No..he's not dead!

Paradise...only with you here

 

Sunggyu rushed to the hospital after hearing the news. He bumped into everyone that on his way without bothering to apologize.

“Damn! Where is her room?” his eyes wandered, searching for room 52 where Jara was admitted. He spotted the room and walked towards it. In front of the door, he took a deep breath and dried his wet eyes. He reached for the doorknob and opened it slowly. He walked in and closed the door behind him before facing in front. It was silent in there. He spotted Hoya’s parents sitting beside the bed with Naeun and Chorong behind them, with red eyes. Hoya’s mother was holding Jara’s hand and crying while his father sat still with an empty look in his eyes. Sunggyu shifted his eyes towards the couch and saw Soojung sleeping. Chorong and Naeun noticed him and walked towards him, with a small smile on their puffy face. Chorong grabbed his hand and pulled him out. Naeun excused herself to buy some coffee.

“Any news about Hoya? Is he really…” He gulped. “gone?” Chorong sighed and shook her head.

“There’s no news about him. And it’s been eight hours since the accident.” She whispered.

“His parents? Are they okay? I’m worried about them.” He addded

“They are quiet. They don’t spoken a word since they arrived.” Chorong sighed.

“Soojung? Is she alright?” he questioned. He’s fond of her so he worried about her a lot. Chorong shook her head again.

“She fall asleep after crying too much. She kept calling Hoya’s name too but she still didn’t know the truth.” Sunggyu sighed in frustration. They both kept themselves quiet till Naeun came around. She held two plastic bags with coffee and a few pastries in it.

“Let’s go in and gave some of these to Mr. And Mrs. Lee. They must be hungry. They haven’t eaten yet since they arrived.” Naeun said as she opened the door. The other two followed her in. She put the plastic bags on the table.

“Omeoni, abeoji let’s eat first.” Chorong called. Mrs. Lee walked towards the table and sat on the chair.

“Yeobo, come here and eat first. You must be hungry.” She said as she grabbed her coffee. She tried to keep her feeling inside but the three of them can sense it. Mr. Lee got up from the chair and walked towards the door. He stopped when he grabbed the doorknob.

“Sunggyu follow me. We need to talk” he said before he walked out. Sunggyu quickly grabbed a coffee and a croissant for Mr. Lee before bowing to Mrs. Lee. When he’s gone, Naeun grabbed Mrs. Lee hands. Mrs Lee look up and gave her a small smile.

“Yes, dear?” she asked.

“Omeoni, I now how you feel. Let it all out. It’s fine.” Naeun stated. Those words made her freeze. In a second, tears started to fall one by one from her eyes.

“My son. My precious son. What should we do? how about Jara? my poor daughter in law and Soojung too? She can’t lose her father in this age. She still young!” Mrs. Lee continued sobbing and weeping. Naeun embrace her and softly tap her back. She controlled her tears from falling.

“It’s gonna be alright Mrs. Lee. He’s all right. He’s your son, remember? He’ll be safe.” Chorong added, embracing her from behind.

“You’re right.” Mrs. Lee loosened the hug. She wiped her tears off.

“ I have to be strong. For the sake of Jara and Soojung. You two, I hope you take good care of Jara when I’m not around.”

 

------------

Mr. Lee was facing the window with his hands in his pockets. Sunggyu put the food down on the table and stood beside him, watching the outside world.

“Sunggyu-ah.” Mr. Lee called, breaking the silent atmosphere.

“Yes, abeonim?”

“I’m sure my son is not…” He couldn’t continue his words. The word ‘dead’ is hanging on his throat.

“He’s not dead yet. They didn’t even found his body.” Sunggyu stated. No way, his best friend is strong. He couldn’t be dead!

“I know.” He whispered with his eyes closed.

“I won’t believe it till the I get the prove.” Sunggyu continued.

“Sunggyu, we have to do something. We need to look for him. Dead or alive.” Mr. Lee added. Sunggyu faced him with a shocked face.

“He’s not dead! I-I know it. He’s not!” he was slightly yelling at him. Mr. Lee faced him and patted his shoulder.

“I’m glad Howon has a good friend like you.” he smiled. Sunggyu looked guilty. He was wrong shouting in front of elderly but he just can’t take it. His friend is not dead!

“We have to keep this matter as a secret. No one should know about my son’s accident without any confirmation.” Mr. Lee suddenly got serious. He was determined to uncover the truth.

“I got it. I’ll help you.” Sunggyu stated.

“Thanks a lot Sunggyu. Thank you very much.” Mr. Lee pulled him for a hug. A fatherly hug.