Memories Back Then ~ Part 3 {Jaebum FF}

K-POP Tumblr Series

You looked at him and placed your hand on your chest feeling your heart race. This boy almost gave you a mini heart attack. 

"You scared me half to death," you exclaimed as you continued to hold your chest. You looked at Jaebum and could see a small smirk appear on his face.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes and you just continued to look at him.

"What are you doing here anyway?" He asks you and you crossed your arms. "I could ask you the same thing," you scolded raising your eyebrows and he chuckles. Did you make some type of joke that you're not aware of?

"Still the same I see," he mumbles and you quickly looked away. You were actually surprised that Jaebum remembers how sassy you used to be...

"I guess," you responded not knowing what else to say and that's when the awkward silence appears yet again.

"But you never answered my question, why are you here alone? at night?" he asks trying to make eye contact with you. You were going to continue avoiding eye contact but eventually, you stopped and just looked at him. "I just needed a walk."

"Where's your date?" he asks you. Why does he care? Why is your date suddenly concerning him?

"What's up with the 21 questions?" you asked and began to walk away knowing Jaebum wasn't going to have an answer for that response.

You honestly weren't expecting him to follow behind you, but all of a sudden this man was full of surprises.

"Hold up," he hollered as he tried to catch up to you and you continued to walk off anyway. Eventually, he ran up to you and stood right in front of you stopping you from walking any farther.

"Can we please talk?" he asks looking at you bringing familiar butterflies you once felt in the past... You missed the way he used to look at you. The way he made you feel so special like you were the only one he loved and cared about. 

But clearly, you weren't his one and only...

"We have nothing to talk about," you answered coldly and he continued to look at you. "Yes we do, please just hear me out and then if you want me out of your life for good, your wish is my command," he says and you sighed. 

You might as well just hear what he has to say. He would probably force you to listen to him anyways. But what is he going to possibly say "It was a mistake, blah blah blah?"

"Fine," you mumbled annoyed and he grabbed your hand and pulled you to a deck that was near the river and stood in front of you. 

"Look, I don't know how to start this... But I can't keep quiet anymore. I miss you. I ed up so bad in past, and you know what I have no excuse for that. I don't even know why I even cheated on you in the first place. I was stupid not being able to see that I had someone so great in my life. I ed up so bad and after that day you haven't been able to leave my mind. I tried to find ways to talk to you but you showed me that you didn't want anything to do with me. I even got to the point where I was over my omma's house in tears and you know I am not the type to cry very easily. But my omma told me to let you go. You deserved to be happy and clearly, I couldn't seem to make you happy. Instead, I caused you pain. So for the past two years, we had our space and you still kept appearing in my mind. Then tonight when I saw you, I felt like this was a message that we are meant to be. I mean I can be wrong but I miss you so much and I can't lie, I've tried giving other girls chances but none of them was anything compared to you." he says and you could see his eyes getting watery.

"Jaebum...." you were about to talk but he cuts you off.

"You meant so much to me and you still do. I want you to forgive me. I want to be able to start all over and have you in my life. But I think I'm a little too late for that... I looked at you at the bowling alley with your date and you seemed perfectly fine like nothing happened between us. Like what we had was nothing to you..." he says and a tear streams down his face.

You felt so bad but he has no idea how much pain he caused you. Here he was thinking you moved on perfectly fine but that wasn't the case. It took you two years to move on! No, you haven't even moved on, here you are watching the guy you love right in front of you cry because of his mistake. You wanted to forgive him so bad but how are you sure that he won't do the same mistake all over again? Where you really willing to feel that same pain you felt when you first caught Jaebum cheating on you? Did Jaebum mean that much to you where you would throw away your pride just to be with him?

"You think moving on was easy? Are you kidding me? The day I walked in on you cheating on me, broke me completely. It made me question everything! I wanted to just run and run far away from you. I have never been in so much pain in my entire life. I felt like I wasn't good enough for you since you clearly had to go cheat on me. I'm sorry I'm not the prettiest girl in your eyes and I am sorry I'm not the smartest and I'm sorry that I wasn't enough to satisfy you. I'm sorry I made you want to cheat but I have feelings. It took me two ing years... Two years to get myself together. For two years I was here thinking about you crying myself to ing sleep. It was hard enough to tell my family that we were done because they ing liked you. Your name seemed to be mentioned so much to the point where it was hard to even forget about you. Then finding out you were in a group was the hardest, especially when I saw you all over my tv and heard your music all over the radios. Yes, it may look like I'm fine but it's called putting a fake smile. I smile even though you caused so much pain in my life. And I blame you, it didn't have to end this way for us but I wasn't enough." you practically shouted and you looked down having tears run down your face. 

