Chapter 06: Dream

Stay (Destined Lovers in Wonderland)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I started to emerge from the lake when it hit me.

 

 

(Oh, no! ...I don't have a towel. Should I just ignore the fact that I'm wet and put on my clothes? ...That doesn't sound appealing at all.)

 


I considered my options. After concluding that I wouldn't be able to resolve this on my own, I decided to involve Jongin.

 


"...Hey, Jongin. Do you have a minute?"

 


"...! Wh-What?"

 


"I need something to dry off with. Is that too much to ask?"

 


"...No. Luhan should have something. I'll go get it. You wait here."

 


With those parting words, I heard the sound of brush parting.

 


(Thank goodness...)

 


I appreciated Jongin's consideration. After a while, I heard the sound of footsteps approaching.

 


"Kyungsoo. I'm coming to hand you a towel... Are you all right with that?"

 


Even though I was the one who asked for a towel, Jongin was kind enough to ask for my permission. Of course, I wasn't going to refuse. I steeled my nerves and covered myself with the clothes I'd discarded.

 


"Yes, I'm fine with it."

 


"H-Here... Use this."

 


Jongin's face was turned away as he awkwardly came to the edge of the lake and held out the towel. He also seemed to be blocking hos view with the outstretched towel.

 


(I have to admit... He's honest to a fault.)

 


I smiled when I thought of the lengths he was going to in order to keep his promise. I accepted the towel and spoke.

 


"...You're a good person, Jongin."

 


"Wha...?"

 


He seemed caught off guard by my comment and regarded me blankly.

 


"Jongin? It's kind of embarrassing to have you stare at me like that..."

 


"S-Sorry...!"

 


Jongin quickly apologized and retreated behind a nearby tree.

 


"Let me know when you're done changing. Until then, I won't turn around...!"

 


I chuckled at the note of panic in his voice.

 


(He seems like a nice guy. He's certainly not all that bad.)

 


I never thought I'd come to feel that way about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter