You can see my halo

Gone

Baekhyun looks at his little brother crack another joke. Taehyung has always been funny, bright, smiley, cute, Baekhyun had adored him from the moment his step dad came into his room to tell him and Baekboom that they were going to have a new brother. They, the five of them, had a very nice family life, his step dad never made differences between them, Baekhyun never felt like Taehyung was more of his fathers son than himself, his older brother looked up to the man. They didnt share the same last name, but they shared everything else, and Baekhyun sometimes suspects that without his brothers humor and innocence he wouldntve been able to even go through this moment. 

Kyungsoo is also there with them, he is his old roommate, he left when Taehyung came to Seoul. He has also been a pillar in his life. Kyungsoo was the first person that knew that Baekhyun had feelings for Chanyeol and had encouraged him to come forward and ask him out. Baekhyun was tired of bad guys and terrible relationships, so having feelings for a completly new guy freaked him out but Kyungsoo had told him that it was ok, that he had come back from every bad experience anyway, that Chanyeol seemed genuine and nice. 

It took one night for Baekhyun to fall head over heels for Chanyeol, the man spoke well and sounded as if he had all in his life figured out, exactly what Baekhyun was looking for. Chanyeol was a music producer, was tall like a model and sweet like a Teddy Bear. There was a protective aura to him that told Baekhyun that he would be a good father, in fact Chanyeol had confess to him that he wanted to have a family of his own one day, that he had research about adoptions overseas and locally, that he didnt care if he had to live with his partners parents. He wanted a family, the family that he lost when he came out of the closet, Baekhyun had wanted to give that to him after the first night they met.

When the police called him to tell him that theyve found Chanyeols car and a letter, Baekhyun couldnt understand what was going on nor what they ment, what it all ment. Then he watched as the police seemed to forget about the case, they all seem to agreed that Chanyeol just left his life and that was it. Many times he spent nights and days thinking about what couldve happend, who couldve taking him, why. He never told anybody this, partly because he doesnt like the looks of pitty that he gets sometimes, but he feels that someone is holding a secret, that someone knows something more regarding Chanyeol, something that they are not telling. He sees it on Jongkooks look (Joongkook, whom he knows since he was a child), he sees it on Sehuns look and he even sees it on Taehyung eyes; he sometimes think that they actually know that Chanyeol left because of him and dont want to tell him to his face. 

Now, lately, the feeling has changed. Theres another feeling, an experience that has return: see, when Chanyeol just left, Baekhyun used to see him everywhere, like his head among a crowd, his voice among the voices in the subway, his shadow disappearing behind a wall. He read somewhere that it was a common occurrance among people who were traumatized by the disappearing of loved ones. Now is diferent though, now is not Chanyeol, is not someone recognisable, Baekhyun feels that he is beeing watched. When he comes out of work, when he walks around his work place to the store, sometimes even when he is opening the door to his apartment, when he is in his apartments hall. He had made a test several times, he goes home, stops at the door and then walks away to somewhere, then goes back and he can swear that there are eyes on the back of his head.

_________

Sehun is at the room again, he is sure that there must be a mistake, that theres a person or people who did this or the police, made a mistake and that mistake is like a cork blocking the truth from coming out. He is also sure that the music academy has something to do. Plus Baekhyun told him that they questioned him about another academy, the actual high school that Kim Jongdae went to. All of this led Sehun to wonder something that hurts him, to wonder how much does he know Byun Baekhyun. Sigh...

"Hyung...you cant live like this...you need to sleep", Jongkook sighs sleeply.

"Ill be there in a moment"

"No you wont. But whatever... you know what? At some point you are gonna have to move on", he says and starts to walk away.

"How can you say that? Dont you care about Hyung?"

"Yes I do! But weve done all we can, youve done all you can...what else do you want?!"

"They are not looking for them! Dont you see?! They just stoped looking", here he is yelling again.

"Maybe he doesnt want to be found. Havent you ever thought about it!?", he yells back his true thoughts.

"And why would that be? Huh? Why wouldve he just leave!"

"I dont know! But the point is that he is not here, its been months and he is not here! This quest of yours havent work either! So its time to ing move on! You are here, we are here! You cant leave also!"

"What are you even talking about?! It couldve been you! Did you ever think about that?! You were with him minutes before he vanished, they couldve taken you instead!"

"Of course I know that! Im not stupid! Sometimes I wish they wouldve taken me, sometimes I think that You wish it wouldve been me!", he said and left Sehun frozen in the room.

________

Its an impulse really, he is tired and on the edge, he really is tired of having to walk on egg shells around Sehun, tired of Chanyeol not appearing, just tired. So after the argument he just opened the door of his house and walked out, into the darkeness of the night, to the small woods around his house. 

