Tragedy

Paradise...only with you here

 

“Ring~! Ring~! Ring~!”

It’s 7 in the morning and the alarm clock was doing its job, waking Jara up from bed. She reached her hands out and stopped the ringing clock. She flicked open one eye and smiled. It’s Saturday. She got up from bed and went to her daughter’s room. She woke her up and gave her a bath. Finished, she wrapped her with a clean towel and carried her back to the room. She put her down and opened the dresser.

“So, what clothes that you want to wear today?” she asked, looking at Soojung. The little girl walked over and grabbed a purple dress. Jara looked at her, surprised.

“Don’t you hate purple?”

“Appa gonna be back today so I want to wear this for him!” Soojung beamed. Jara giggled and pinched her cheeks. My sweet little girl. Jara helped her dress up and tied her hair into two ponytails.

“There, done! Owh~ you look adorable!” she praised. Soojung blushed.

“Come, let’s go down and Omma will prepare your breakfast.” the two of them, hand in hand, walked down the stairs towards the kitchen to have breakfast. She prepared a simple English breakfast. She fried two eggs, sunny side up, cooked some baked beans and toasted some bread. She served the breakfast and they started eating. Finished, she cleaned Soojung up and cleared the table.

“Soojung-ah~ Omma going to take a shower. Sit here and behave. Okay?” she said while Soojung was busy playing with her toys on the living room.

“Okay Omma.” She smiled at her mom before concentrating back to her toys. The satisfied mom walked upstairs to her room. She tidied up the bed covers before she took her towel. He’s going to be back today~ The thought of him made her happy. She skipped her way towards the bathroom.

-------------------------------

 

“Ding dong~ ding dong~”

The doorbell rang. Soojung stopped playing and stood up.

“Who is it?” she asked while she walked towards the door.

“Soojung-ah? It’s me, Son seonsaengnim.” Naeun answered from the outside.

“And me!! Chorong ajumma!” Chorong interrupted.

Soojung’s eyes sparkled as she tiptoed to reach the doorknob. She was very fond of her mom’s best friends.

“Hi Soojung!” Naeun and Chorong greeted. Soojung bowed and grabbed their hands pulling them inside. Both of them giggled and took off their winter boots and walked in. They took off their coats and hung it on the stand. On the same time, Jara had finished getting ready and was on her way down.

“Girls! You’re here!” She beamed, giving them a hug each.

“Hey buddy. Are you going to the mart now?” Naeun asked after she loosened the hug.

“Yes. I’m going to buy some ingredients to make Hoya favourite dish. He longed for it.” she replied.

“Really? You’re a nice wife, Jara. He’s lucky to have a wife like you.” Chorong praised.

“Yeah. I know I’m one.” Jara proudly answered, purposely.

“ Aish, this girl! You shouldn’t praise her next time, Chorong-ah.” Naeun jokingly shook her head. Jara stuck her tongue out. Naeun rolled her eyes. I can’t believe she’s a mom. She’s so immature.

“I think you better go now. Hoya will be back in a few hours right?” Chorong reminded.

“Oh yes! I should go now! Thanks for taking care of Soojung for me.” She kissed her daughter and waved her friends good bye before she grabbed her coat and walked out.

Right after she left, the two ladies turned their attention towards Soojung.

“So, Soojung. What do you want to do today?”

 

-------------------------------

 

Jara got into her car and check her handbag once more.

“Wallet, check! List of things, check! Phone, check! Anything else? Hmm…no. Okay, done!” Satisfied, she started the engine and drove herself towards the mart.

*Fast forward* Arrived at the mart.

She parked her car on the nearest spot that she could find. She get out from the car and locked the door. She took out her checklist and started to scan through it in case she forgot something. She was to focus on the list that she didn’t look in front while walking. Accidentally, she bumped into a person and cause her to stumble backwards. She bit her lips and quickly bowed.

“I’m sorry mister. I’m truly am.” She kept her head low, waiting for the person to forgive her.

“It’s okay.” Jara looked up and saw a young man with red hair smiling at her. She smiled back and bowed for the last time before she continued walking again. This time, her eyes were focused in front.

When she entered the front door she can feel the air conditioner breeze touching her skin. She took a trolley and made her way towards her destination. Shopping mission begins!

 

-------------------------------

 

The two ladies slumped their selves on the couch, tired. They have been playing with the hyper active Soojung only for an hour but they are exhausted. Thank god they managed to make her sleep.

“I think I’m old now. I get tired easily. Don’t you think Naeun?” Chorong turned her head towards Naeun. Naeun slowly nodded her head. She was exhausted.

“Let’s watch the television. A drama will raise our energy back! Believe me.” She reached fore the remote and switch on the television. The channel was currently showing the news.

“Breaking news.” The anchor announced. There’s a big screen beside her that shows a burnt airplane.

“An accident?” Chorong stood straight and fixed her eyes at the screen.

“ An airplane crash happened this morning. Flight 30E which is scheduled to reach South Korea from Singapore suddenly have it’s wings burnt and cause it to lose control.” The screen showed the footage of the airplane crashing into the sea. “Till this moment, no one knew the reason yet. Based on the marine police, it was reported that no one survived from the crash. We’ll moved on to our reporter at the scene. Reporter Lee?” before the announcer finished Naeun switched off the television. Her hands trembled.

“Naeun-ah~ that flight…it’s not Ho-howon’s flight. Right?” Chorong asked, her eyes was getting wet with tears.

“I-I don’t think so. I-I don’t know.” Naeun mumbled as she shook her head.

Suddenly, the both of them heard a loud thud on the floor. No. Please not her. The both of them cautiously turned their head and saw Jara standing still at the door with two plastic bags on the floor. They noticed that she was trembling.

“Jara~”

“Flight 30E? Hoya…oppa?” She whispered. Her head suddenly got dizzy. She stumbled a bit and put her palm on her forehead, trying to figure things out. Unfortunately she failed and collapsed.

“Jara!” she heard her friends shouted her name before everything went black and she completely get unconscious