Dazed

Paradise...only with you here

 

Jara woke up from sleep, turning her head to her left, hoping that her husband was sleeping, beside her. A frown came up on her face when she noticed that she was alone on the bed. She got up and removed the towel off her forehead. She sighed and kept her head low. Tears started to form and before she could even wipe them off, they fall one by one causing her face to turn damp. A knock on the door was heard so she quickly wiped off her tears and put on a small smile.

Naeun opened the door with a bright smile on her face and a tray of breakfast on her hands. Her shoulders deflated and her smile turns into a frown when she saw Jara condition. Jara looks frail, fragile and pale. She looks like she will break and shattered into pieces if you touch her. Naeun bit her lips, preventing herself to tear up. She walked towards Jara and put the tray on the bedside table. She then took the bowl of porridge and took a spoonful of the porridge, trying to feed Jara.

“Here’s your favourite porridge. I made it especially for you. Have a bite.” Jara looked up and shook her head. Once again, Naeun’s shoulders deflated. She put the porridge back on the tray and hold her hands.

“Listen, Jara. I don’t want to force you to eat up this porridge but please eat some. I don’t want you to get weak. Please?” she nodded her head like a small child and pat her friend's back, signing her not to worry.

“Good. I need to go to work now. Call me if you need anything.” Naeun gave her a bear hug and walk towards the door.

“Oh~ and one more thing…” she stopped and turned backwards. Jara tilted her head.

“Please start talking again.” Naeun said before she turned her back and quickly get out from the bedroom. Jara was emotionless. The news about her husband made her lifeless. She stood up and went to her closet. She changed her cloth and went out from her room. She went to Soojung’s room and discovered that no one’s there. *maybe omeonim took care of her. That means she’s alright. She’ll be alright if I was gone too. Right?* Another tear slip down from her eyes that were already red and puffy. She dragged herself that was in a completely blank state down the stairs, towards the main door. She twisted the doorknob opened. She inhaled some fresh air and closed the door behind her. She walked out from her house without bother to put her shoes on. She walked in daze.

She walked with the thought of her husband.

She walked with tears that always accompanied her these days.

She walked without conscience. Without any regrets. The only thing that had been playing in her mind is him. Her husband.

Her now deceased husband.

 

She stopped walking and stared at the busy road in front of her. She shifted her gaze to the traffic light. It was red. Meaning that, it was the transports turn to pass. She bit her lips and clutched hard on the hem of her oversized sweater. People that pass around her didn’t seem to care about her because they were busy with their own work!

With that she was determined. *Soojung-ah~ be a good girl and stay with your grandma and grandpa okay? Omma…going to meet appa. Omma…miss him so badly.*She closed her eyes and slowly walked forward, towards the busy road. The closer she gets the louder the sound of car’s honking she could hear. She can felt an impact on her left side of her body. The impact made her head dizzy and her legs turning into jelly. She fell to the ground and in a few moment she could feel someone shaking her body.

“Miss? Are you okay? Oh my god what have I done! Miss? Miss? Wake Up!”

She was to weak to respond but the last thing that she saw was the man. That man was shaking her body with a worried look on his fair coloured face. The man with the red hair.