Chapter 15: Night Talk

Stay (Destined Lovers in Wonderland)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(I hope Jongin is somewhere nearby...)

 

 

I couldn't find him inside the building, so I ventured outside. He might have been running late because he had to run an errand, or he went somewhere far.

 


(But then he would have at least said something to me.)

 


As I was thinking those thoughts, I slowly started to become aware of my surrounding.

 


"How beautiful..."

 


I had often stared out the window, so I knew there were people living in the forest. But standing out here on my own felt somehow refreshing. As I was taking in the sites...

 


"Where do you think you're going?"

 


"Luhan..."

 


I whirled around at the sound of his voice and found Luhan standing there. He wore an exasperated smile, as if to say I should still be in bed.

 


"...I don't plan on going far. I just wanted some fresh air."

 


"I know. You're not healed enough to go shopping, or even for a letsurely stroll."

 


"...By the way, where's Jongin?"

 


I tried to feign an air of nonchalance.

 


"Oh, he went out for a bit. I don't think he'll be too late. Jongin has a one-track mind, so at the moment, he's focused solely on making sure you get better."

 


Luhan studied the lit houses as he spoke almost as if to himself.

 


"What...? Are you saying Jongin's absence has something to do with healing my wounds?"

 


"That's right. Even now that we know someone from Wonderland is in pursuit of us... He insists that he won't leave town until you're fully healed. What's more...He wants to get the pursuer to use magic to heal your wounds."

 


"Pursuer...?"

 


I was curious about his mention of 'magic', but even more so about something else he said.

 


"That'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter