Back to the house

Paradise...only with you here

 

It has been two days since Jara woke up and the doctor allowed her to go home. Even though her mother-in-law insisted her to stay with them, she refused.

“There’s a lot of memories of him there ommeoni~” She answered everytime Mrs. Lee invited her to stay with them. At first, Mrs. Lee was not happy with her decision but after Sunggyu, Chorong and Naeun convinced her she finally gave up.

“Okay, you can stay there. I’ll come over often.” Mrs. Lee hugged her and patted her back affectionately. Mrs. Lee helped her in packing her things and shooed the others.

“You three have your own work to do, am I right? Go~ I’ll send her home.” Mrs Lee made up a stern voice as she pushed them towards the door. The three chuckled, bowed and bid goodbye.

“If you need anything call us!” the three waved at Jara and exited the room.

“Honey~ go take your shower. You don’t want to go home with hospital’s stench are you?” Mrs. Lee winked. Jara blushed and scurried off towards the bathroom.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

 

Mrs Lee drove towards the kindergarten because Jara missed her daughter so much.

“You’d just saw her yesterday and you missed her already?” Mrs. Lee raised her eyebrow as she made a turn at the right lane.

“I can’t help it~ she’s my daughter after all.” Jara chuckled.

A soft smile appeared on Mrs. Lee face. She was beyond happy and thankful that her daughter-in-law was normal again. When they arrive, it was playtime and the children were playing on the playground. Jara got out from the car and walked towards the playground. Her gaze softened and an affectionate smile came to her face when she saw her daughter. *She’s wearing purple*

“Omma!” Soojung beamed when she saw her mother. She ran towards her with arms wide open. Jara hugged her and kissed her cheeks.

“Soojung-ah~ what are you doing?”

“Playing games with my friends. It’s fun! Wanna join?”

“Ani, I’ll sit here and watch you. How’s that?” Jara sat on the bench under a shady tree. Soojung eyes twinkled as she ran back to her friends.

“I’ll be right back omma! Don’t go anywhere, okay?” She yelled.

Jara smiled at her daughter’s behaviour and smiled. She was very familiar with her words.

“Don’t go anywhere jagi~ I’ll be right back!”

Yes, Hoya often said those words. It’s like his catch phrase. He always told her to wait but he never broke his promise though. When he said he will come back, then he will. He always will. But then, he didn’t. at the airport when he promised that he’ll come back…he ended up leaving her…forever. Jara bit her lips. She didn’t want to cry anymore especially in front of Soojung.

“Omma~ where’s appa? You said he was coming home this week but where is he?”Soojung asked.

Jara blinked and answered it calmly “Appa went to a far place this time, Soojung-ah~”

“Wae? Did I do something wrong? Is he angry with me because I refused to wear purple clothes? I will wear purple! I will! I promise! Omma~ tell appa that I want him to come back!” Soojung wailed.

 Naeun tried to calm her down but she cried even louder. Jara couldn’t control her emotions so she hugged her, tightly.

“Soojung-ah~ one day we will go and see him. I promise you. He  won’t return to us anymore. Be patient, honey. Someday, we will meet him.” Jara whispered at her and wiped her tears off. Soojung was finally calmed.

“If you continue to be a sweet girl, maybe Appa will come and see you. Don’t you think?” Jara winked.

“Arasseo. I promise I will be a good girl.” Soojung promised and smiled again. She was still sobbing but she quickly wiped her tears off, with hope that if she didn’t cry, her dad will return to her once more.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Mrs. Lee sudden question surprised her. She turned to her right and saw her sitting there with her eyes on Soojung. Jara her lips and focused back to Soojung.

“N-nothing ommeoni.” She stuttered. Mrs. Lee glanced at her.

“Thinking about Howon again?” Jara froze at her words. She gulped.

“My offer is still on you know. How about staying with us? It’s the best for you, Soojung and the upcoming baby.” Mrs. Lee said softly as she gazed at Jara’s tummy. She didn’t want to force her beloved daughter-in-law. She cared for her just like her own daughter.

“I’ve made my decision, ommeoni. I hope you understand.” Jara answered. Mrs. Lee nodded. In fact, she already know what Jara’s answer.

“Okay. But remember, my offer will never worn off.”

“Thanks ommeoni.”

“Hey, I talked to Soojung teacher and she allowed her to go home early today. I’ll drop you two home so you can have a quality time together. How’s that?”

Jara gasped and hugged Mrs. Lee.

“Thank you ommeoni! You’re the best! Thanks!” Mrs. Lee giggled as she patted her back.

“Aigoo~ you’re acting like a child again. You’re welcome honey~”

Jara walked towards Soojung and told her the news. Soojung eyes twinkled as she jumped up and down. Jara grabbed her daughter’s hand and entered the kindergarten to take her bag. Mrs. Lee gaze softened when she watched the both of them. She wiped the tears off her face and cleared .

“Howon-ah~ you got a really nice and strong wife. Omma will take a really good care of her. You don’t have to worry,” She whispered as she stared at the blue skies above.

 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

 

“Waa~ finally we are home!” Soojung squealed. Jara put their things down at the living room. She scanned around the place and smiled *It HAD been a long time*

“Sorry girls~ I loved to stay but I need to attend an important meeting. Bye!” Mrs. Lee apologized. She kissed them both on the cheeks and went off.

“So~ how about we went out and grabbed something to eat?” Jara planned. Soojung nodded her head and went upstairs to get ready. Jara went to the kitchen and checked the refrigerator. It was empty. She shrugged.

“Might as well buy some food supplies.” She sighed.

Jara took her things and went upstairs. She stopped in front of her room. She bit her lips as she slowly grabbed the doorknob. She took a deep breath and opened it. The room was clean and everything was on its place. She went in and closed the door. She scanned the room and her eyes stopped at the wedding picture of her and Hoya. The picture showed both of them staring at each other with her tip toeing on his feet. She walked towards it and caressed Hoya’s smiling face. She glanced at her own photo and slightly giggled.*We look very happy*

“Aish! I’m tired. Can’t we stop Sungyeol-ssi?” Jara whined at the cameraman. Sungyeol mentally smacked his forehead.

“Jara-ssi. We’ve just started. And you are tired already? It’s weird~ usually, the bride is over excited when the photo shoot session started. It seems like your husband is more into it.” Sungyeol raised his eyebrow as he snapped some more picture. Jara pouted and fanned herself. It was hot!

“Jagi~ be patient okay. We’ll go rest after this.” Hoya chuckled as he kissed her cheeks. Sungyeol caught it on camera and smiled. *These two fits each other. It’s been a long time since I have fun taking wedding pictures.*

“Jara-ssi~ wear your heels, please! You look so short~”

“Whaa..? No way! My feet hurt! Oppa, can you get down a little bit?” Jara showed her puppy eyes and tugged him down. Hoya was fine with it but Sungyeol’s not.

“I’m taking a full shot photo. Do you want him to look like that on the picture?” Sungyeol was slowly losing his patience.

“Well..you can’t blame her. She’s very short” Hoya grinned at Sungyeol. Jara gritted her teeth and smacked her husband shoulder.

“That’s it! I’m out. Go and take pictures with this!” She pushed the flower bouquet on his hand and turned to go away. Sungyeol gulped. *No! Is it the end of the perfect couple?* but, Hoya didn’t think so. He swiftly grabbed her arms and turned her towards him. Jara squealed in shock. She was facing her husband and she was aware that she was standing, bare feet on her husband black shiny shoes. Hoya put his arms around her waist, bringing her closer. Like it was planned, Jara tiptoed and wrapped her arms around his neck and pecked his lips. She pulled off and bashfully smiled at him.

“Perfect!” Sungyeol gasped as he snapped more photo of them in that position.

“The best wedding picture in the whole world! Oh my gosh! You two make me jealous!” Sungyeol continued blabbering while both of the newlyweds were in their own world.

“I’ll always love you Lee Jara. Forever and ever.” Hoya whispered and planted another kiss on her forehead.

“Me too, Lee Howon. Forever and ever.”

 

“Ding dong! Ding dong!” The doorbell rang and stopped her from recalling the memories.

“Omma!! Someone’s at the door! I’ll get it!” Soojung yelled from outside and Jara could hear her small steps going down the stairs. She quickly changed her cloth and grabbed a cream coloured coat. She stole a last glance at the wedding picture before she exited her room.

“Ahjussi~ that tickles! Omma! Help me! Sunggyu ahjussi is attacking me! Waaa!” Soojung giggled and started running away from Sunggyu and went to hide behind her mother’s figure.

“Hey! Come back here missy!” Sunggyu playfully chased her back.

Jara was surprised to see him here but she was fine with it.

“Stop it oppa. Soojung will knock your head off if you too much.” Jara warned him. Sunggyu pouted while Soojung mischievously stuck her tongue at him.

“Stop it you two. So, why are you here Oppa?” Jara asked.

“Aah~ I bought you some food supplies. I had put it inside the refrigerator.” Sunggyu stood up and rubbed the back of his neck. Jara gasped and looked at him fondly.           

“Oppa! Thank you! But, aren’t you busy?”

“Suprisingly...no! The meeting finished off early today and the president asked me to look after you. Oh! And he apologized for not able to come and bring you home. He say that he will visit you if he have time.” Sunggyu replied. Jara was touched when she knew that her father-in-law cared about her.

“Are you...going somewhere?” Sunggyu curiously asked. He glanced at Soojung who was wearing a purple dress and Jara who was holding a coat. Jara blinked and nodded her head.

“Ahjussi! We are going out to eat! Wanna join?” Soojung beamed at him. Sunggyu smiled at Soojung and glanced at Jara.

“Can I?” He mouthed. Jara frowned and Sunggyu shoulders dropped. Jara chuckled and smack his shoulder.

“Of course you can, Oppa! Let’s go!” She grabbed the house key and held Soojung’s hand. Sunggyu scrunched his nose and lightly knocked her head.

“Ouch! Ya! It hurts!” Sunggyu narrowed his eyes and pretend to sulk.

“That’s for trolling me. Hmph…you go sit at the back. I want Soojung to sit beside me.”

“Whatever~” Jara rolled her eyes and went to sit at the back.

“Soojung-ah~ we are going! Put on your seatbelt!” Sunggyu used his childish voice when he talked to her. Soojung put it on.

“Hey! You too Miss Troll~” Sunggyu glanced at Jara thorugh the front mirror. Jara mumbled incoherent words as she put on her seatbelt. She puffed her cheeks and folded her arms over her chest. Sunggyu giggled at her reaction. He started the engine and the car sped off.