Meet the Kingkas

those 3 words i only whisper to you

JAEJOONG’S POV

It’s weekend. As usual I stay in my room composing a song on my bed when I hear my iphone rings. I look at the screen. It’s from “Duckbutt Junsu”.

“Junsu-ya.”

“Yobseyo. Hyung, where are you?” he asks.

“My place. Wae? ”

“Ani, do you want to hang out with us?”

“Sure. Count me in. Where? ”

“Great. Meet us at coffee shop at W Mall at 3.”

“Arasso. See you guys later.”

 

I stop composing and start to take a leisured walk around in my mansion and at last stop in front of Jiji’s room. I could hear someone talking and giggling behind that door. When I open the door, 2 of my noonas are there dressing Jiji.

 

“Omo, Jiji-ya. Your appa’s here.” Said Su young noona.

“Haaa.. kyeo.” Jiji walks toward me and I pick him up in bridal style. Then I pretend to work out using Jiji as the weight. Su young noona and A young noona just laugh at my silliness.

“Jjoong-ah, don’t you have a girlfriend?” Su young noona.

I let out a chuckle while put Jiji down and sits besides noona. “Why did you ask?”

“Ani, noona has never seen you with any girls since you in high school. I thought you have number of fans in college what’s with all the gifts”

“They just like because of my look and our family status noona. Not because of me being myself.”

“Joongie-ya, wants noona helps you?” A young noona chimes in. What’s wrong them today. I thought to myself.

“Kwaenchanha. I can get girl of my dream myself.” I said nonchalantly. “Wae?? Do you already have someone in your mind?”

Both of them nod their heads.

“Nugu?” I am asking out of curiosity.

“Jessica.” They both said in unison.

“Jung Jessica??” They nod their head vigorously with grinning plastered on their face.

“Pass.” Jung Jessica, nation daddy’s girl and the heiress of big enterprise in Seoul. Work as part time modelling. She’s one of the most eligible girls in college; - pretty, has average height like models, comes from well-known family and good financial background. Somehow those things fail to impress me.

“Wae??!”

“I’m not interested.” There a silence between us for a moment. I continue play with Jiji like nothing has ever said.

“She’s always asking for you whenever she drops by at our restaurant and ask things you like, detest and such.”

“That makes her no difference with those fangirls I have. Right, Jiji?” I Jiji’s fur who’s sit on my laps. “Cha.. I’m going. I’ll be in my room if you need me.”

 

I continue what I did earlier which is composing song. Few hours later, there’s a knock on my door.

“Ye...”

“Jjoong-ah, noonas want to drops by at the restaurant. Is there anything you want?” Su young noona asks.

“Ani. Thanks anyway. I’m going out at 3 to meet the boys.”

“It’s almost 3 now. Aigoo. This kid.” Said A young noona.

“Jeongmal??” I look at the my clock table. “Ooh sh*t.” I rush to my table and grab my wallet and car keys.

“No curse word Joongie.”

“Mianhe noona. Seriously, I’m late.” With that I drive my black convertible to the W Mall to meet the boys.

 

 

It only takes me about 15 minutes to reach the mall. I swiftly park my black convertible in front of the massive mall. With my shades on I made my ways to the mall entrance. As usual group of girls staring at me with dreamy eyes. I already get used to that situation as girls in my college label my members and I as the kingkas; term they use to describe good looking and smart boys who come from rich families and have their own family business. I give them a gentle smile just to be polite and continue looking for my members.

 

 

From far I can see Changmin playing with his new ipad he got for his birthday. Junsu has been telling Yunho and Yoochun his gags. I could hear his “eu kyang kyang” laughter from far and Yunho and Yoochun seem confuse by him. Junsu, the duck- who is also my cousin, always try his best to make us laugh with his gags and he has the best aegyo among us. I bet Yoochun see me coming and greet me.

“Yo hyung. You’re late.” Said Yoochun.

