~Visiting Home: Part 1~

Shooting Star

Sowon looked at the mansion in front of her with a wide smile. For the first time in a while, she finally returned to her home. She had been gone for 3 years and it seemed like an eternity, even though she's immortal. Sowon walked up the stairs, stepped up onto the porch and knocked three times. The young vampire heard shuffling behind the door as she waited patiently. The door creaked open slowly and a woman peeked out from behind the door. 

"Hi mom," Sowon waved as she greeted her mother happily. The door swung open and Sowon's mother quickly embraced her daughter in a tight hug.

"Sojung, it's been so long since you visited!" The older vampire said as she released Sowon from the hug. Both women were smiling happily as they walked into the house towards the living room.

"I know. I'm sorry I didn't stop by sooner," Sowon smiled apologetically at her mom.

"It's fine honey. I'm just glad you had time to stop by today. Your sister is coming over later today as well" Sowon's mom said as they sat down on the couch. 

"Really!? It's been so long since I've seen her," Sowon said excitedly. She always had a good relationship with her older sister but they haven't been able to see each other in almost seven years. Sowon had been living with and taking care of the other girls, more specifically keeping SinB and Yerin from hurting themselves or someone else, for about four years. Sowon's sister moved out a few years before Sowon and they never seemed to visit at the same time.

"She's bringing her son and husband so you'll be able to meet them too," Sowon's mom explained to Sowon, who couldn't stop smiling. Sowon's dad was out working and wouldn't be back until later in the day. Sowon spent the time alone catching up with her mother and telling stories about the five kids she had to care for. It was almost two in the afternoon when they ran out of things to talk about.

"Would you mind helping me prepare dinner? I want to make a large meal since we'll have everyone at home again," Sowon's mom asked as she headed towards the kitchen. Sowon hummed a small 'mhm' as she got up from the couch and followed her mom. The two vampires began talking about old memories as they cooked. Some were about Sowon as a baby and some were about her sister and their little fights. Both of them stopped talking and turned towards the door as they heard a car approaching. One advantage of being vampires, they can hear everything. Sowon's dad walked through the door and sniffed the air.

"Oh, I smell something good," He said fondly as he walked into the kitchen. His eyes widened as he saw Sowon standing in front of him.

"Hi dad, how was work?" Sowon asked as she gave him a hug.

"Sojung, when did you get back?" Her dad said with a smile. 

"I got here earlier this morning. I wanted to visit since it's been so long," Sowon explained to her dad. 

All three worked together to finish the grand dinner. It was almost five when they finished, which was just in time for Sowon's sister to arrive. The three vampires had just finished setting the table when a knock on the door was heard.

"I got it!" Sowon shouted as she ran towards the door. She opened the door quickly and saw her sister. Sowon's sister was obviously surprised to see the younger vampire as her eyes widened when she saw Sowon standing there.

"It's been so long since I've seen you Sojung!" Her sister shouted as she hugged Sowon. Behind her sister, Sowon saw a man holding a child, probably somewhere near 3 years old.

"Is this your husband and son?" Sowon asked as she pointed to the two boys behind her sister. Sowon's sister had a soft smile on her face as she nodded.

"Nice to meet you," Sowon greeted her brother in law politely.

"Mom, dad, and I prepared a big dinner," Sowon told her sister excitedly.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go eat," Sowon led the way with the others following behind her. It was a rather calm evening for the family of vampires, other than Sowon's mom obsessing over the toddler.

"Awe his first fang is coming in!" Sowon's mother practically squealed as she watched the child eat his crackers. Sowon made a mental note to herself to come back home more often. She hadn't realized how much she actually missed seeing her real family. Time flew and the next thing Sowon knew she was saying goodbye to her family. She hugged her mom, dad, and sister and she said goodbye to her brother in law. Sowon wanted to give her nephew a kiss on the cheek but ended up getting a baby fist to the face, which caused everyone to laugh. Sowon sent a playful glare to the toddler before beginning her trip back home.

"So long peace and quiet," Sowon thought to herself, sighing as she remembered her five kids that would be waiting for her.

"I really hope they're all still alive,"

Wow! It's been a while since I've updated... Sorry hehe. I've been really busy with projects for school T^T Visiting Home will be a 6 part series (one part for each member) and I'm thinking that after this little series thing is done I'll mark this as completed. I actually was debating whether or not to start another one-shot series but with different au's for every chapter. This way I could do a multitude of different genres within a story. My other plan was to start an actual story but I'm not sure I'd be able to keep up with it (as proven by my inability to update this consistently) Please let me know what you think about my ideas and as always, thank you for reading~ Bye!