He remembers you know? He knows it could have been him, he knows more than anybody because Chanyeol offered to give him a ride that he refused, if he had said yes the police would be looking for the both of them, or maybe he wouldnt even be alive now. He remembers beeing scare of the situation and he remembers how Sehun practically pushed him inside the police office to make a statement, how Sehun was so eager to make him tell them everything he knew in detail. He was tired and scare, he couldnt understand anything, where was Chanyeol, why wasnt he here, why they needed the police involved. When he came out Sehun was there as well to ask him what they asked and what were his answers. Sehun never asked how was he feeling, what was he thinking...it was all Chanyeol, he understood for a few days, but its been months and everything is still about Chanyeol.

He sighs deeply and stops to realise that he is in the woods, that he had walk far from home, far enough to not see the lights anymore. He felt even more tired and then he remembered that there was something in the woods waiting for him. He had his phone on him so that was a plus, he heard the sound of the river and he couldnt believe that he had walk that far, afew more steps and he was standing alone, under the light of the moon, by the river. He turned around to see his around him: nothing.

He promised himself some time ago that he was gonna be there for Sehun, that the tragedy was not gonna destroy them. He regreted leaving the house that moment. His phone vibrated on his pocket and almost killed him. 

"Jongkook, what the hell, where are you?"

"Im in...", he looks around again. "Im in the river, Im not su", he stops cause he heard footsteps on the leaves of the forrest.

"Kookie"

"Im near the corner of the house, the mansion...Hyung...", then he starts to whisper, "Im not alone".

"What are you saying? Ill be there in a sec...baby dont hang up" 

"Mister Kim is that you?", Sehun moves around the house looking for a flashlight. Jongkook hears the branches under somebodys feet, and after holding his breath while fearing for his life.

"Kookie!"

"Omg!"

"What?!"

"Its Prince!", Prince as in their Golden Retriever. "You followed me baby mhm?", Sehun can hear the dog. "Hyung, are you comming? Dont, I know where I am now, lets meet on the back trail"

___________

They walk home holding hands and with their dog jumping in front of them, they dont say anything to eachother, just enjoying the night and the wet brize around them.

Once at home Sehun holds Jongkook for a long time and apologizes to his boyfriend.

"You wanna know why I investigate and get obsseses with this? Well beside the fact that I want my friend back... Is because I cant stop thinking that whoever took him, saw you and I dont know if they would also come for you. I want whoever did this behind bars so that they cant my life any longer. Im so sorry baby", Jongkook hugs tighter. Sehun can see their living room from above Jongkooks head and their front door is open, didnt he went out through the back kitchen door?

"Look at that, you crazy kid, you let the door open", he teases his boyfriend sweetly.

"No I went out through the babies room", yes the dogs room connects with the tub room which has a door to the backyard. Sehun looks at Jongkook back and can see how his faces changes back to this scare/worried look that he has most of the time. They hold hands again as Sehun walks to the door to close it and lock it. Then he decides to turn on all the lights of the front yard, the ones of the back too. Jongkook calls the dogs but only two come, Vivi and Prince. 

"Jjang!", Jongkook calls again, Jjang is an old small dog he doesnt move that much and mostly stays inside. Jongkook goes to the dogs room to find that the door is actually completly open, Jongkook frozes. Sehun is trying his best to not freak out and come up with a logical explanation for this. 

"Aish, were you that angry?", he walks past Jongkook and finds the dog one step away from the door just sitting and looking at the door of the tub room. Sehun turns the light on to get a better look, theres nothing, no one, the door that leads to the outside is closed. Sehun is acting like he is brushing everything off, Jongkook seemed to relax more because of this attitude. 

The night went on as usual: Jongkook served the dogs cleaned water, they locked everything and Sehun, low key, left the light of the back of the house on. He chatted Jongkook to sleep, kissed him, tried to take the edge of creepiness off the room. Jongkook fell asleep peaccefully, Sehun knows that Jongkook depends on him that much, that he trusts him this much, their simbiosis is a very real thing.

Its the in the morning and Sehun feels something brushing past his face, his half awake brain tells him thats a mosquito, so he moves one arm over himself but the thing comes back, that makes him open his eyes. Is not a bug, its a halo of light, like a flashlight light and is coming from the front of the house, the side thats dark. What the , Sehun is fully awake now and checks on his boyfriend who is totally asleep by his side, breathing normally. There are two windows on their bedroom, one points to the front of the house, its above the porch, the other is acroos from their bed and points to the side of the house, Sehun follows the light with his eyes. Then he stands up and tip toes to the bathroom where theres a small window from where he might be able to spy. Then he sees him, its a person, dress in dark clothes. The guy walks to the back of the house and Sehun fears, but he also expects the dogs to go crazy, they dont and that scares him even more. He goes to wake Jongkook up.

As soon as they put a foot out of their room they could see the flashlight halo dancing around their house. Jongkooks hand is shaking on Sehuns, from where they are, they cant be seing, so Sehun takes the iniciative and turns the light of the livingroom on and yells: "Get the out of my propierty, the Police is coming!".