Sounds outside

Gone

Since she only teaches in the morning, Jimin, Yoongis wife, has time to do her chores properly. She is cleaning or trying to clean Yeris room because God knows that the girl lies every time she says she is cleaning it or putting some order in there. 

Her mother instints go on as soon as she spots some cosmetic store bags, maybe too many bags. They come from no good cause theyre all hidden on the back of the girls closet. Once the mother gets into the closet she finds more things, stuffed animals, cute key chains, cards, cinema tickets. She feels like for doing this to her daughter, she also feels kind of betrayed because she thought that once these kind of things happen Yeri would trust her. Who is this boyfriend? Sigh. Kids these days.

_________

"What do you recommend? Weve never had troubles with her...I mean, she has temper tantrums every now and then...aish", Hope Kim smiles.

"I understand you. I think you can go one of two ways: either you confront her about this or you wait for her to come to you".

"I fear that if I ask her, she will just lie and hide even more...and also, I fear that this boy might not be the right one since she is hidding him..."

"Maybe is because of Yoongi oppa. I have a cop husband too and daughters, they all are 'carefull' around him". Maybe Jimin is worrying over nothing.

___________

"Mister Byun. Thank you for coming over", Seulgi says as she extends her hand for Baekhyun.

"Its ok. Did you find anything related to Chanyeol?", the detectives share looks.

"Actually this is about Kim Jongdae...Have you heard about the case?", Seulgi explains politely.

"So after filing away Chanyeols case and never contacting me again, you call me for the case of some super famous millionaire. Got it. And yes, Ive heard of the case", he is right.

"Weve just learnt that you and him, possibly, went to the same arts academy"

"Its wrong. I dont remember anybody by that name there"

"Have you got any relatioship with the Internacional Korean Academy?"

"The high school for rich kids?", the cops nod. "I worked there for a summer, like fifteen years ago", the officers share looks.

"Worked how?"

"They had a summer programme for kids, regarding arts. Ive always studied singing, thats what I did back then and babysat kids"

"You never met Kim Jongdae nor his family?"

"As far as I know, as far  as I remember, I dont know anybody by that name"

"Who hired you?"

"I was sixteen years old. I dont remember, an adult I guess. Does this have anything to do with Chanyeol?"

"Well...It could be a coincidence...but the only person that relates Chanyeol and Jongdae is you: you were Chanyeols partner and you worked at Jongdaes highschool"

"I wasnt the only one, I hope you know that"

"Do you remember other names?"

"No, but I remember that I found out about it through a flyer, so Im sure I wasnt the only one that answered the add"

____________

"What were you doing when they took you?"

"I was with my best friends boyfriend...we parted ways after having coffee. I still remember his sweet face"

"Did they tell you why?"

"Theyve said the same, he said the same thing that he said to you. He literally just taught me how to get the food. Never touched one hair of my head, never talked to me, never let me see the light of day"

The idea of not seing his kids and the rest of his family is terrifying. He just got his baby, he doesnt want to cry, but he couldnt help the change on the rythm of his breathing. 

"What is it?", Chanyeol asks.

"I just got a baby....I would like to see him again"

"You will, we will see our families and survive these bastards"

"Is not only one?"

"Nah. At least once I heard another one. Sometimes I can hear more than a set of steps around. Do you have any idea of why they brought you?"

"Cause Im rich?"

"Im broke as "

"What the ...I was going to a highschool reunion organization"

"What high school?"

"Korea International Academy"

"Holly , you are rich"

"Yeah"

______________

Suddenly Jongkooks eyes fly open. He doesnt know if its a dream or if he actually heard like foot steps downstairs. He turns slowlly and sees Sehun passed out, seems like he heard nothing. He is scare but he sits up and walks out of the room, checks the dogs room (they are sleeping). Finally he enters the kitchen and finds the culprit. Its Dashi, their cat, the kitchen window is a bit open and she let herself in. Jongkook sighs and goes to grab her, kisses her head and to scratch her tummy. However, as soon as he picks through the window to close it, the feeling is there again, like someone is out there watching him from afar. He is afraid to look beyond their backyard, he just takes the animal and power walks back to his room. Is hot and suffocating but he needs to hide in Sehuns arms, chest, body, he doesnt care for the stickyness. Sehun stirrs a little and opens his arms to fit Jongkook and the cat over him. 

Jongkook stays awake until Sehuns alarm goes off. He just stays there listening to the sound of cicadas and his boyfriends breathing....and the sound of something else, something that he doesnt dare to listen.