Parallel thinking

Gone

Baekhyun feels somewhat like he is blushing and then he feels guilty for blushing, feels guilty that he thinks Kris is handsome, maybe more than handsome and his university sweetheart, his ex. Kris keeps talking about his life and the reasons why he is back in Korea. He asks "What about you?", and that's when Baekhyun's smile falters a little. Maybe Kris is making him feel comfortable and nostalgic, so he sighs and speaks.

"I was in a relationship, we were happy. He was kidnapped", Kris almost chokes because he is a good actor like that.

"Did he....", Baekhyun shakes his head "no". "Is rare in Korea..."

"They are still looking for him, maybe...Anyway, it has been a nightmare ever since".

"I'm sorry to hear that", Baekhyun smiles bitterly. Kris sips on his drink. "So is Kyungsoo still around?", he wants to change the subject.

"Yes, I don't think I could've done it without him...always there", he smiles sweetly. Kris cringes, Baekhyun notices. "You never liked him".

"Well, it was mutual. I thought the kind of relationship that you had was not...that good".

"Chanyeol loved Kyungsoo too", he smiles fondly. "They got along so well. Do you know? You weren't the only one of my boyfriends that didn't like him, until Chanyeol - ah".

"How...I mean if you want to tell me...How did it happen? How was....the....". Baekhyun takes a deep breath, today he is in the mood to talk.

"The day started as usual, he hadn't slept at home that time cause he had to help Jongkook, his best friend's boyfriend", Kris writes down the name in his head. 

"Who is his best friend? I mean, you know his circle well"

"Yeah, his best friend´s boyfriend is my brother´s best friend. I've known Jongkook since he was at elementary school with my brother. Sehun, his best friend is a good kid, a journalist, I'm sure he is still looking for Chanyeol. I mean we all are, I could say", Kris nods and keeps trying to remember. "Anyway, in the afternoon he went with Jongkook to the university because they had to move some equipment and Chanyeol was the only car available. I don't know the timing of his day, I just talk to him through KaTalk the whole day", he grabs his phone and when he is about to show them to Kris, he hesitates. "I'm sorry this is all so sad and gloomy...".

"No, it's ok. Show me I don't mind", so Baekhyun does.

The messages are normal, a little childish, Kris can see why Baekhyun would fall in love with Chanyeol. He is a romantic, he calls Baekhyun sweet names, he had sent a picture of his lunch, a picture with Jongkook. A lovesick puppy, sweet. What happened is a shame and a tragedy. Kris feels for Baekhyun.

"Jongkook was the last person to see him alive, he said goodbye to him that night after they had a drink. He said that Chanyeol just walked to his car and waved goodbye. He was never able to tell if there was someone around. It was a rainy day, he stayed at the bar, went back inside fast"

"He declared this to the police?"

"Yes he did"

"He didn't have an ex or anything like that?"

"A crazy ex you mean?", Baekhyun smiles.

"Yeah, I guess"

"No, but...there's been a case in Korea about a Chinese...well, he is Korean as well but he is married to a Chinese and lives in China, he was kidnapped here and the police seems to have a clue and a link maybe, I don't know, with Chanyeol, with me, with the Academy. But I can't remember him, his Korean name is Jongdae, Kim Jongdae".

"I see. Baekhyun, I'm gonna have to blow my cover", he smiles mysteriously. "You know why I came to Seoul? I work in corporative investigations, my clients contact me to investigate their employees, their competitors or next investments..."

"You are a spy?"

"No, a P.I", Baekhyun is surprised.

"Anyway, I don't know anything about this kind of crime, I've only ever investigated companies, accounts and such. However, if you want I can ask around. I know some cops, I mean, they might be on numbers all day, but they are still cops", Baekhyun nods and Kris grabs his hand to give it a tight hold.

__________________

Jimin is following Yeri again, she went to the girl's school, she goes out and doesn't take the bus, she goes to the subway entrance and Jimin follows her there. Yeri meets the man again, he looks older, now that Jimin can see him more clearly. Jimin doesn't like it or likes it less and less. She decides to confront them, Yeri is jumping up and down next to him, clinging to his arm, the guy has her tight against his body. The train is about to come while Jimin is still making her way through the crowd, she hurries her steps. Suddenly, the guy turns around and though he is wearing thick glasses the intensity of the look is what makes her stop for half a second. She suddenly goes from worried to fearful. The train arrives and he just pushes Yeri inside, Jimin knows he has seen her and he knows that she is there. The train rides away, Jimin couldn't make it.