Three

Eternal Love

 

 

A few days later, Won Sik checks Ra Eun’s blog and sees her post on Classy Clicks.

“Classy Clicks. A very small shop with very big and bright future. The workers there greet you with a smile. They are very friendly, and they’re always willing to help. Though their business is small, they have fashionable heels that everyone should check out,” Won Sik reads.

Below the review are pictures of their heels on display.

“With each heel, they work hard and long to come up with the design, and they even build the heels themselves,” the review continues.

Then she goes on and writes about each and everyone of them and even puts their picture up, and finally she writes about Won Sik. Ra Eun uses the picture of him smiling.

“The one who made this all possible is their tall, handsome, and loyal boss Kim Won Sik. He isn’t just tall and handsome, he is the kind of boss that everyone wants. Mr. Kim is very understanding and very negotiable. He and his workers have a very strong friendship that everyone wishes to have.” Won Sik continues to read. “Please look forward to their latest project releasing on August 28th. Everyone, please go and support them!!”

And finally, she puts the picture of Classy Clicks on last.

Won Sik goes on to read the comments.

“Oh my! I’ve never heard about this shop before! I’ll definitely check it out!”

“I’ve heard about this shop before, I wasn’t sure if I should check this place out, but you made me want to check it out!”

“Everyone is so handsome!”

“Is that really their boss? He’s so handsome!”

“Are they single?”

Won Sik turns off his laptop.

“We got a good review,” he tells everyone. “We might be getting more customers, so Dong Jun, be aware.”

“Got it, sir,” Dong Jun says.

“Plus, all of you have many fans. Make sure you don’t get jumped.”

“We have fans now,” Dae Hyun asks.

“If you check out Ra Eun’s blog, many girls are saying and asking if you are single,” Won Sik informs them.

“We might be getting girlfriends,” Jin Young asks with a wide smile.

“We don’t have time for girlfriends right now. We have to finish this project before the deadline. Dong Jun, go open the store.”

“Yes, sir,” Dong Jun says. He walks out of the office.

“Dae Hyun, how is the heel coming along,” Won Sik asks.

“It’s slowly coming together,” Dae Hyun says.

“Good. Keep working on it.”

“Yes, sir.”

Everyone starts to work again while Won Sik goes out to buy everyone lunch. As he’s waiting for his order, he calls his mom.

“What do you want,” his mom asks.

“Hi, mom,” Won Sik says. “I just wanted to ask you how you were doing.”

“I’m drinking tea with my friend.”

“It sounds like you’re doing well.”

“Don’t call me unless you have something important to tell me.” She hangs up.

“She’s the one who wanted me to call,” Won Sik says to himself. “Why is she rejecting me?”

He takes his order back to the store and serves everyone lunch in the office.

“Thanks, Won Sik,” everyone chimes.

“In three hours,” Dong Jun says as he holds his lunch. “We’ve had twice the customers come in today.”

“Really,” Jin Young asks. “That’s great!”

“I guess that writer gave us a positive critique,” Sung Yeol smiles.

“She did,” Won Sik adds. “And like I said, there will be more coming. Perhaps even more on August 28th, so everyone, work hard.”

“What happens if our store is filled with customers,” Dae Hyun asks. “Dong Jun can’t do everything by himself. He’ll be too slow, and the customers will be mad.”

“If we must,” Won Sik replies. “We’ll go help him.”

“That would be appreciated,” Dong Jun says. “I should get going. There might be customers out there waiting for me.”

“Work hard,” everyone except Won Sik says.

“Let’s get back to work,” Won Sik says.

As the due date slowly approaches them, all of them have been pulling all nighters and working extra hours.

When the date comes, the store slowly fills up with customers. Dong Jun is handling it perfectly while everyone else is in the back working. As they work. They can hear the customers piling in. The voices are getting louder and louder.

“Guys,” Won Sik starts, “Let’s go out there and help Dong Jun. He won’t be able to handle the customers by himself.”

“Alright,” Jin Young says. “Let’s go. We’ll get to see the pretty faces that buy our heels!”

“Let’s go,” the boys chime. They run out the door while Won Sik puts on his blazer. He buttons up his blazer and finally heads out. When he does, he hears people screaming his name.

“The handsome boss is here,” a lady yells.

“They’re all here!”

“Wow! They’re as handsome as Ra Eun described them to be!”

“Everyone,” Won Sik announces.

Everyone quiets down and turns their attention towards Won Sik.