“Sorry. Bit carried away while composes the songs.” Not everyone knows that I compose songs during my free time except my noonas and members. It’s not like my parents oppose me of doing music, it’s just they want me to put priority in handling the CJES HOTEL. It’s been our routine for us to hang out every weekend or doing sports to strengthen our brotherhood. I spent most of my weekend with them since I was born as the only son in the family with 3 noonas.

We talk for few hours about school, about the way girls gawking at us and things we want to do after graduation. Since Yunho and I in final year in college, we talk about plan after graduation which is take over family business. Junsu let out a heavy sighs and 4 heads turn to him.

“It won’t feel the same when hyungs not around after your graduation.” He said.

“Wae? ”4 of us said in unison.

“I’ll miss the way hyungs troll me.” With that 4 of us burst out a loud laughter which only make other customers pay their attention to us.

“Aigoo. Junsu-ya.” I said.

“Baboya.” Said Yoochun.

“It’s okay Junsu. You still have Changmin and Yoochun to troll you around.” Yunho said, patting on Junsu’s shoulder.

“Still it’s not the same. You see hyung, whenever hyungs tease me, at least hyungs still have mercy on me. Unlike these two, “ referring to Changmin and Yoochun, “they’re heartless.” I laugh at Junsu’s explanation. “It’s true hyung.”

“Mworago??!” said Changmin and Yoochun. With that they trolling on Junsu like always. Eventhough Junsu is a year older than Changmin, he can’t even help it from being bullied by the maknae. Yunho and I enjoy ourselves seeing Junsu being bullied by the other two.

“Yunho-ah, I’ll wander off in the bookstore for a while.” He nods.

“Jaejoong hyung, going home already?” Junsu call over.

“Aniya. I want to buy some reading material at the bookstore.”

“Wait. I’m coming with you.”

AT THE BOOKSTORE

“What do you want to buy actually?” asks Junsu.

“I don’t know. Anything. Comics and maybe some books on how to manage a hotel. Need to start learning about hotel management now. Harabeoji wants us to work in his hotel remember.”

“Aahhh. I nearly forgot about that.” Once inside the bookstore, Junsu and I made our own paths to difference section. I made my way to EDUCATIONAL/BUSINESS section to find the book I’m looking for. It is where I find a familiar looking girl talking on the phone with piles of magazines and mangas in her other hands. Too bad I can’t recall who she is.

“I’m fine oppa. Don’t worry about me.... No one dares to bully me. ... What, am I still a kid to you?” She’s sound annoying to whomever she speaks to on the phone. “... Seriously, do you miss me that much oppa? It’s just 1 and half hour since I left the mansion.” She let out a chuckle. I find it cute seeing her like that and unnoticed to me there’s a smile on my face. She catches me staring at her and our eyes lock into each other. For a moment I feel like time has been stopped. At first I thought she will be mad at me but she gives me friendly smile. In return I smile back at her, a smile that could melt any girls.

YOUR POV

As I was talking to oppa on the phone, I could feel someone’s been staring at me. The moment I put up my head, and there he is, a hot looking guy is standing in front of me. Even though with just a pair of jean, white shirt and dark blue sweater, it’s enough to show his charms and well define muscles. I must have caught him staring at him as he seems to snap to reality as I met his eyes. I smile at him at he smiles back. That smile manages to make my heart skip a beat. I look away from his gaze. For a moment I forgot Hyun Joong oppa is on the line.

“Are you still there?” asks oppa in a worried tone. One thing I don’t like about my oppa is that sometimes he can be an over-protective brother.

“Huhh?? Ye... What did you say?” I ask a little bit space-out.

“Take care out there. And don’t talk to srangers.”

“Ye...”

“And be back before 6.” He warns.

“Neee. AHJUHSII.. Seriously oppa ..... , “before I could finish my sentence, a kid run into me and I accidentally bump into him. All the books I had in my hand fall on the floor including my iphone. His hands rested on my lower back to help me stable. I can feel the defined muscle of his abs. It takes us few moments for our brains to register what has just happening. His face is just inches from mine. I quickly push him away lightly.

