Memories Back Then ~ Part 2 {Jaebum FF}

K-POP Tumblr Series

You sat on the bench waiting for your date and bumped your head to the music. You were so caught up with the music you didn't even care about who was around you.

"Y/N?" you turned around and met eyes with a pair of familiar eyes...

Jaebum...

~

You were honestly in complete shock to see Jaebum right in front of you. What was he even doing here? Shouldn't he be touring? Shouldn't he be doing Idol things? You quickly stood up and looked at him feeling completely speechless. You haven't seen Jaebum after the incident. You wanted to ignore him and just leave, but what you two had was the past and it was put behind you. You matured and you knew trying to avoid him forever wouldn't solve anything.

"Hey Jaebum, long time no see," you giggled cheerfully as you forced a smile on your face avoid him seeing the pain he caused.

"Yeah, you look great," he awkwardly points out as he gives a small smile.

This was probably the awkwardest situation you have ever been in.

"Thanks, you too," You responded as you awkward smiled.

That awkward silence occurred and now the two of you were right in front of each other not saying a word.

"How have you been?" Jaebum asks looking into your eyes.

When you made eye contact with Jaebum the memory of that night began to appear in your head. To avoid the memory of that night, you looked away avoiding eye contact.

"I've been great, been getting my life together you?" you asked still smiling.

"I've been good too, I don't know if you heard but I'm actually in a group now," he says and you pretended as if you haven't heard about it. But only because you didn't want to show that you still cared.

"Oh really? that's great," you responded as you pretended to be amazed. You were proud but was it worth showing it?

"Look Y/N about what happened t-" before he could finish you felt an arm around your waist and you looked next to you and your date was back from his bathroom break. 

He stopped talking and kept looking at your date and back at you. Now, this just got more awkward...

"Jaebum I would like you to meet my date, Dean... Dean I would like you to meet an old friend of mine," you said as you introduced your date and Jaebum to each other.

You looked back at Jaebum and you could tell he was totally taken back that you called him an old friend and not your ex.

"Nice to meet you," Dean says as he pulls out his hand going in for a proper handshake. Jaebum looked at Dean's hand and you could tell he wanted to say something but instead, he stayed quiet and shook your date's hand.

"Nice to meet you too," he responds back and you smiled. At least Jaebum was acting mature about the situation, after all, he wasn't able to say anything about you dating again..You two weren't even together. It was time to move on. 

The awkward silence appeared again and the three of you stood there just staring at each other.

"Well I should start heading back to my friends... it was nice seeing you again," Jaebum says as he looked directly at you. You looked at how hurt he sort of looked but it wasn't your fault. If he didn't cheat on you in the first place you two could've still been together.

"You too," you responded and you watched him walk away from you and walk over to his friends.

You continued your date with Dean but you were sort of out it. How were you supposed to feel now that you saw Jaebum after a long time or what felt like a long time... You obviously missed him... Dean luckily couldn't notice the change in your mood.

You couldn't help but to glance at Jaebum and watched him sit on the bench as he blankly looked at his friends bowling in front of him.

It didn't have to end this way...

~~~~~

Dean walked you home and you two were now standing at your front steps. You had a good time with him. Dean did bring your butterflies when he touched you and he did make you smile. But in a way you didn't want to lead him on, especially when here you are missing someone else..You were standing in front of Dean and he looked at you as if you were such a valuable prize.

He looked at you like Jaebum looked at you once upon a time...

"I had fun tonight," Dean says as he smiles and you smiled in return.

"I did too," you responded and you could sense a kiss slowly approaching. You noticed Dean looking right at you and then looking down your lips.He leaned in for a kiss but you couldn't kiss him. You turned your head making him kiss your cheek instead of your lips.

You looked back at Dean and you could tell he was kind of disappointed.

"I'm sorry," was all you could say and he just nodded.

"It's okay," he says as he forced a smile and he walks off leaving you there standing alone.

You opened your front door and walked in feeling annoyed with yourself.

How the hell does Jaebum have such a huge impact on you? You leaned against your door and closed your eyes. You took a deep breath and opened your eyes. Stay strong you kept repeating in your head over and over. You walked to your bedroom and the first thing you did was go straight to your photo album and turned to the last page where you had a picture of Jaebum and you.

You were at a family cookout and invited Jaebum along. That was the best day of your life.

"Babe! Don't worry my family will absolutely love you!" You encouraged Jaebum as you wrapped your arms around his neck and he looked at you. "I hope so, I need to make a good impression if I'm going to be part of your family," he says causing a warm feeling rush through you.

"Don't worry, believe me, if I love you they will too." You said as you let go of him and you grabbed his hand intertwining fingers and opened the front door to your mother house.

You could hear music playing in the back and you looked at Jaebum who was completely nervous. You giggled at the sight of him and watched him smile as he seen you make fun of him. You walked to your backyard and found most of your family members already there. They were all scattered all around like a group of ants.

You walked in and already had family members hugging you and excited to see you. You successfully introduced your boyfriend Jaebum and they all loved him. It wasn't hard for him. As soon you mentioned he was your boyfriend, they took one good look at him and embraced him in a hug. It was time for him to meet your mother. You were even nervous to introduce him to her. You walked up to her and hugged her right away. You talked and then finally introduced Jaebum to mama bear.

"Mom, I would like you to meet Jaebum, my boyfriend," you stated as you glanced at Jaebum who was nervously smiling.

"Ah you're the boy my daughter won't stop talking about," your mother blurts out and your eyes widen and you were so quick to groan and turn a light shade of pink.

"Mom can't you keep some things personal," you mumbled giving her a glare causing Jaebum and her to chuckle.

They both began to talk and they hit it off perfectly fine. The cookout went on and you ate and bonded with family and danced.

You looked down at the picture and it was Jaebum and you dancing, you had your arms around his neck as he had his arms around your waist. The two of you had your foreheads resting on each other and you both were looking at each other smiling.

You wish you could go back...

You never had the gut to grab the picture and rip it. As stupid as it might sound, you wanted to remember your first love, no matter how much he hurt you. A tear escaped from your eye and you quickly wiped it away and closed your album book.Maybe you just need a walk to get your mind off of Jaebum. You got up and left your house.

At this point, you didn't care what time it was.

~
Your Point of View

You arrived at a park that you always walked to when you were upset. The view was beautiful. There was a river that was so calming and it just helped you relax. You walked up to a random spot on the grass and took a seat looking at the river flow. As stupid as it sounds, looking at the river erases all your thoughts at the moment and makes you think of the future. Everything will be okay... This is all just a learning experience, right?

You sighed and looked down. Why did everything have to end so badly? Why did Jaebum have to cheat on you? Did you not satisfy him? Why did he have to come back into your life just when you thought you finally moved on? You let a tear stream down your cheek and you didn't bother wiping it away. You were so caught up in your emotions you were distracted till you suddenly began to hear a noise behind you. You looked back and your first reaction was to get up. You stood up and looked around. You see a body figure near a tree looking right at you and your heart slowly begins to race. Your first instinct was to walk away now. You backed up and then turned around and began to walk away as fast as you can.You panicked and began to run as negative thoughts appeared in your mind. Eventually, you hid behind a tree after a while trying to catch your breath and the next thing you know you felt someone grab your arm. You looked up and was about to scream till the person cover your mouth.

"(Y/N) it's me," Jaebum says as you finally got a closer look at him.

And again the two of you meet...

~