“I want to say thank you, to everyone, that came here to support us,” Won Sik continues. “We may only be a small business, but our business will grow because of each individual person who came here today. Our product is not the best, but we worked hard on it, and we appreciate everyone who came here today. Once again, thank you everyone. Please enjoy our new product. My boys and I will be helping you all today to pick out the right pair for you.” Won Sik stops and silence eat them.

Dae Hyun claps, so everyone starts clapping and cheering.

“Happy shopping,” Won Sik finishes. He goes help fit the shoes into the customer’s right sizes. When he and the customer finds the right size, he sends them to Sung Yeol who is working the cash register. While Jin Young, Dae Hyun, and Dong Jun are working with the customer with a smile on their face, Won Sik has a poker face on.

“Do you usually have a stern face on,” a customer asks Won Sik.

“Excuse me,” Won Sik asks the lady. He is kneeling on the ground with one knee and helping her with her heel.

“I noticed that you haven’t smiled at all.”

“Yeah,” he says not knowing what else to say. “I get that a lot.”

“You should smile more. You look handsome when you smile more.”

“Does this size fit you,” Won Sik asks hoping she wouldn’t talk about him smiling anymore.

“Yes. It does fit me.”

“Great. I’ll have you take it off. I’ll box it for you and have you walk over to that young man over there by the cash register. He’ll ring you up.”

“Thank you.”

Won Sik gives her the heels and helps another customer. They continue to do so until there is only two customer left.

Dong Jun helps one while Won Sik is helping the other.

“It's you from the other day,” Dong Jun says.

“You remember me,” she smiles.

“Of course. You and your friend helped us a lot.”

“I'm glad. That's why I'm here again. To help you. I want the salmon colored one.”

“Size seven?”

“You remember,” she says smiling widely.

“How may I help you,” Won Sik asks the customer.

“I want the creamed color one. Size six and a half,” the customer says.

“It's you,” Jin Young says.

“It's me,” the customer replies.

Won Sik grabs the heel in the box and turns around.

“We didn't know you were coming,” Dae Hyun says.

“I thought I should come and help you,” she says. “I see that this was a complete success. If you guys don't mind, I took pictures. I want to do another review on Classy Clicks.”

“That's fine,” Won Sik says. “I'll help you with your heel now.”

Ra Eun sits down and Won Sik helps her with the heel.

“Does it fit you,” Won Sik asks.

“Yes,” she replies. “I'll take it.”

“I'll take the heel off and box it for you. Then, I'll send you to Sung Yeol. He'll ring you up.”

“Thank you.”

He gives her the box and puts her original heel back on. Ra Eun walks over to Sung Yeol, and he rings her up.

Dong Jun sends his customer to Sung Yeol as well, and he rings her up.

“It's so nice to see the both of you here again,” Dong Jun says.

“It's nice to come here again,” the taller friend says.

“You two are friends,” Sung Yeol asks.

“Yes,” the taller one replies. “I've heard so much about you guys, and you guys are as handsome as Ra Eun described you.”

“What is your name, my lady,” Jin Young asks. “We know your friends name, but not yours.”

“Park Jin Hee.”

The guys nods their head except Won Sik.

“Are you guys done for the day,” Ra Eun asks.

“Yes,” Sung Yeol replies. “It’s been a long and tiring day. We’re going to close the shop and head home.”

“Congratulations today,” Ra Eun continues. “I hope to see everyone again in the future.”

“Bye,” Jin Hee says. “Good luck to everyone for the near future.”

“Thank you,” everyone says.

The two ladies walk out, and the men start to clean. Dong Jun goes flip the sign on the door to sorry we’re closed and everyone else cleans up the floor and displays. After everyone is done cleaning, they meet in the office.

“Good job everyone,” Won Sik says. “We had a successful day thanks to all your hard work. I’m sure you’re all tired and want to rest, so why don’t we head home and get a good night rest, so we can come in tomorrow refreshed?”

“Why don’t we go out to celebrate,” Sung Yeol suggests.

“I’d rather we not,” Won Sik replies.

“We can. With what we made today, we have enough to go out and celebrate,” Jin Young says.

“No,” Won Sik says. “Let’s save the celebration for another day. Let’s go home and rest for tonight.”

Everyone agrees. They all leave. Won Sik locks the store and heads to his car. He opens the backseat door and puts his laptop on the seat. That’s when he notices the pink sweater.

“Gosh,” he says. “I still have that.” He closes the door and opens the driver’s side before he climbs in and drives away.

At home, he changes into a white t-shirt and black sweatpants after a shower. Won Sik sits on the couch with his laptop on his lap. He looks through his work papers in the laptop. Won Sik also wants to call his mom, but he is afraid that she might be sleeping, so he decides not to call her.

