Chapter 07: Breakfast

Stay (Destined Lovers in Wonderland)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mm..."

 

 

As I slowly started to regain consciousness, I started to notice the brigthness of the sun and the sound of birds chirping.

 


(I seem to have been dreaming...)

 


Despite instinctively knowing this, I couldn't remember what I had been dreaming about. Whenever I tried to grasp at my memories, it was like sand running through my hands. Memories remained out of reach.

 


(My body aches a little... Probably from sleeping in a sleeping bag.)

 


I slowly exerted force in my hands and legs, in order to avoid any pain.

 


(...My muscles ache a bit, but I should be okay.)

 


"Ah, you're awake. Good morning, Kyungsoo."

 


The voice that suddenly spoke was laid-back, but carried a note of amusement.

 


"Good morning, Luhan. You're up early."

 


I sat up and greeted Luhan, he smiled in return.

 


"Yeah. I woke up early so I could take over guard duties for Jongin."

 


"...Oh, I see."

 


I probably should have thanked him but...I held my tongue, given how I ended up camping out here in the first place.

 


(I'm being held captive by these people...Although it doesn't really feel that way.)

 


I kept silent, conflicted by my emotions. A blanked slipped from on top of my sleeping bag.

 


(Huh? I don't remember borrowing anything besides a sleeping bag.)

 


As I stared at the blanket in my hand, Luhan read my thoughts.

 


"Oh, that's Jongin's blanket."

 


"Jongin's?"

 


I looked around to find Jongin leaning against a tree.

 


(He abducts me at gunpoint, yet gives me his blanket?)

 


As I frowned, confused by Jongin's show of kindness, he suddenly opened his eyes. Oblivious of me as I sat there in surprise, Jongin pulled out his watch to check the time. He then without any words, reached out to the cooking utensils he used last night and started to make breakfast. He added new leaves to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter