Last Present

Paradise...only with you here

 

Jara slightly moved and open her eyes slowly. Regaining her conscious, she blinked her eyes as she can’t stand the bright light. She noticed that she was in a strange place. It was white all over the place. *Am I dead?* she bit her lips and stare at herself. *what have I done? I leave Soojung alone! Now she didn’t have any parents!* she felt bad and started crying.

“Jara~” she stopped crying and froze. That voice. She missed it so much!

“Jara~” he called again but she refused to look back. She was afraid. She didn’t want it to be a dream so she sat still on her spot. She could feel someone walked closer towards her and turned her over but she kept her eyes closed.

“Wae? Why are you crying?” he asked with a gentle tone while wiping her tears away.

Jara was startled. She felt his warm fingers wiping her tears and by then she was sure that he was real. She shot her eyes open and couldn’t control her tears when she saw him smiling sweetly at her. He’s handsome as always. He wore a white tux with a black tie.

“Oppa!” she jumped into his arms and started crying like a child. She holds onto him hard, refused to let go.

“Whoa~ easy, easy. You hug me to tight! I’m suffocating!” He pretended to lose his breath.

Jara finally let go and giggled at him. He softened and patted her head.

“There, you look prettier when you laugh and smile.” Jara blushed as she hug him again. *I don’t want this to be a dream. This is true, right?*

After some time, Hoya let go of his embrace and holds her hand.

“Come on, there’s something I need to show you.” he pulled her wrist, motioning her to follow him. Jara quietly followed him with her eyes fixed on his hand that holds her wrist. *It feels real. It is real. I’m in heaven now. With him. * She smiled unknowingly.

 

He kept walking and walking till he reached the place. He smiled widely and pulled her closer. Jara’s eyes widened in surprise. She was on the urge in crying again. In front of them, there were a table for two people. Lots of foods on it and the table was surrounded with a big heart made up of red roses. It smells nice there.

“You like it?”

“Loved it. Did you do all this by yourself?” 

“Yeah. I glad you like it! I work hard for this. Come on, let’s eat! You must’ve been hungry.”

He lead her to her chair and like a gentleman, he pulled the chair and motioned her to sit down. Jara mannerly bowed at him as a return and sit on the chair. He sat on his chair and clicked his fingers together. Out of nowhere, two servants in suits came by with a plate that is covered with silver covers on each of their hand. They put the plate in front of Jara and Hoya before they bowed and disappeared. Jara tilted her head in confusion. She gave her husband a look but he completely ignored her and told her to open the silver cover instead. She shrugged and followed what he said. She was delighted when she saw a juicy steak inside. She looked up and met eyes with her husband. She gave him her famous puppy eyes. Hoya chuckled, amused with her actions.

“Eat, Jara. You didn’t need my permission to eat that.”

Her face lights up. She grabbed her knife and fork and started cutting the steak but it was hard for her. She puffed her cheeks as she patiently cut the steak. *Silly steak. Can’t you see I’m hungry here!*

“Here, take mine.” Hoya handed her his plate of steak that had been nicely cut into small equal sizes. Jara blinked still cutting her steak but her eyes were fixed on him. Hoya raised his eyebrow before he stood up, grabbed her plate and placed his in front of her and started cutting her steak to eat. Jara smiled lovingly at him and ate the steak happily. *He never changed*

 

Jara leaned her back against her chair after she finished eating all the dishes. God! She was full!

“Jara, are you full?” she nodded. He grinned and took out a small white box from his tux pocket. Jara noticed him so she straightens herself up.

“What is that?” She pointed.

“A present. Here.” Hoya smiled and gave it to her. She blinked innocently, but still, she grabbed it from him. She slowly opened it up and was delighted when she saw the content.

“Oppa…this is beautiful.” She took out the infinity-symbol necklace carefully from its box. Hoya walked over and helped her to wear it.

“It fits you perfectly. Look, yours are gold and mine is silver. It’s a couple necklace so I hope we stay together forever.” Hoya gazed at her and softly kissed her lips. He hugged her for quite a time before letting her go.

“This is my last present for you, Jara.” He stated. He forced a smile on his face. Jara stiffened. *For all this time…am I dreaming?* she clutched on his arms and buried her head on his chest.

“No. Don’t go.” she croaked. Hoya entangled her shaking hands and holds it tight.

“Look. We are not separated forever, honey. We just have to accept reality. You have to take care of Soojung and my parents. You also have friends that worry about you. Live for me. Be happy for me. We are destined together, so sooner or later, heaven or hell, I promise you that we will meet again.”

Hoya let a tear slid from his eyes. Jara sniffed several times as she tried to control herself from crying. Hoya pulled her into a hug and kissed her one last time.

“Be strong my wife. Always know that I love you.” he whispered.

"I love you too, Oppa~" she managed to say those three words before she got unconscious…again.