97 Line's Little Scare ~Part 1~

Shooting Star

Yuju watched Eunha, who was currently sitting on the shore next to her, weave together little flowers. The pixie meticulously braided and knotted the stems of the flowers to create a little flower crown for her same age friend. Since Yuju could only transform into a human for a few minutes to leave the water, she often didn't get to see many things that the others saw all of the time. Eunha's colorful creation was almost completed. She was adding the final flowers when a shrill howl sounded from somewhere near them. Eunha yelped and almost fell into the water. Yuju's eyes widened and she sank lower into the water until only her eyes were visible.

"What was that?" Eunha asked with a quivering voice. They knew that wasn't SinB's howl, hers wasn't as high pitched. Yuju rose slightly out of the water so she could speak clearly.

"I have no clu-" Yuju's words were cut off by yet another howl. They knew that there were other creatures on the island with them, but they've never seen nor heard them before. Both girls glanced at each other before looking at the direction the howls were coming from. The flower crown that Eunha was making earlier floated gently on top of the water, forgotten by the pixie and mermaid due to their current situation.

"I'm going to check it out," Eunha finally broke the silence. She was about to fly off towards the source of the sound when Yuju grabbed her wrist.

"I-I don't think you should... What if it's a killer, or worse..." Yuju spoke quietly. Eunha sat there, expecting the mermaid to continue her statement.

"Yuju... what could possibly be worse than a killer?" Eunha sometimes wondered if her friend ever thought before she spoke. According to SinB, the answer is no. But according to Umji, Yuju just liked to live in the moment and not spend time thinking too much.

"Well... I don't know," Yuju rolled her eyes as she failed to come up with a worse scenario. Eunha laughed lightly at her friend before shaking Yuju's hand off of her wrist. Another howl sounded in the distance and Eunha took her chance. The pixie fluttered towards the sound and glanced at Yuju, who started swimming along the coast to follow her.

I wanted to avoid doing parts because I feel like they're too short but I have to prepare for some tests and an interview so I don't have time to write the entire chapter T^T I most likely won't be able to update tomorrow but I'll try! Thank you for reading and remember that you can request pairings or story lines~ (This chapter is based on my friend's request)