Ill do anything for you

Gone

They drive through Seoul at a criminally early hour. The transit is fast. No problems. They go out of Seoul, they start to climb the hills. The hills of the rich and famous. They park at an insanely huge house.

 

“Such a house for only two people?”, Seulgi shakes her head. They get checked by security at the door. Ironic.

“Did your count them?”, Yoongi asks.

“Five so far”, she answers as they continue walking.

“Useless”, its his conclusion.

-----------

An older, worry looking, woman opens the door for them and tells them that they are waiting for them.

 

They pass a room and Seulgi spots a little girl watching the tv, up so early, she looks from some other part of Asia.

 

The woman opens another door.

------------

“Thank you miss Kwon”, the host looks tired and worn out. He extends his hand at them. “Welcome. My name is Kim Minseok, Kim Jongdaes older brother”, he gestures for them to sit. They know who he is, the whole country does. They sit in the living room, one of them.

Another man appears, he is carrying a baby, a mixed race baby.

“Im sorry, I went to feed him”, he puts the baby on the couch all wraped in blankets. “Zhang Yixing”, he greets.

“Detective Min and Detective Kang”, he introduces for the both of them. Another man shows up.

“This is my husband, Luhan”, there had been rumours about Kim Minseok... Two gay brothers, what are the odds. Of course they will found out that is not that odd.

---------------

“You can start by telling us what happened this last pass days. Why was mister Kim back in Korea?”, she asks.

“Yes”, mister Zhang says. “By this time we come to spend some part of the summer with Jongdaes family. Him and the kids came first, as soon as school ended. My mother in law hadnt met Kenta yet. We were able to bring him home last month”. Kenta is the african baby sleeping in the couch. The detectives hope that his family is not broken again. “He and I talked on the phone on daily basis. We are, we try, I try to be a hands on father....Is not always possible. Chenzi...I mean, Jongdae helps me...”, he is about to break. Minseok grabs his hand.

“My brother spent most of the time in this house with our mother and visiting old friends...”

“We are gonna need to talk to those friends and your mother”, Yoongi says not sounding polite, is just the way he is. The hosts nod.

“We were told that theres a letter”

“Yes”. Minseok goes to get it, its in a Zipplock bag.

Its creepy as . This is no randsom note. It just says: “Ill do anything for you”.

The detectives share looks.

“We are gonna need to talk to everybody separately”, Seulgi announces.

-------------

Four hours later they can say that Kim Jongdae, also known as Zhang Chen, is the father of three adopted children, Mei, Kenta and Ryuhui, ages seven, four and five months old. His husband is the noted chinese mogul, Zhang Yixing, theyve known eachother their whole lives, they got married after reconecting four years ago. Jongdae moved to China where he manages several art schools.

In the summer, ever since Mei started school, they comeback to Korea to spend time with Jongdaes family then they usually take a trip to some other place in the world. Most likely their Los Angeles home.

Jongdae arrived in Korea via the familys private jet because “Kenta is still too young to travel in an airline”, Zhangs words. He went straight home to see his mother and brother, his brother in law.

Before disappearing he stayed in Seoul for seven days, he went to visit old friends: a woman, Bae Joo Hyun and a man, Cho Kyuhyun.

Zhang assures that they werent having any marital problems, that they are very united as a family, recently they adopted Kenta, which promted them to travel to Africa several times before being able to bring him home. Jongdae was happy, the happiest, and Zhang was proud, the proudest.

-----------------------

After talking to head of security they are at a lost end. The man cant believe it. The team is mostly asinged to the house and they carry out pretty domestic tasks, mostly as choffers. The family doesnt have, has ever had, bodyguards, theyve never needed them. The only person that walks around a security person is Minseok, but only on week days, when and while he is at the office. His chinese husband nor their kids have a security person with them, at least not until three days ago.

-----------------------

Jongdae was on his way to his high school reunion when he just vanished. Hours later his car was found at the side of the road, in perfect condition and with only his prints inside and , of course, that note.

Before leaving the mansion, Zhang gave them a list of possile enemies to the family, the Kims and the Zhangs. “They are savage competitors in business, but they are not psychos”, he assured them with a shaking voice. Who knows.

---------------------

“Maybe their lives were not as perfect”, Seulgi comments.

“This is a waste of time”, Kim Seokjin, Capitan Kim Seokjin, is Yoongis and Seulgis boss. “The uppers are crazy about this case. Every computer in the Seul Metro Police is from Kim Tech. damn it. You better come up with an answer fast. I will hate this if this Kim dude just eloped with some other dude”, he sighs, “you better keep me posted Min”, he says and walks to his office.

Yoongi and Seulgi sigh, beeing babysitters of the rich is not why you sign to be in the force.

--------------------

The tasks are over for the day, tomorrow theyll continue looking.

Its early to go home and Yoongi opens his bottom drawer. Seulgi already knows.

“Are you gonna stay some more?”, she asks, he nods. “Let me know if you come up with some new ideas”, he just grumbles as an answer. He has a very bad mood, but she knows that behind theres a golden heart.

Yoongi pulls out a file, it looks used, a little torn. The date is almost one year ago. The cover reads “Missing person”, which means that it doesnt really goes on his department but he still has it. He asked as a favor, the “Missing person Department” never asks for it. They dont wonder anymore.

Maybe because they were friends, maybe because he knows him, or maybe because this Kim Jongdae case has trigger something in him. Tonight he is back to wondering, tonight, again, after almost one year, he wants to know where is Park Chanyeol.