Out of sight

Gone

"So? Do you have anything?"

"Yes, his name is Li Jiahen, other aliases include Kris Wu and Kevin Li, I don't even know, his mother remarried or something. He is a kind of corporate spy? People won't admit they know him and frankly, I'm not about to start a diplomatic issue between Korea and China. I don't know what is he doing here, for who he is working", he sighs. "What's going on?"

"What's going on? You know the same as me"

"Why are you so upset?"

"He is a P.I isn't he?"

"Yes"

"Do you think its a coincidence that a P.I from China suddenly appears at Byun Baekhyun side? Like for no reason?"

"He is also an ex, right? Maybe, just maybe he is back for personal reasons"

"Ok, cool, so personal reasons. Do you think that you are a P.I, a really well-known one and you won't offer your services to your good friend, your university sweetheart? He will be trouble sooner or later", he hangs up.

-------------------------------------

"When were you going to tell us about this person?"

"Never, I knew you would react like this. Why did mom follow me...you guys are sooo annoying", she huffs and puffs.

"Because she is your mother and you were hiding things from her"

"...And I didn't like what I found out", Jimin says.

"I don't care, you don't know him", Yeri says. Yoongi is trying not to snap at his teenage volatile daughter.

"Then bring him here, we want to know him", Yoongi says firmly.

"It's my life!"

"YOU are our life! You are a minor and you will bring this person here or you won't see him again", she looks like she is about to cry. "Tell me his name", he demands.

"No, because you will spy on him.."

"Heck yes! He is dating my daughter and your mother says that he looks older", Jimin nods.

"He loves me!"

"So he is older. Do you know you can get a person in real trouble by being this irresponsible?", Yoongi is trying to reason with her but the headache already started.

----------------------------------

"Oh, Oppa. Do you need anything?", officer Kang is finishing some paperwork when Kim Jonmyeon comes in the detectives' office.

"No, nothing", he answers with a smile. "I miss this place sometimes, the rush, the brainstorming", he smiles as he walks around Seulgi and Yoongi's board filled with the Zhan Kim case, the paper gets his attention. "Is this about the Park case?", he asks honestly.

"Uhm, yeah. Your friend, Oh Sehun, made it...and gave it to Min Yoongi, we want to keep our options open", Joonmyeon regards the papers and seems to think hard about it. "Do you see anything...?"

"No. I just haven't noticed how they could be connected...I mean yeah, Sehun talked about the notes that were left on the scenes.....", he shakes his head a little. "Is this legal?"

"Well, he hasn't done anything illegal, except...thinking... Nobody has told us that he is asking around or harassing people", Seulgi answers with humor. 

Joonmyeon leaves.

----------------------------------------

"Oppa", she is crying and sounding crazy. "My parents found out, my dad says he wants to meet you...I hate them!", Min Yeri scream/cries.

"Don't worry my love, things will work out. I'll meet him, don't be afraid", he answers calmly.

"Really?", she snorts.

"You can tell them to put a date".

"I love you Oppa".

---------------------------------

"Oppa?", 

"Seulgi, sorry to bother you so late...", he sighs. "My daughter has a boyfriend".

"I see", she wants to snort and laugh on his face. "Tell me the name". This is probably not legal, or professional, but be honest: wouldn't you do it if you were a detective? yes, it, Yoongi had the entirety of the school faculty checked by police engines, he found some shady things and fixed them.

"Do Suho"

------------------------------

Do Suho doesn't appear, he doesn't exist, he is nowhere to be found. Well yes, there are some Kim Suhos, they are in senior care facilities or in jail, none of them look like what Jimin said he sort-of looked like. This is strange. 

They met online and guess what? After another introduction to an almost third World War, Yeri told Yoongi how they met. Now, take another guess: the IP of the chat account that he uses bounces all over the world. Do you know who does that? Nobody good! There are no photos except some odd shots of a window, with a caption about breakfast and other things, other generic things: a stray cat, an umbrella on the floor of a small park...all of which could be anywhere from Seoul to Paris.

Yoongi goes back to his house and with his wife, tries to talk some sense into Yeri again, even if she is again screaming at them. But in her effort to make her parents believe that Suho is a good person, she tells them where he works and where he lives. 

A call to Seulgi is all it takes to confirm that nobody by that name ever lived there and that nobody at that bookstore knows any Kim Suho.

---------------------

"Oppa", she is crying on the phone again. "What is going on? I don't understand....my dad says you don't work at the store and you don't live where you told me. Please, please Oppa come home and tell them that they are wrong", she sobs and that's how she ends her audio note to her boyfriend.

"Everything will work out my dear. Soon", that's his answer.