he needed was for Kyungsoo to yell at him for not picking up his calls or replying to any of his texts. 

 

"H-how did you find out?" Baekhyun questioned in a hushed voice once his eyes dried up, all his tears used up after crying endlessly for hours. 

 

"It was all over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter