Second thoughts

Gone

"Im worry...they seem to be up to something"

"I dont think so...Ive got all the aces...you gotta believe me", the other shakes his head. "You know what would help? You. The reason why we did this was the journalist, wasnt it? So Im out here doing the most while you are not doing anything, you gotta get closer to him. Im doing my best everywhere".

"I just dont think is that worthy anymore", the other said, uncertainty dripping down his voice.

"Well its a little late to be having second thoughts"

___________________

Kyungsoo is sitting on his bed having a smoke and contemplating Taehyung getting dress. The guy is hot but Kyungsoo still feels like he is doing something criminal anyway. The first time he met Taehyung, he was probably 14 and could never imagine that they would end up like this: in bed, in the , having done all the things that they just did. His thoughts are interrupted by Taehyungs looong sigh.

"What is it?"

"Im worried about Jongkook...did you hear what happend at his house?", Kyungsoo nods. "Well that, now he is staying at home while Sehun hyung is at work", Kyungsoo shakes his head.

"Sehun is still trying to 'crack' Chanyeols case", he shakes his head, annoyied.

"Whats that supposed to mean?"

"I mean...", Kyungsoo starts but opens his arms for Taehyung to get in between them. "I always told Baekhyun that everything was going too fast. Like, did you know they were planning on moving in together at the fourth month? How much couldve they known eachother? It was crazy if you ask me. I never told this to your brother so dont tell him either, I think Chanyeol got cold feet and left. He had been living like a nomad during his teens so...I really dont find it that crazy of an option", Taehyung tenses.

"Ive always been kind of afraid you know?"

"Why babe?", he runs the tip of his fingers through Taehyungs mop of hair and he feels like electricity going through his body.

"Jongkookie had always been...you know...jealouse you know? Of Chanyeol hyung. He never liked nor understood the kind of relationship he had with Sehun hyung and...well those things you know?", Kyungsoo hmms in aproval. "When I found out that he was the last to see him...", he giggles and Kyungsoo understands.

"Jesus Christ Taehyung! Whats wrong with you?!", he jokingly hits him on the forearm.

"What? Love can make you do strange things", he smiles to himself and cuddles to Kyungsoo more.

________________

"Sehun?"

"Yes, Joonmyeon hyung. How are you?"

"Hi! How are you? Im just bussy as usual. I have, uhm, a press announcement for the, uhm", he rummages through papers."The veteran day, we are collecting some donations for the seniors at the geriatric instute..."

"Yeah, what else can I do hyung?"

"Nothing, just publish it. We have posted it on our homepage and Twitter account but is kind of not enough"

"Sure hyung Im watching it on your Twitter. So, do you have any news on Zhang Kim case or Chanyeol?"

"Unfortunately, no. We dont have any news to share"

"But you have some information, dont you"

"Well Sehun ah, the force does its job you know", Sehun chuckles.

"Yeah, hyung. No problem, just please, you know you can trust me with Chanyeols case, thats more of a personal interest than a journalistic one"

______________________

"They have something new about it, I know", Sehun tells Jongkook while they have dinner.

"Well, its an on going case. I doubt they would even telll Chanyeols family if they asked", he sounds off put.

"Whats with the tone?"

"Nothing", he says and puts down his chop sticks. "Dont you wonder if that guy that was stalking us has anything to do with this or with the chinese guys case? I wont put ourselves in danger because you want to save the world"

"Excuse me? Dont you care about Chanyeol?"

"Here we go again...I care about Chanyeol hyung, I always cared about him. But do you know who am I? Im the last person that saw him alive, walking away, just fine. Do you wanna know how he looked like back then?", Sehuns eyes go wide, he cant believe neither Jongkooks words nor his way of thinking. "He looked like he was saying his farewells, like he was leaving, I asked him if he needed company, he said he needed to go for a moment..."

"What?! How come you say that now?"

"Because I didnt want them to stop looking! But Im soooo tired, we dont really know what was even happening between Chanyeol and Baekhyun, maybe, MAYBE, we also didnt know what the hell was happening through Chanyeols head...Yet here we are, here you are, trying to crack the case, trying to find the truth. What if you cant see the truth?"

"And whats the truth? Why dont you tell me? Mhm?"

"The truth is that perhaps, he wanted to leave. Maybe he finally understood that he was not going to have you and he wanted to start over..."

"I dont believe you...Are you for real? Do you really think this is about him having feelings for me? That this is about YOUR jealousy? Are you ever gonna grow up? Dont you see how serious is this matter? Two peoples lives might be in danger and all you come up with is jealousy?", Sehun shakes his head.

"I might be childish, but I also know that that guy outside our house, that guy following me in the forest, that guy probably stalking me for weeks, was very real and I also wont put our lives on the line so that you save your best friend, who we dont even know why is gone", Sehuns had enough, he stands up and leaves the house. Jongkook wants to regret his words but cant bring himself to do it.

________________________

"Do you think Im in the wrong?"

"No. I...I kind of am the same with my brother. I mean it was a year of dating. I know its unfortunate and sad and a tragedy, but you are right. At least I know that none of us really knew Chanyeol, I mean my brother and I. For all we know he couldve been a drug dealer or whatever and we wouldnt know. My brother cant understand that and is waiting for him, putting his life on hold and I feel like a piece of for not feeling as sad, for not grieving so much", Taehyung sighs.

"I feel the same"

"Did you really told him that about the last time you saw him?"

"I had to take it off my chest"

"That time...he really looked like he was saying goodbye?", Jongkook give his friend a strange look.

"Yes, he did. Maybe it had nothing to do with what happend later, I dont know what happend before we met. But thats how he looked like. To be honest Im kind of tired of explaining myself..."

"Yeah", Taehyung is kind of afraid of continuing this conversation. He would rather tell Jongkook about him and Kyungsoo, if Kyungsoo only allowed him to.

_______________________

Min Yeri is on cloud number 9. She is walking around the mall, hanging from his beloved boyfriends arm. Yes he is her boyfriend, he buys things to her and kisses her when nobody is watching. She feels like one of her unnies because she already knows how to kiss and dates an older boy. She has stars in her eyes and she suspects nothing.

For example: her mother has been sharing her worries with her friend and boss, Hope Kim. She has been asking her teachers about how she is doing and what is she doing. Yeri keeps lying to her mother and everybody else, she doesnt hang out with her firends anymore, she has become a full time girlfriend and she is happy with that choice.

"But baby, you have keep your grades up. We dont want your parents to think things"

"I know oppa", she pouts. "My grades are fine and I have a test comming up but I want to spend time with you", she pouts some more.