2Jung's Impromptu Nature Lesson

Shooting Star

Eunha sat with her legs crossed on the ground. She seemed to be having a staring contest with a little flower that was in front of her. It wasn't a flower she was familiar with, it was a new sight to her. The pixie had never seen a flower that looked like this one. She knew about roses, lilies, daisies, sunflowers, and tulips but she didn't think this wasn't any of those. She was so focused on the unknown flower that she didn't hear another person walk up behind her. The sudden shadow is the only thing that pulled her attention away from the plant. She turned around to come face-to-face with a very familiar eye smile.

"What are you doing?" Yerin asked as she plopped down next to Eunha. The pixie looked back at the flower before redirecting her attention to the angle next to her.

"I'm trying to figure out what kind of flower this is," Eunha explained as she pointed her finger at the plant in front of them. Yerin hummed as she gently rubbed her chin as if in deep thought, but it was simply a comedic gesture from the older of the two.

"I'm pretty sure that's a tiger daylily," Yerin answered confidently as she was very knowledgeable about flowers. She learned a lot from the few books they found at an abandoned campsite a while ago. 

"Tiger daylily? Like... roar? Tiger?" Eunha made cute little claw shapes with her hands as she questioned the name Yerin had just told her. Yerin giggled at the pixie's cute representation of a tiger's claw.

"Yea, tiger daylily. Its actual name is really hard to pronounce. I think it was hemerocallis fulva," Yerin said the scientific name as if it was a simple word. Sometimes, it surprised Eunha that Yerin was actually very intelligent, given that she acted like an excitable little toddler at times.

"Hemer... ocall... is... what?" Eunha tried her best to repeat the name but failed in the end due to the difficult pronunciation.

"You might just want to call it the tiger daylily," Yerin suggested as she laughed at the look on Eunha's face.

"Good plan... why is it called that?" Eunha was very curious about new things but often got distracted or off-topic when learning.

"Well, the main reason is the orange color. See how it's similar to the color of a tigers fur," Yerin gently rubbed a petal with her finger as she spoke to Eunha. She heard the pixie hum lightly so she knew that Eunha understood what she said.

"I don't really know a lot about this flower. There wasn't a lot in the books about it," Yerin was very curious because it was one of the few she didn't know a lot about.

"Well, at least you could tell me the name," Eunha smiled as she stood up. She offered her hand to the angel and helped pull Yerin up from her ground.

"Let's take it back with us and show the others," Eunha said as she reached down and gently ripped the stem. Holding the flower carefully, she fluttered her wings and began flying back towards their home. Yerin quickly followed and easily caught up to the pixie. They flew back home, side by side, and kept talking about the flower they had found. It ended up being the centerpiece on their dining room table for a while and everyone got to enjoy the unique beauty brought by the tiger daylily. 

Sorry, it's so short T^T I'm beginning to run out of cute ideas so I'd really appreciate some ideas if you have any. I'll try to update more regularly than I currently do but I don't have a lot of free time. As always, thank you for reading and bye~