~Visiting Home: Part 3~

Shooting Star

Trees shaded the dirt path that the pixie and fairy walked along. Sunlight bled through the small spaces between the leaves and created little dots of lights all around the two of them. The fairies and pixies lived close together so Eunha and Umji decided to walk with each other for company. The pixie realm was closest so Umji would have to walk alone once they reached Eunha's destination.

The two realms were near each other since pixies and fairies were closely related creatures. The only difference was that pixies were a bit smaller in size and could shrink themselves to the height of a thimble.

"It's nice to be back in the forest," Eunha said as they walked close together.

"Yea it is. It hasn't changed at all," Umji agreed with Eunha. Birds were chirping around them and little animals like rabbits and squirrels were running along the grass.

Some houses ahead of them caught their attention. It was the pixie realm. The houses were tiny, meaning the pixies had to shrink to enter the village. It was a way to protect themselves from enemies.

"Sorry, Omuji but we're here. Be careful on your way home. Bye~" Eunha hugged Umji as she said goodbye.

"I'll be careful. See you later," Umji said as she and Eunha let go of the hug. She started walking away and turned around to wave goodbye.

Eunha shrunk herself easily once she approached the entrance of the village. As she entered, familiar sounds and smells flooded her senses. She could hear the chatter of the other pixies and she could smell the delicious scent of the foods she'd been missing.

"Eunbi!" Eunha heard a familiar voice yell out her name. Eunha had been going by her nickname for so long her birth name sounded almost strange to her. She whipped around and saw her childhood friend.

"Sana!" Eunha yelled back as she ran towards Sana. They both embraced each other in a hug. Both jumped happily together and giggled in joy without breaking the tight hug. Once they finally released their grasp, the began talking about their lives.

"It's been so long since I've seen you! I missed you!" Sana said. Her voice was a bit louder than a normal speaking voice, probably from the excitement of seeing her best friend after so many years apart.

"I missed you too!" Eunha responded. Both spoke about where they've been living and who they've been with. Eunha learned that Sana had been living a similar life to herself, living with many different creatures in one place.

"You probably want to go visit your family so I'll let you go," Sana said as she held Eunha's hands, swinging them softly.

"I'll stop by your house and see you later. Promise," Eunha gently pulled her hands away from Sana's and stuck up her pinkie. Sana wrapped her own pinkie lightly around Eunha's before she skipped away. She turned around and waved cutely at Eunha one more time before flying away.

Eunha walked quickly, waving and smiling to the people she knew along the street. She could feel her heart pounding with excitement as her old house came into view. Eunha's wings fluttered lightly, almost in sync with her heartbeat. It was a habit she's had since she was a kid. When Eunha was very happy or excited her wings would flutter.

She rang the doorbell and counted the time it took for someone to open the door. It only took her dad seven seconds to open the door for her. Her dad's face was pure shock when he saw Eunha standing there.

"Dad! I missed you!" Eunha shouted as she hugged her dad tightly. He smiled and happily returned the hug.

"Eunbi, it's been so long! Come in, come in! Your mom will be very happy to see you too," Eunha's dad said as he ushered her inside. Eunha followed her dad to her parent's bedroom, where her mom was laying on the bed reading a book. Her dad knocked softly on the door to get her mom's attention.

"Honey, look who just showed up," Eunha's dad said as he gestured to Eunha. Her mom jumped up, leaving the book forgotten on the bed where she was previously laying.

"Oh my goodness! Eunbi!" Eunha's mom reacted very similarly to her dad. Soon a group hug had started between the three. It was a rare occurrence since the few times Eunha had visited her dad was busy at work and was unable to be home at the same time. 

"Have you been eating well?"

"Are you behaving?"

"You've been getting enough sleep, right?"

Her parents were firing questions at the pixie, barely giving her time to respond. They were all seated around the dining table with some tea that Eunha's mom prepared. Eunha was expecting the questions. As the youngest in her family, her parents had a habit of babying her and checking on her frequently. After explaining that everything was great her dad thought of a way to spend the day together.

"Since it's almost noon, why don't we go have a picnic?" Eunha's dad suggested. Eunha instantly nodded her head with a big smile.

"I'll prepare some food," Eunha's mom got up after speaking and headed to the kitchen. Eunha followed while saying 'I'll help!' It wasn't long before a basket was packed to the brim with food.

"I know a perfect place to enjoy this," Eunha's dad said as he grabbed the basket and began walking to the door. Eunha and her mom followed behind. Eunha's dad led the way, flying a bit ahead of the other two. Eunha watched her dad land on a grassy ledge overlooking a river, which seemed more like an ocean since they were in their shrunken form. Eunha and her mom landed gently next to her dad and gasped as she admired the view.

"This is beautiful," Eunha said. Her parents set up a blanket to sit on as she looked at the scenery around her. Once her parents finished setting up, she took a seat between her parents. Each grabbed a sandwich from the basket and began eating. Eunha's thoughts suddenly went to the other girls.

'The girls would love this place, especially Umji and Yerin... SinB would probably try to push Sowon into the river,' 

Eunha almost shuddered imagining the look on Sowon's face if that event actually happened. She could practically hear Sowon yelling at the werewolf now. Eunha directed her attention back to her parents once she realized she was spacing out. After all, she'll get to see her Tom and Jerry fight every day while she only gets to see her parent occasionally.

The picnic was a rather calm event. Eunha told her parents little stories about her friends. Things like Yerin and SinB sneaking off, Yuju's weird little moments, Umji being the helpful little fairy she is, and Sowon keeping them all from killing themselves or each other. Since Eunha promised Umji they'd walk home together before it got dark she'd have to leave soon. The three pixies stayed out for a few hours before Eunha decided it was time to go and meet up with Umji.

"I'll try and come back soon," Eunha said as she hugged her parents.

"We'll be looking forward to it," Her dad said and her mom nodded in agreement. Eunha waved goodbye as she flew off to go find Umji.

Sorry it took so long for me to update. I've been really busy since the school year is coming to an end. I'm not going to make any promises on when Yuju's chapter will be posted but I'll work on it whenever I have the chance. Thank you for reading~