“Sorry.” I pick up my iphone for sure Hyun joong oppa still on the line.

“Yobseyo?? Yobseyo?? YA!! KIM JAE KYUNG.. You better answer me now young lady.”

“Oh oppa. Mianhe. I call you back in a minute alright.”

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. It’s nothing. Annyong.” I hang up and put my iphone in my bags. I let out a sigh and remembered that I just bumped into him.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. Please forgive me.” I apologise repeatedly while bowing.

“Kwaenchanha. It’s not your fault. Are you hurt?” he asks.

“Aniyo, I’m fine.” I bend down to pick up my things. To my surprise he also bends down and help.

“Let me help you.” We pick up all the books in silence. When I want to pick the last book on the floor he accidentally placed his hand onto mine. I feel as if an electric shock flows through my vein, I quickly pull my hand.

“Sorry.” He said. The atmosphere suddenly turns awkward.

“It’s okay.” I reply weakly.

“Here you go, miss.”

“Thank you.” I bow and head to the counter.

“Wait. Do you mind telling me your name?” he asks, with a smile.

“Jae Kyung. Kim Jae Kyung.” I smile.

“Nice to meet you Jae Kyung-shi. I’m Jaejoong. Kim Jaejoong.” He offering a hand shake.

“Nice to meet you too.”I shake his hand. I can feel my cheeks start to blush. “I gotta go.” I said. "

"Oowh." He nods and let go of my hand..

As I step out from the bookstore, a familiar voice greets me.

“Jae Kyung-ah.”

“Oh, Changmin-ah.” I greet him back with a wide smile. He pulls you into bear hug ignoring his other two friends.

“Ya... Your friends watching.” He let go of me.

“Hyungs, this is Jae Kyung, my cousin.” He introduces me to his friends. “Jae Kyung-ah,, this is Yunho hyung and Yoochun hyung.”

“Annyeonghaseyo.” I bow to them and smile.

“Annyeonghaseyo.”said Yunho and Yoochun.

“So, what bring you here? Are you alone?” Changmin asks.

“Ne. I bought these.” Referring to piles of magazines and mangas I just bought. “Too bored staying at home. Hyun Joong oppa kinda with his work.”

“Aigoo. You’re still always with your oppa just like before. You need to have boyfriend to replace your oppa’s place Jae Kyung-ah.” He says, messing with my hair and chuckles.

“Ya~~” Both of us laugh. Later I saw Jaejoong and his friend step out from the store.

“Jaejoong hyung, we’re here.” Guy named Yoochun called them over. When Jaejoong sees me, a smile forms on his lips.

“Hyungs, meet my cousin, Jae Kyung. This is Junsu oppa.” said Changmin. “And this is – “

“Jaejoong-shi.” I cut-off.

“You guys know each other?” Yunho asks. I shake my head.

“Aniyo. She kind of bump into me in there.” Jaejoong explain.

“Ne. Changmin-ah, I better get going. I promised oppa I’ll be back before 6.”

“Okay. Annyong.”

“Annyong. Nice to meet all of you. And Jaejoong-shi, thanks again for helping me in there.”

“My pleasure.” He smiles. My heart beats faster than it should be. How did he do that? I ask myself. With that I head off to meet my driver and goes straight to the mansion.

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

 

For some strange reason, something about this girl I can’t quite put my finger on it. I watch her walks off till she’s no longer in sight.

“Hello. Earth’s calling for Kim Jaejoong.” Said Yoochun while waving in front of his face.

“Err- what?” I ask in confuse.

“What are looking at hyung?” ask Junsu.

“It seems like Jaejoong hyung has his eyes on Jae Kyung.” Said Changmin.

“Aawwww.....” The other cooed.

“Shut up.” I smile sheepishly and punch lightly on Changmin’s shoulder.