~Visiting Home: Part 2~

Shooting Star

Yerin flew gracefully through the air. Her white, feathery wings ruffled gently with the breeze. It had been a while since she was able to fly to this altitude. She was much higher than most other winged beings could reach. The angel flew through the clouds above her, the condensed water droplets slightly stung her skin but it was bearable. Once she cleared the cloud layer, Yerin was greeted with a small town on top of the puffy surface. Other angels could be seen, some flying and some walking. 

Yerin flew faster once she saw her parents home in the distance. It was a two story house but it wasn't huge. It was cozy and perfect according to Yerin's standards. 

She landed gently in front of the house. She opened the door and muttered a meek "Hello?". She was planning to surprise her parents with an unplanned visit. She continued into the house, pausing at the entrance to remove her shoes. Yerin walked quietly through the halls and reached the kitchen. She saw her mother looking through the refrigerator and decided it would be the perfect time for a surprise. She inhaled deeply, preparing to yell, but was cut off by her mom.

"Hi Yerin!" Yerin's mother yelled.

"Gahhhh!" Yerin, who wasn't expecting the shock, stumbled back slightly as she screamed.

"Why would you do that!?" Yerin yelled as she playfully clutched her chest. Her mom gave her a joking smile before turning back to the refrigerator.

"Weren't you about to do that to me?" Her mom said in a joking manner. Yerin pouted but ended up laughing in the end.

"What are you doing?" Yerin asked as she watched her mom grab various items from the fridge.

"I was making me and your father some sandwiches for lunch," Her mom answered as she grabbed the bread from the counter.

"I'll take a cheese sandwich!" Yerin said excitedly as she grabbed another place and set it beside the two that were on the table.

"Who said I was making you a sandwich?" It was common for Yerin and her mother to joke around like this. Yerin and her mom talked as they made the sandwiches together. 

"If you're quiet you might be able to scare your dad. He was taking a nap when I left the room," Yerin's mom told her as they finished making the sandwiches. Yerin ran but slowed down when she realized she'd have to be quiet. She tip toed into the living room and saw her dad was still asleep on in his favorite recliner. She crept quietly behind the recliner and prepared to yell.

"Hi dad!" She screamed from behind him. The older angel jumped up from his chair which caused the recliner to snap back and hit Yerin in the chest. She let out a small 'oof' as the chair hit her. 

"Oh my gosh, Yerin! How could you scare a poor, old man like that?" Yerin just laughed at her dad's reaction before giving him a hug.

"Sorry dad but you signed yourself up for that one," Yerin's mom walked out with the three plates and set them on the coffee table in front of the couch. The three enjoyed their food as they chatted about various things. 

"You should come down and visit sometime so you can meet my friends. I'd bring them here but there's a bit of a distance problem," Yerin's parents wanted to meet the people Yerin had been living with but never had the chance to go beyond the cloud barrier.

"We'll visit sometime. I want to make sure my baby isn't living with some bad people," Yerin's mom said as she took another bite of her sandwich.

"I've been living with them for a while mom. If they were bad people I'd be dead," Yerin laughed as she spoke. They decided to take a nice afternoon fly around their town so Yerin could see the people she hadn't seen in a while. The three angels flew around and said hi to everyone they passed. Some stopped them since they hadn't seen Yerin in a while.

"Yerin! You're back!" A little angel screamed as she flew into Yerin's arms. Yerin hugged the little girl tightly.

"Mimi! It's been so long since I've seen you!" Yerin said as she released the girl from her grasp. Yerin used to babysit Mimi when Mimi's parents had to work late. 

"Can you come play with me?" Mimi cutely asked Yerin. Not being able to resist to cute puppy eyes Mimi was giving her, Yerin agreed to play with Mimi for a little while. Yerin's parents went home and left Mimi and Yerin together. Mimi decided she wanted to go to the park.

"So how old are you now?" Yerin asked as she pushed Mimi on a swing. 

"I'm 8!" Mimi said excitedly. Yerin sighed but kept a smile on her face.

"You were almost 6 when I left. I don't remember telling you that you were allowed to grow up," Yerin said as she continued pushing the swing.

"You don't get to pick when I grow up," Mimi laughed at Yerin's face after she said this. Mimi was like a younger sister to Yerin and they always had a special bond. Time flew and it was time for Mimi to go home. Yerin talked with Mimi's parents for a little while before she headed back to her parents house. They spent the evening enjoying each other's company and talking. Soon it was time for Yerin to leave. 

"Have a safe trip back," Yerin's mom said as she hugged her daughter tightly.

"Be careful flying in the dark," Yerin's dad added as her hugged her as well.

"Bye! I'll visit again soon!" Yerin shouted as she walked out the door and began her fly back to her friends.

Hello~ I'm currently on vacation so I will edit this chapter at the hotel tonight but I wanted to publish it once I finished it. I have also been writing another story but I won't publish it until all or most of the chapters are written since I at keeping up with a schedule. Thank you for reading and please look forward to my new story~