Two

Eternal Love

With hard work and determination, five years have gone by. Won Sik has become a director to a small business. Very little people work there with him, but those people are very loyal. They are the ones who have helped him be who he is. Won Sik met them through his internship at Travel with Walking, a shoe corporation. After the internship, Won Sik and his friends worked there for awhile before they branched off and worked on their own projects. The small business that Won Sik owns is called Classy Clicks. Him and his group of friends design heels, makes them, and sells them in their little building. They do the designing and making in Won Sik’s office since that’s the only back room they have, plus the storage room. They sell in the front of the building though they don’t have many customers yet. They do find some customers coming in once in awhile. The customers may not be regulars, but they try their best to make the customers feel welcomed with their smile and helpful attitude.

“Do you have anything new,” Won Sik asks Sung Yeol the shoe designer.

Won Sik is looking at Sung Yeol with a straight face.

“I’ve been playing around with my sketches,” Sung Yeol says showing Won Sik his pencil sketches of heels. “There are some that are not the best to my ability.” Won Sik takes the sketch book from Sung Yeol and flips through the pages. “But there are some in there that I think will make the cut. Some are still in the works. Tell me which one you like and I’ll finish it by the end of the day.”

“This one,” Won Sik says setting the book down and showing it to Sung Yeol. “If you clean up this area a little and make the edges smoother, it’ll be perfect. I have a color in mind. Since fall is coming soon, we should make this heel a dark creamed color. We want this shoe to match any other color that our customers will be wearing whether its a shirt, socks, or pants. Unless you have something else in mind.”

His face is still straight.

“I did have something else in mind. I wanted to make this heel the color salmon. It’ll look fresh and new for the upcoming season.”

“I like that too. Make another copy and color the heel in the two colors. We’ll see which one best fit our criteria and go from there.”

“Yes, sir.”

“I’ll go and make sure that we have enough in our budget to buy all the materials that we need,” Jin Young says. He’s in charge of all budgeting costs. If they were to ever be low on budget, Won Sik will be the first person he informs.

“After you’re done checking,” Dae Hyun adds. “Tell me the budget, and I’ll make sure to go buy the materials that we need.” Dae Hyun is the person who constructs the heels together. He’s already made about thirty. Twenty seven at Travel with Walking and three at Classy Clacks.

“Will do,” Jin Young says with a salute.

“Keep working, guys,” Won Sik says. He stands up from his desk, the end of the table, and walks to the front of the store. “How’s it going,” he asks Dong Jun.

“Same as always,” Dong Jun replies.

“Slow?”

Dong Jun nods his head. He runs the store, and Dong Jun always greets the customers with a smile on his face.

“I’m sorry you have to be in such a boring environment,” Won Sik says.

“Why are you sorry? I chose to work here with you. When our business grows, I’m going to miss standing here looking out the window. I’m enjoying every moment of this.”

Won Sik nods his head without any emotion.

“Keep up the good work,” Won Sik says.

Won Sik walks out the store. He walks to the closest convenience store and buys lunch for everyone. When night falls, everyone, except Won Sik, leaves to go home. Won Sik is sitting at his desk looking at the drawing that Sung Yeol turned in. The different colors give the heels a different vibe. The cream color makes the shoe look classy, and the salmon color makes the shoe look more definite. If they decide to go with the cream color, more women who works will want the classy heel, and if they decide to go with the salmon color, more young women would want it.

Won Sik turns his laptop on and shoots Dong Jun an email.

“What kind of customers do we get more of,” Won Sik types. “Young women? Or older women?”

Now he just have to wait for Dong Jun to write back. As he waits, he works on some documents. A few hours later, Dong Jun emails him back, so his laptop dings.

“We have a mixture, but we usually get younger women coming into our shop,” Dong Jun replies.

“Thank you,” Won Sik replies back.

He thinks and finally makes his decision.

The next day, he holds a meeting and tells everyone about his choice.

“Let’s do both. Since we have a mixture of customers,” Won Sik starts. “It’ll be a good idea to do both. Jin Young, have you check our budget?”

“I have. With what we have left after paying rent, I’m sure we can do both of them,” Jin Young replies. “But it’ll be cutting close.”

“We’ll invest in both heels.”

“Aren’t we betting too high for this,” Dae Hyun asks. “What if this fails. We’ll be losing more than we’re making.”

“I have faith,” Won Sik says. “This will be a success. We’ll have many buyers and make as much profit as we’re putting in. If anyone has any other concerns, please state them now.”

“You didn’t leave here yesterday did you,” Sung Yeol asks. “You’re wearing the same outfit.”

Won Sik looks down at his white buttoned up shirt that is tucked into his black dress pants.

“With the deadline coming up, I don’t have time to go home,” Won Sik replies.

“We know that you’re taking the most heat right now,” Sung Yeol says. “But consider your health. If you keep working without rest, you’re going to end up in the hospital.”

“And we can’t afford you to be in the hospital,” Jin Young says.

“Don’t worry about me,” Won Sik says. “You guys just worry about yourselves. Let’s get to work everyone.”

Won Sik dismisses the meeting. Everyone is working hard until night comes, but no one has left yet.

“Why haven’t you guys gone home,” Won Sik asks. “It’s past work hours.”

Even Dong Jun is in the office with them.

“We won’t go anywhere until you’ve gone home,” Dae Hyun says.

“What do you mean,” Won Sik asks. “You guys go. I’ll leave after I’m done with this last document.”

“No. We won’t leave until you leave.”

“But,”

“No buts,” Sung Yeol says. “Let’s go. All of us.”

The three of them drag Won Sik out and forces him into his car. They lean on the car door, so Won Sik can’t open it.

“What are you guys doing,” Won Sik asks. He tries opening the door.

“Go home,” Dae Hyun says. “And rest.”

“Come back tomorrow when you’re well rested,” Jin Young says. “If we check the surveillance camera and see you come back, we’re going to make you take a week off.”

“I’m the boss,” Won Sik says. “You can’t do this to me.”

“We’re your friends. We’re trying to slap you back to reality in a nice way,” Sung Yeol says. “Now go home and rest.”

“Fine,” Won Sik says. He puts on his seatbelt.

“If you come back tomorrow looking tired,” Dae Hyun warns. “You’ll be on vacation for a whole month.

Won Sik sighs and shows no emotion. “Bye.” He drives off.

He parks his car in the parking lot and walks to his apartment. Won Sik sets his keys down on the coffee table in the living room and walks to the kitchen to grab a water bottle from the fridge. He takes a sip before he walks to his bedroom and pulls out his tucked shirt. Won Sik starts to his shirt and walks to the bathroom to take a shower. After he comes out, he dries his hair with the towel and wears a white t shirt and black sweatpants. Won Sik goes to the kitchen and looks in the fridge. He barely has anything in there, so he goes look in his cabinets. The cabinets are empty. The only thing he has is bread, so he takes that out and starts to eat that. As he is eating, his phone rings. He walks to his room and grabs his phone which is lying on his bed.

“Hi, mom,” he says emotionless.

“How come you never call me,” his mom asks angry.

“Sorry, mom. I'm just so busy with work. I'll make sure to call you more often.”

“What if something happened to me? What if I died? How will you know? Stop being so busy with work and call me,” his mom yells over the phone.

“Yes, mom,” he says calmly. “I'll make sure to call you.”

She hangs up, so he throws his phone on the bed again.

He finishes the bread and heads to bed. He lies down in bed and stares blankly at the ceiling. There are so many thoughts swimming in his mind. The project, his mom, life. Even if he was away from his problems, it's as if his problems were latched onto him.

The next morning, Won Sik gets up early to go for a jog. He puts on a white t shirt, and his blue jogging suit. Won Sik drives his car to a park and parks his car in the parking lot before he goes for his jog. As he jogs, he listens to the sound of the birds chirping, and there is also a small river that is continuously flowing. The sound of the water makes Won Sik feel at ease.

“Ahh,” he hears someone yell. “How can you do that?” The voice sounds like a woman’s voice. “My heels in the river now! Look! It's floating away!”

Won Sik stops and searches the river until he finds the floating heel. He walks over to the bank and realizes that he can't reach it, so he steps into the river and grabs the heel. Won Sik walks back out and heads over to the ladies.

“This is your heel right,” he asks the shorter lady with only one heel.

“Yes. Thank you,” she replies. She grabs the heel from him. Her long hair is flowing in the wind.

“Be careful next time.”

Won Sik turns around and takes a step, but she asks him to wait, so he turns around again.

“Your shoes and pants are all wet,” she says.

“It’s okay,” he replies looking down at her. “They’ll dry.”

“No. It’ll feel uncomfortable.”

“I can just go to my car and dry them off.”

“No. Here,” she says taking off her pink sweater. “Dry your feet off with my sweater.”

He heaves a deep breath.

“What’s so funny,” she asks.

“I’ve never heard or seen someone offer their sweater to someone, so they can wipe their feet.”

“This will be your first time then. Please take it.”

“I’m fine. Really.”

“No. Please take it.” She takes a step towards him and extends her arm towards him. “It’s the least I can do.”

“I’m fine, but if you insist.” He takes the sweater from her and slowly backs away from her.

She smiles, and he turns away. He walks to his car and unlocks it. Won Sik throws the sweater on the backseat and sits on the seat with his feet sticking out of the car. He takes off his shoes and socks and lets his feet dry. Won Sik sets his socks and shoes on the floor before he drives home. When he arrives home, he walks inside barefoot and carries his wet socks and shoes. Won Sik throws the socks and shoes on the the ground next to his bed. He takes a shower before he puts on his his work clothes: his black dress pants, his buttoned shirt, his black blazer, new socks, and his black dress shoes. Won Sik drives to a nearby sandwich shop and buys breakfast first before he heads to the office.

 

“Did you guys eat breakfast,” he asks his friends. “If you didn’t, here are sandwiches.” He puts the sandwiches on the table.

“Thank you,” everyone chimes.

“Did you rest,” Dae Hyun asks.

“I sure did,” Won Sik replies. “I even had a jog this morning, and now I feel great.”

“Good,” everyone chimes.

“Though something did happen to me.”

“What happened,” Jin Young asks.

“This lady lost her heel in the river. I had to walk in the river to save her heel. My shoes, socks, and jogging pants were cold and wet. It was very uncomfortable.”

“Did you just leave like that,” Sung Yeol asks.

“I was about to, but she insisted on me taking her sweater to wipe my feet.”

Sung Yeol laughs, “funny! I've never seen or heard someone offer their sweater to another person, so they can wipe their feet.”

“That's what I told her.”

“Did you take it,” Dong Jun asks.

“I had to. She wouldn’t let me go,” Won Sik replies.

“Do you still have it,” Dae Hyun asks.

“It's on the back seat in my car,” Won Sik replies. “I've had a weird morning, so let's get to work.”

Once work is done, Won Sik heads home. As he enters his house, he calls his mom.

“Hello?”

“Hey, mom,” he says. “I just got done with work.”

“Why are you calling me so late at night? I'm sleeping!”

She hangs up, and so does he. Since his mom, doesn't like being called after work, he decides to call in the morning, but she says she's busy tending the garden, so he decides to call during lunch, but she says she's out with friends so stop calling her.

He sighs not knowing what to do.

During work, everyone, except Dong Jun who runs the store, are at the back working hard on their new product. As Dong Jun is working, two women walk in.

“Welcome to Classy Clicks,” he greets them. “Is there anything I can help you with today?”

“We're just looking around,” the shorter one says.

“Alright. If you need help with anything, don't be afraid to ask.”

“Thank you.”

“Look at that heel,” the taller one says. She pulls the shorter woman over to the yellow heel. “This is so cute!”

“It is pretty cute,” the shorter one compliments. “It'll go well with the yellow dress that you have.”

“I've been trying to find a heel like this. I can't believe this store has this!” She picks up the shoe and turns over to Dong Jun. “How much is this?”

“40, but I'll make it 30 for you,” Dong Jun says.

“Do you have it in size 7?”

“I can go look in the back. Hold on a moment.” Dong Jun walks to the storage room and looks for a size seven. When he finds it, which wasn’t long because they don’t have a lot of heels yet, he returns to the ladies. “This size will fit you right,” he asks the taller woman.

“May I try it on,” the tall lady asks.

“Of course. Follow me.” Dong Jun leads her to a bench. “Please sit.” She does so, and he bends down. “May I,” he asks her gesturing to her heel.

“You may,” she replies.

He takes off her heel before he slips the yellow heel onto her foot.

“How is it,” Dong Jun asks her.

She stands up and listens for any discomfort.

While Dong Jun and the taller lady is trying on the heel, the shorter woman looks around the shop. To her amazement, the shop is small and simple yet looks very classy.

“It fits perfectly,” the taller lady says. “I’ll take it.”

“Great,” Dong Jun exclaims. “Will you like to take the heel off or wear them out?”

“I’ll take them off.” The lady sits down, and Dong Jun helps her fix her heel again. “Thank you.”

“No problem. Please follow me.” Dong Jun leads them to the cash register and rings them up.

“Thank you.”

“No problem. Please come again.” Dong Jun bags the shoe and hands it over to her.

“I have a question,” the shorter lady says.

“I have an answer,” Dong Jun replies.

“May I know who your boss is? I mean, may I talk to him?”

“What for?”

“I’m a writer. I write about stores or restaurants that I visit on my blog. I was wondering if I can write a review about Classy Clicks.”

“Wait here,” Dong Jun says after a pause. “I’ll ask my boss to come out.” He walks to the office and knocks on the door.

“Come in,” Won Sik says.

Dong Jun opens the door. “Mr. Kim, I have a customer who will like to talk to you.”

Won Sik stops typing on his laptop. “Did you cause trouble?”

“When did I ever,” Dong Jun asks in a joking manner.

Won Sik puts on his blazer that was hanging on the back of his chair. He buttons the blazer and walks out with Dong Jun. He sees two women standing in front of the cash register counter.

“Hello, young ladies” he greets them.

They turn around.

“Is something wrong,” he asks them.

The shorter lady stares at him which makes him feel uncomfortable, but he soons stares at her.

“You’re the man from the river,” she says.

“You’re the woman who lost her heel,” he replies.

Dong Jun stares at the both of them and finally turns to Won Sik grinning at him.

“What are you doing here,” she asks smiling.

“You wanted to see me,” Won Sik replies.

“I did? I did! You’re the boss?”

“I am. Is there a problem? Did my worker do anything wrong?”

“No. No. I wanted to talk to you about something else.”

“What is it?”

“I’m a writer. I wanted to write a critique about Classy Clicks, and I wanted your permission.”

“I thought writers didn’t need permission. Don’t they just critique?”

“Most do, but I wanted to get permission. I promise, I have only good things to say. Plus, I want to take pictures. Is that okay?”

“I want to see your blog first. I’ll decide afterwards.”

“Sure. Do you have a time when I can come in to show you my blog?”

“Come in whenever you’re free.”

“Does this afternoon work?”

“This afternoon? That early?”

“Is something wrong?”

“No. I’ll see you this afternoon.”

“May I know your name?”

“Oh Ra Eun.”

“Ra Eun. When you come in, ask for Kim Won Sik. I’m sure Dong Jun will recognize you.”

“I will. Thank you.”

“Thank you.”

The two ladies leave the store.

“How much did you sell the heels for,” Won Sik asks.

“30. I said I’ll lower it to 30 for her,” Dong Jun replies.

“Good job.”

“Are you planning to accept her proposal?”

“If she’s a good writer, I’m planning to accept it. It’ll help our business.”

Won Sik walks back to the office and looks at the clock. 10:35 am.

“At noon, I’ll have a writer coming in,” Won Sik tells everyone. “So if you would, please leave the office at noon.”

“A writer,” Sung Yeol asks. “She’s going to write about us?”

“I have to talk to her first.”

“Having her write about us will help our business,” Dae Hyun says.

“That’s what I think too,” Won Sik says.

“We’ll leave by noon,” Jin Young says.

“Thank you.”

While Won Sik waits for noon to come, he searches for Ra Eun’s blog. It seems like she’s pretty popular. Many people comment on her blog, and she takes really good pictures as well.

At noon, Won Sik is the only person in the office. Everyone else is in the store with Dong Jun.

The bell on the door chimes and everyone knows who the person is.

“Hello,” she says to Dong Jun. “I’m here for,”

“Kim Won Sik,” Dong Jun says. “I know. I remember. Please follow me.”

Dong Jun leads her to the office and everyone else slowly follows. Dong Jun knocks on the door.

“Come in,” Won Sik says.

Dong Jun opens the door and gestures for her to go in.

“Thank you,” she says.

Dong Jun closes the door and steps aside.

“Hello,” she says.

“Welcome,” Won Sik greets. “Please sit.” He gestures to the chair right from him.

“Thank you.” She sets her bag and camera on the table before she sits.

“Would you like something to drink?”

“No. I’m fine. About my blog.”

“I’ve looked into it. You seem like a very popular writer. You’ve wrote reviews for cafes, restaurants, clothing stores. I’ve also read your reviews, and you seem to be very honest. I like that.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“I’ll consider your offer after I see the pictures that you’ve taken.”

“Of course.”

“Let’s go.”

Won Sik stands up and buttons his blazer before he leads her to the door. She picks up her camera and follows him to the door. He opens the door for her.

“Thank you,” she says walking out. Ra Eun stops in the middle of the doorway and looks to her right.

“Hello,” Dae Hyun says with an awkward smile.

“Hello,” Ra Eun says not knowing what to do.

“What’s wrong,” Won Sik asks stepping behind her.

“Your workers are standing here.”

“Guys,” Won Sik says stern. “You’re making her uncomfortable.”

“We just wanted to know what’s happening,” Sung Yeol says.

“I haven’t decided yet. She’s going to go take pictures first. Why don’t you join us,” Won Sik says.

“Great,” everyone chimes.

“Let’s go,” Jin Young says. He runs to the store, and everyone else follows.

“Please excuse them,” Won Sik says. “They can get a little excited.”

“It’s okay,” Ra Eun says. “Let’s go.”

Ra Eun takes a step, and the both of them walk out of the office. Won Sik closes the door and leads them to the store.

“Take as much pictures as you want,” Won Sik says.

“Thank you,” Ra Eun replies. She turns on her camera and walks outside. Ra Eun aims the camera at the front of the building and takes a picture. Then, she walks inside and starts taking pictures of the shoes on display. “May I take a picture of everyone?”

“Everyone,” Dong Jun asks.

“Yes. I think it’ll be best if I took one outside with all of you. Is that fine with everyone?”

“Yes,” Sung Yeol says smiling. “Let’s go!” He and Jin Young run outside and everybody else follows.

“Let’s have everyone stand in front of the door.”

They scatter around, and then stand in a group. Their hands around each other’s shoulders.

“Perfect,” Ra Eun says. She takes a picture. “Mr. Kim, go in.”

“I’m fine,” Won Sik says.

“Come on,” Jin Young says. “This is for the business.”

“Yeah! You said it yourself,” Dae Hyun adds.

They all wait for Won Sik. “Okay,” Won Sik says. He walks over to his group of friend. Sung Yeol wraps his arm around Won Sik’s shoulder and pulls him in with the group.

“Perfect,” Ra Eun says. “Smile.” She takes a picture. “Mr. Kim, smile for the camera.”

“You didn’t smile,” Dong Jun asks.

“I’ll make him smile,” Sung Yeol says. He tickles Won Sik’s side making Won Sik burst out laughing.

Ra Eun snaps a picture and smiles. “Perfect,” she says.

Won Sik slaps Sung Yeol’s hand away and stares him down. “If you tickle me again, you’re fired.”

“That doesn’t scare me. You need me,” Sung Yeol says back.

“Now let’s have one with just Mr. Kim,” Ra Eun says.

“Just me,” Won Sik asks.

“Yes. I’ll write a review on each and everyone of you guys, and since Mr. Kim is the boss, I want to write a review on him only.”

“Okay,” Dae Hyun says. Everyone steps aside and leaves Won Sik to be in front of the camera. “Does he have to smile?”

“That’ll be nice,” Ra Eun says. She aims the camera at Won Sik.

Won Sik stands there awkwardly and puts on the most awkward smile.

Ra Eun puts the camera down. “Can you smile more genuinely?”

“How,” Won Sik asks.

“Uh,” she pauses. “Think of a time when you’re most happy.”

“A time when I’m most happy?” He stands there and thinks about the most happy time he’s had.

“Won Sik, come here,” his mother calls sweetly.

His little legs bring him over to his mother. She opens her arms and takes him into her embrace.

“I love you so much,” she says. She kisses him on the cheek. “Mommy promises to love you forever.”

Won Sik smiles at the thought, and Ra Eun snaps a picture.

“Perfect,” she says.

Won Sik quickly wipes the smile away.

“Since you’re done,” Won Sik starts, “let’s go inside.” He goes inside first. Ra Eun follows him and everyone else follows. “Are you done taking pictures,” Won Sik asks Ra Eun.

“I want to take more pictures of your heels,” Ra Eun says.

Won Sik gestures her to do so.

“I have a question,” she says.

“What is it,” Won Sik asks.

“Do you guys have any new projects you’re working on?”

“We do, and if you want to look at that, I’m going to reject you. I don’t want our new project to leak.”

“I understand.”

“I can tell you the date if you wish.”

“Please.”

“August 28th.”

“Good to know. Thank you. I’m also done.”

“Great. Let’s go back and look at the pictures.” Won Sik leads Ra Eun back to the office.

Ra Eun opens her laptop and plugs in her SD card into her laptop. She enlarges the pictures for Won Sik to see.

“You can look through them and see which one you like. If you don’t like any of them, if you would give me another chance, let me take more pictures, but I understand if you reject my offer.”

Won Sik looks through the pictures.

“I like them,” Won Sik says. “You take very good pictures.”

“Thank you,” Ra Eun replies.

“I accept your offer.”

“You made a great decision, Mr. Kim. I promise you, I won’t let you down.”

“I’m looking forward to reading your review.”

“Before I go. I want to know your workers name, what they do, and how you guys met.”

“Of course.”

Won Sik shows her the pictures of the guys and explains to her each and every single one of them to her.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Second update! I've changed the characters after much contemplating. I hope you guys are enjoying it! ^^