The next morning, he goes out on a jog again. He’s wearing his jogging suit, and his running shoes. Won Sik is running and listening to nature again because it relaxes him. After he is done with his jog, he heads home, takes a shower, and heads to work.

There are more customers who came, but it wasn’t as much as it was yesterday. There was enough that Dong Jun could handle by himself, so the rest of the group is in the back working.

“We just launched a product,” Won Sik starts. “But there are always competition out there, so we must work on another design. I’m not rushing you, so Sung Yeol, please try to design another product for us. When you have one, please tell me.”

“Yes, sir,” Sung Yeol says.

“Jin Young, since we’ve earned so much yesterday, you calculate the money and give it to me. Afterwards, I’ll give you all your equal share.”

“Yes, sir,” Jin Young salutes.

“Dae Hyun, there won’t be much for you to do, so why don’t you go and help Dong Jun,” Won Sik says.

“Yes, sir.” Dae Hyun leaves to the store while everyone is working.

That night, everyone leaves to go home after work is done. Jin Young gives Won Sik the cash, so Won Sik takes the cash home. Jin Young already told him how much there was, so he divided them up equally to pay everyone. Of course, he saved some for utility expenses.

The next day, he distributes the money to his friends. They thanked him and counted their money.

“Now that we have our paycheck,” Sung Yeol chimes. “We can go on a trip!”

“How about you save that money for food and rent,” Won Sik says.

“Come on! Why are you never willing to have fun?”

“How about this. If you work hard on our next project, we’ll go on a camping trip. It’ll be to celebrate our launch and a celebration for the season change.”

“You promise?”

“I promise.”

“Even if our launch fails?”

“It won’t fail, but if it does, I’ll still take you.”

“Sweet!! Let’s get to work guys!”

So they continue to work hard. The next project is only a small project. Sung Yeol suggested this.

“Let’s add some accessory to the heel we just launched,” Sung Yeol suggests.

“Why would our customers want to buy it,” Won Sik asks.

“I want to add a flower to the salmon colored one. It’ll make the heel cute. That way, more young women would want it. For the creamed color one, I want to add a strap to it. It’ll make the heel look more sophisticated.”

“Sounds nice,” Won Sik says nodding his head. “Go ahead with it.”

“Thank you, sir.”

When the time comes, many customers, and some familiar faces, come to support them again. They make a third of what they made with their last launch, and they are more than happy.

“Since our new launch was successful, and the season is changing,” Sung Yeol starts.

They’re all in the office.

“Can we go on that camping trip,” Sung Yeol asks.

“We’ll go this weekend,” Won Sik says. “We’ll meet here at eight.”

“We can just meet at the campsite,” Dae Hyun says.

“There’s going to be too many cars there then,” Won Sik protests.

“We can carpool.”

“Yeah,” Jin Young says. “I’ll take Dae Hyun with me. Actually I have a truck that can fit five people. We can all just go in my truck, but it’ll be crowded especially for the person who sits in the middle back seat.”

“The skinniest person can just sit in the middle,” Dong Jun says.

“That’s you,” Sung Yeol adds.

“Why is it me,” Dong Jun asks.

“It’s okay,” Won Sik says. “I’ll go in my own car. I’ll get the tent. We probably need two.”

“I’ll buy the food,” Sung Yeol says.

“Sweet! I want sausages,” Dong Jun exclaims.

They start to name off food that they want to Sung Yeol, and he takes mental notes. After planning for the trip, everyone heads home.

Won Sik is laying in bed ready to sleep, but his phone rings. He picks it up.

“Hi, mom,” he says quietly.

“What are you doing,” his mom asks.

“I was about to sleep.”

“How come you never come and visit me?” His mother’s voice is loud. It sounds like she’s mad at him again.

“Mom, work is keeping me busy.”

“Work is always keeping you busy. What if something happened to me? What are you going to do then?”

“Mom, I’m sorry. I’ll visit when I have time. I’ll give you a call.”

“You always call when I’m busy. Why can’t you call when I’m not busy?”

“I don’t know your schedule, and I call you when I have the time. When I’m busy, I keep my phone on silent.”

“Why don’t you just stop calling me all together, and don’t even visit me. Am I even your mother?”

“Mom,”

She hangs up.

Won Sik sighs and puts his phone back on the nightstand. He was just about to sleep, but now, he’s having a hard time.

“Does mom even love me?”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I wanted to do a longer update, but I feel like I've been doing too much of those. I'll give you guys a break and update this shorter one. Hope you guys are enjoying it!! ^^