Again here you are.. crying because of Jaebum...

He lifted up chin with his finger and looked into your eyes.

"I know I ed up but what else can I do? I'm so sorry. You have no idea what I would do to go back in time and fix everything. No one can ever replace you, no one can make me feel happy like you ever did. But like I said if you want nothing to do with me, I'm okay with it. I mean it will hurt like hell but what can I do...Like you said I did cause you pain..." Jaebum says and you looked away. 

At this point you were confused. What was the point of moving on? He's always going to be in your mind 24/7 no matter how much you try so hard to forget him. But in a way you didn't want to forgive him and let him cheat on you all over again. You already let him past your wall and he betrayed you. Are you willing to forgive him and let him pass your wall again? The wall that you had to rebuild to even trust anyone?

You looked back at Jaebum who was waiting for an answer.

"I need.... time to think," You stuttered and he just nods. "Take all the time you need... please," he says.

You saw him lean in thinking he was about to kiss your lips which causes you to automatically freeze but he kissed your cheek. When you felt his lips on your cheek the feelings of his lips brought back all the happy memories you two once had.

He pulled away and walked off leaving you there alone. What the hell are you going to do?

~

You woke up feeling no motivation for work. Last night as soon as you returned home you basically stayed up thinking whether you should forgive Jaebum or not. As you got ready for work you felt like a blob. He came back into your life wanting your forgiveness and now here you are confused as hell. You looked at yourself in the mirror and can see bags under your eyes. You need to give him an answer soon or this boy will make me forget what the hell sleep is..

~

You worked your shift at work and things were going normally as usual. At one point there was barely customers so you just looked and observed the customers that were around. You noticed one couple who were sitting right in front of each other and laughing bringing back memories of Jaebum and you.

"What kind of name is Teavana Shaken Iced Passion Tango Tea?" Jaebum questions as he continues to laugh as you took a sip of your drink.

"Don't judge the poor drink, it hasn't done anything to you," you defended your drink as you pouted causing him to giggle. "I'm sorry, the name is just..." he stops and tries to think of a word. 

"Unique?" you asked and he nodded. "Just try some, the name might be funky but the drink is to die for," you offered putting the drink right in front of him.

"Ah no thanks, I'll stick to my Iced Caramel Macchiato," he says pointing at his drink. "Hater," you said playfully rolling your eyes. 

"To your fruity cheesy drink name, maybe," he says and you both began to giggle. "Just please try some," you offered again as you pouted staring at him. He continued to look at you with a serious face until finally, he gives in. 

"Fine, fine fine," he says as he puts his drink down. He grabs a hold of your drink and looks at it as if it was going to kill him. 

"WAIT! Drum roll!" you said excitedly and began to tap the table. He laughed at how you were reacting and at last took a sip. You began to focus on his reaction and his eyes widen. 

"Woah, this is good," he says and you smiled. "Told you!" you shouted and you tried to grab your drink back but began to see Jaebum drinking more than your originally planned. 

"May I have my drink back?" you asked babbling your eyelashes and he smiled and shook his head no still drinking your drink. 

You got up and walked over to him and tried to tickle him. He hated being tickled. He put your drink down and just as you thought you could get a hold of it, he pulls you onto his lap and holds your waist and looks at you.

"Babe, if you just wanted to sit on my lap all you had to do was ask," he says smirking and you rolled your eyes and giggled. "You're annoying sometimes," you said and you softly placed your hand on his cheek and pulled him into a kiss.

You smiled to yourself. You had more good memories than bad with that boy. You guys treated each other like best friends but also as lovers. You looked at your phone hoping he would text you at least once but nope... nothing.

What are you going to do? You looked at the couple and then looked back at your phone... Have you finally made up your mind?

~