Common thoughts

Gone

They both feel like dead and are sweaty, Seulgi came last night after they saw the guy. Nobody slept, the cops found some prints. Sehun was expecting for them to find evidence of a tent and other hints that it had been campers. None of that happend. The prints ended at some point to west side of the land. Since even Jongkook knew who she was because of Chanyeols case, he took the liberty to tell her that he had been feeling watched for some time, as if there was somebody outside, in the back of the house looking in. The both of them told her about Jongkook leaving the house and hearing steps that later he thought belonged to their dog, now they were doubting. 

Sehun decided that he would install security cameras all over the perimeter, but, for now Jongkook is gonna have to go with Taehyung or Taehyung come to the house or something cause theres no way in hell Sehun is gonna leave him alone in that house with some creep outside.

___________

To be honest, 16 year old Zhang Yixing was not expecting to take over his familys business even if he had been told since birth that he was gonna have to. Nevertheless, Yixing, at 16 years of age, was happy to travel to Korea and take place at the International Korean Academy's Summer Art Programme. His host brother (?) was a smiley kid, kind looking, Kim Suho. He went to the airport to look for him and made his absolut best to speak mandarin, Yixing would admit that he was good at it. They bonded of course, Suho was as rich as himself, he lived in a huge house outside Seoul, Yixing had his own room that resembled a small apartment, with kitchen and personal bathroom. Even though they shared a schedule, Yixing really didnt hit it of with Suho, he did made a friendship with another, more talented, kid, Kim Jongdae. Jongdae was in the only lesson that Suho wasnt in and was his only friend there. Yixing loved him from the get go, they were too dumb to become boyfriends but they never forgot eachother. Thats why, maybe because they wished for it so hard, they crossed paths years later in another academy when Yixing took a semester at the Seoul Arts Academy. Yixing was a diferent person then and so was Jongdae, their attraction showed immediately just that now they knew what to do with it.

Jongdae assured music and art in Yixings life, his presence in his life helped him accept his fate as the head of the family business. Of course, Jongdae also gave him a family, loyalty and everlasting love, a love that Yixing misses every day, a love that he swore to protect but couldnt so far. 

He is back to Beijing and he is going crazy. A phone call saves him from a boring meeting.

"Yes?"

"Im so sorry to bother you mister Zhang, its detective Kang"

"Yes, something happend?"

"We are still following leads..uhm...I, we talked about the high school reunion right? But I wanted to talk about the school, uhm, I understand that you met at school", Yixing sighs angrily at the other side of the line.

"What does it have....", he takes a deep breath, "We met at his highschool, when we were 15 or 16, thats the first time I went to Korea as an exchange student, later we met by coincidence at university in the Seoul Academy", theres a silence.

"By any chance, have you ever met Byun Baekhyun?", she holds her breath.

"Boixian...? Im sorry, there was a famous student that was like an example for all the singing students, I think it was that person....I knew who he was, like everybody else, but never met him. I mostly hang out with Zhonda and our friends, the ones youve met".

___________

"What the is going on?"

"You said you didnt know Zhang"

"I didnt...I mean now I do. What is going on?"

"Sorry for the tone oppa...is just that we learnt that Zhang Yixing met Kim Jongdae at your school so we wanted to..."

"What? I never saw Zhang Yixing in my life. When did he attend the school, its ridiculous, arent we the same age?"

"Exactly yes hyung"

"He went there for a summer programe"

"I didnt have anything to do with the summer programs, I took summer programs myself, they were called part time jobs at the fish market", both detectives sigh.

"Can we talk about this?", Yoongi says, Joonmyeon nods. "How was it possible for you to go to that school?"

"I got a scholarship of course, thats why I didnt have much access to anything that the 'cool' kids did. I mainly cleaned the cafeteria with the other scholars, my biggest achievement was to be in charge of Kim Jongdaes class room. The rich kids could smell the pour ones and didnt get any closer to us".

______________

"He is hidding something", Seulgi says as soon as they exit Joonmyeons office.

"I know, but what? and why? Im pretty sure that Byun Baekhyun has seen him around here and they obviously dont know eachother...or"

"We never looked up into Byuns life, we actually dont know anything about him..."

"His relationship with Chanyeol was very recent for him to have any involvement...or thats what Missing People thought"

"We also never really looked into the journalist...I mean what happend the other day at his house, he is friends with Baekhyun..."

"Yeah, but how did they met?"

"I guess Sehuns boyfriend, Jeon Jongkook, introduced them"

"And who the is Jeon Jongkook?", Seulgi nods. "Theres something odd in here", Yoongi gets a paper and a pen, the paper is the chart of relationships that  Sehun made. "Look at this", he says. "Here is Oh Sehun and Park Chanyeol, theyve known eachother for ages. Suddenly they come across Jeon Jongkook, who introduces Chanyeol to his friend Byun Baekhyun, a complete stranger to Oh and Park"

"But Jeon and Oh had been together for a long time"

"Yes, but not longer than Park and Oh"

"But what did Park do wrong?"

"Or Byun?"

"Then we have the schools", Seulgi points.

"Its the same", Yoongi says. "Theres a couple, a pair of people who have known eachother for years: Zhang and Kim. Then, out of nowhere again, theres Byun Baekhyun, whom Zhang met by reputation", they stop to think for a short while.

"But do you see something here?", she lowers her voice. "The one person who knows them all, from afar or closer, from the past or the present, is Kim Joonmyeon", they both turn to look in the direction of Joonmyeons office.

_______________

"Thank you for recieving us miss Kim", Yoongi says as he sits in the white room that Kim Jisoo has for an office.

"What can I do for you?"

"We understand that you went to school with mister Kim Jongdae and Officer Kim Joonmyeon"

"Joonmyeon? A cop?", she sounds surprised.

"Didnt he called you to arrange this meeting?"

"No, a woman saying that she was from the Seoul Metro Polices Communication Department did. Joonmyeon is an actual cop?", the detectives nod while she shakes her head. "Life has been hard I guess", she says while sipping her water.

"Hard how?"

"He was one of the most wealthy children at the Academy, his family lost it all, I never heard of them again. Everybody said that universities from all over the world were waiting for him. Honestly, I thought that he took one of those scholarships", the detectives share looks.

"Who was Kim Jongdae at the school?", Seulgi asks.

"He was one of the kings of the school. He hated the attention, but his brother had them all at his feet, nobody would touch Jongdae", she smiles.

"Were Joonmyeon and Jongdae friends?", Seulgi says afarid of the answer.

"Nah, Jongdae kept to himself and Joonmyeon acted as if people needed to be close to him, not the other way around. I dont remember seing them together, like ever".

So thats what he was hidding. Kang and Min would like to think that Joonmyeon doesnt want to talk about his family falling in disgrace rather than thinking that he doesnt want to talk about commiting kidnapping and possible murder. They will have to ask him in depth and he is gonna have to answer, they are gonna have to tell Kim Seokjin...it wont be nice.

_________________

"Hey hyung!", Taehyung waves his arm in the air until the hyung sees him.

"Tae tae, what are you doing here?", Kyungsoo asks.

"Well, its a wonderfull summer night and I thought: 'It would be great to spend it with my favourite hyung'", he smiles and gets a smile back.

"Mhm...what does your brother think about this statement"

"The same"

It has been happening for some time now, nobody knows. Taehyung hasnt tell anybody that when he gets lost from everybodys GPS he is spending time under or inbetween the sheet of Kyungsoos bed. He hasnt told anybody that his heart races when Kyungsoo texts him, that he wants to take this relationship out of the bedroom...not even Kyungsoo.