Chapter 09: Danger

Stay (Destined Lovers in Wonderland)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung's eyes held unhidden hatred toward Jongin.

 

 

"Kyungsoo... Taehyung is only after me, you go on ahead."

 


"...! Jongin..."

 


Jongin spoke as he continued to glare at Taehyung.

 


(Jongin will no doubt find it easier to fight without me here.)

 


I couldn't say I felt no fear in the face of a killer. But I held my voice steady as I spoke.

 


"I'll take you up on your offer and go on ahead... But, Jongin? I expect you follow me soon... Do you hear me? Answer me."

 


"...Yeah, I hear you. Try not to trip along the way."

 


For some reason, Jongin sounded relieved as he followed me with his eyes.

 


"It'll be a piece of cake."

 


With that, I started to sprint.

 


"...Wow. You really let her go."

 


I headed for the cave. My steps never faltering as I ran through the forest.

 


~~*~~

 


"You seem to have it bad for her, Jongin."

 


"..."

 


"Haha, I see you're not going to answer that, eh? Your mind seems to be working overtime today!"

 


Jongin inhaled sharply. There was no doubt the bullet had hit Taehyung. But it was far from on target. Normally, he never would nuss at this distance. Jongin frowned, acknowledging a split second of doubt. And the bullet that should have hit him squarely...seemed to have passed right through Taehyung and bored a hole in the tree behind him. It was almost as if Taehyung wasn't even there.

 


"...! Could it be a spell of illusion...?"

 


An illusion spell. It was to trick people. Taehyung standing before him was a fake conjured by a spell of illusion. That would explain the bullet going right through him.

 


"Are you surprised that I can create an illusion?"

 


Before he even finished speaking, Taehyung disappeared in a puff of smoke.

 


"Gr... Grr."

 


Taehyung's image was replaced by several magical beasts that immediately surrounded Jongin.

 


~~*~~

 


(There it is! That must be it!)

 


After finally finding the entrance to the cave deep in the forest, I felt a wave of relief. Just as I let down my guard...

 


"Huh...?"

 


I felt a stab of pain in my back, and my body swayed. My legs no longer held me up. 

 


"Oh..."

 


My body collapsed onto the muddy ground with a revolting splash.

 


(What on earth... What's happening...?)

 


My body wouldn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter