Chapter 10: Knife

Stay (Destined Lovers in Wonderland)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Taehyung finished talking, I slowly released a breath I hadn't realized I was holding.

 

 

(...I knew nothing of Jongin's past.)

 


Jongin killed Taehyung's father. No wonder Taehyung hated Jongin.

 


(Still, that doesn't give him free reign to do as he pleases. Besides...it sounds as if his father was the one at fault to begin with, yet he says it doesn't concern him?)

 


I glared at Taehyung, unable to sympathize. Taehyung just smiled at me with derision.

 


"You seem to have grown fond of him. He comes off as a good guy, but he's evil!"

 


I wanted to refute his claim, but at the moment, my voice wouldn't come out, and it was all I could do to breathe.

 


"It disgusts me to know that a gopher like him who'd obey Grimm's every command is allowed to live...!"

 


(This guy...seems to lose all reason when it comes to Jongin.)

 


Just when I gave up hope that my voice would reach him, my body shivered from being cold and wet due to the rain. Since I had been left to lie on the ground, my body temperature fell even more, and I was starting to lose consciousness.

 


"I-I'm cold..."

 


I was so cold, it almost made me forget the pain in my back, and my lips stated to shiver.

 


"Huh? ...Oh, right. I suppose wearing wet clothes will do that to you. You should get out of those wet clothes."

 


When I heard Taehyung's laughter getting closer, I bit my lip so as not to outwardly cringe.

 


"*Chuckle* If you keep on looking at me like that, I might decide to undress you myself."

 


Taehyung continued to smile wickedly as he grabbed me by the hair to lift my head.

 


"I couldn't care less what happens to you, but I need you to stay alive until he comes, understand? Otherwise, you'll steal my fun."

 


My eyes collided with his flickering golden ones. Although their color was almost the same as Jongin's, they were completely different, and just looking into them chilled me to the bone.

 


(Taehyung has absolutely no regard for me...)

 


Even if I were to die before Jongin arrived, he would probably just consider me as nuisance. I didn't doubt that Taehyung would do anything to hurt Jongin. Knowing that sent a chill down my spine, for an entirely different reason than the cold from the rain.

 


"Well, come to think of it... This is the first time I've gotten a good look at you."

 


As he studied my face, he sounded almost pleased.

 


"You're rather pretty, missy."

 


When I registered the smile on his face, my bodym which I had been unable to move, suddenly tensed.

 


"...What are you...?"

 


"I'm sure it'll be a while until Jongin gets here. I might as well get a taste of you before then."

 


"Don't touch me!" 

 


Just as I voice my protest, I remembered what I had hidden in my inner pocket. I wrapped my hands around my body and reached for my bosom, all the while glaring at Taehyung.

 


"Go ahead and resist. That'll make things more interesting." 

 


Taehyung smiled at me lasciviously as he reached his hand out toward me.

 


(Now's my only chance!)

 


By sheer force of will, I forced myself to move and gripped the dagger nestled in my bosom. I swung as hard as I could.

 


"Argh...!"

 


As soon as I felt myself hit something, I looked to see bright red

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter