Chapter 02: Another Stranger

Stay (Destined Lovers in Wonderland)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We fell down the peculiar hole. The hole was deep and spacious, much more so than it had seemed when I first saw it from outside. As we were falling, I noticed many things. A gold pocket watch, doors of different sizes and materials, a key, playing cards, a chair... Despite this, the man seemed completely oblivious. Before I knew it, we landed in a different forest from the one we had just come from. Unlike earlier, where it was dimly lit, rays of light seemed to shine into this forest.

 

 

(This seems odd, considering how far we fell.)

 


Just before we landed on the ground, it felt as though our bodies were floating. Perhaps that was why the pain was minimal.

 


(Is it just me...?)

 


I whirled around when I no longer saw the man who had been carrying me. My eyes collided with golden ones. I hadn't noticed that I had landed right on top of him. I was looking down when our eyes met. For some reason, he was blushing and quietly turned to look away.

 


(Huh?)

 


I thought he might want to give me a piece of his mind, so his unexpected reaction left me momentarily speechless.

 


"*Chuckle*"

 


As I sat there in confusion, I heard amused laughter from among the trees.

 


"Who's there...?!"

 


I quickly glanced up to find hazel eyes staring down at us. 

 


(Another stranger...)

 


He was perched on the branch of a tree and smiling with mirth, which made his silver hair, which was tinged with blue, gently sway.

 


"Kim Jongin is easily embarrassed. How do you think he got his nickname?"

 


"Red...?"

 


It finally dawned on me. Jongin was the name of the man who shot me and brought me here. But he also called Red here because he was easily embarrassed. His face was still red, and he refused to look at me.

 


(Is it that he does

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter