Fourteen

Eternal Love

 

Almost three months has gone by. Won Sik hasn’t heard anything from Ra Eun, so he just thinks that she’s married to the man now. He hopes that she’s happy.

Won Sik is still working. He’s moved the guys to a bigger store. Won Sik has also hired some workers to help them out. They have more heels to sell now, and they even have a lot more regulars. Everything seems fine for Won Sik and the guys, but actually, Won Sik still isn’t feeling well. He still feels empty. He still misses Ra Eun. The guys know how he feels, and they do anything they can to help Won Sik, but whatever they do doesn’t seem to be helping.

One day, Won Sik comes into work with a huge white bag in his hand. He first goes to Sung Yeol and gives Sung Yeol an electronic sketch pad.

“What is this,” Sung Yeol asks.

“A sketch pad,” Won Sik says.

“I know what it is, but why?”

“You’ve been working very hard for me all these years, and I haven’t been able to give you anything. This is my gift to you. Thank you for everything that you’ve done.”

“You’re welcome, but you didn’t have to.”

“I wanted to.”

Won Sik gives Dae Hyun and electronic measuring tape, Jin Young an electronic money counter, and Dong Jun a new pair of shoes.

“Thank you everyone for always sticking by my side,” Won Sik says. “I really appreciate it. I hope everyone continues to work hard.”

“Why are you talking as if we won’t see you ever again,” Jin Young asks.

“I’m just giving everyone a pep talk,” Won Sik says. “Thank you for being my friends. Thank you for putting up with me. I’m sure I gave everyone a lot of stress. Work hard.”

Won Sik leaves and goes to his office.

Everyone is looking at each other confused.

“We should keep an eye on Won Sik,” Dae Hyun says. “I don’t have a good feeling about this.”

“I agree,” Sung Yeol says. “He hasn't been feeling well, and now he’s acting like this. It’s very strange.”

When work is over, Won Sik heads straight home. When he’s in his apartment, he receives a phone call from Sung Yeol.

“Hello,” Won Sik asks into the phone.

“What are you doing,” Sung Yeol asks.

“I’m about to go to sleep.”

“Okay. Good night.”

“Night,” Won Sik says confused.

Won Sik hangs up and takes his phone with him into this bedroom. He tosses his phone on the bed. Then changes out of his suit. After that, he grabs some paper and a pencil and goes to the living room. He sets the paper on the coffee table and sits on the couch. Then, he starts writing.

“I may look okay,” he starts. “But I feel miserable on the inside. I can’t keep this up anymore. I feel weak. I know I should seek help, but I can’t do that. I already did once, and the procedure was awful. The outcome was great, but I only got hurt again. I’m writing this to let everyone know I’m sorry. I’m a disappointment. Goodbye.”

The next day, Won Sik skips breakfast. He leaves the note on the coffee table and leaves everything behind. The only thing he brings is himself. Won Sik slowly walks up to the rooftop.

 

Sung Yeol and the guys are at work. When they notice that Won Sik hasn’t come into work this morning, Sung Yeol starts calling his phone.

“Did he pick up,” Dae Hyun asks.

“No,” Sung Yeol says.

“What if something happened?”

“I’ll go check up on him. You round up the others and come right away.”

“Got it.”

“Call Ra Eun. I’m sure she can help.”

“Okay.”

Sung Yeol rushes over to Won Sik’s apartment. He knocks on the door, but Won Sik isn’t answering. He goes to the pot again and grabs the key to unlock the door. When Sung Yeol walks in, the house is cold and quiet.

“Won Sik,” Sung Yeol calls. He looks around the apartment, but Won Sik is nowhere in sight. Sung Yeol walks to the living room and sees the note Won Sik wrote. He reads it making his heart drop. Sung Yeol calls Dae Hyun and tells him what Won Sik is doing. “Come quickly!”

Sung Yeol runs out the door, and sees an elderly woman walking by.

“Ms,” Sung Yeol says. “Do you know where the friend who lives in apartment 203 went?”

“I saw him going up to the rooftop earlier,” the lady says.

“Thank you.”

Sung Yeol calls Dae Hyun again as he runs to the rooftop. When he reaches, he looks around. He runs and searches for Won Sik. When Sung Yeol sees Won Sik climbing to the edge of the roof, he screams for Won Sik and runs over to him. Sung Yeol pulls Won Sik down and pins him to the ground.

“Are you crazy,” Sung Yeol screams at Won Sik. “Why would you even think to do such a thing!”

“Let go of me,” Won Sik shouts back. He fights with Sung Yeol.

“No! Come to your senses! Why do you want to end your life!”

“Let go!”

Sung Yeol grabs Won Sik by his collar and pulls him up.

“Are you crazy,” Sung Yeol yells at Won Sik’s face. “You’re just going to leave everything behind because of one girl!”

“It’s not her,” Won Sik yells back. “It’s me!”

“Do I need to punch you to make you come back to your senses!”

“Punch me!”

Sung Yeol lifts up his fist and punches Won Sik on the jaw. He lets Won Sik go and stands up.

Won Sik is lying there. He’s breathing heavily, and then he laughs. Won Sik laughs uncontrollably, but he isn’t laughing, he’s crying.

Sung Yeol is watching him. He feels horrible for his friend. Won Sik is suffering again, and there is nothing Sung Yeol can do to help.

Dae Hyun and the others come running in. They watch as Won Sik is crying on the ground and Sung Yeol is watching him.

Sung Yeol sees them and shakes his head slowly.

They know that the shake is no good.

Ra Eun comes running in. “Where is he,” she asks breathless.

Dong Jun points to where Won Sik is.

She looks that direction and frowns upon the sight.

Won Sik sits up and wipes his tears away.

“I know I’m a disappointment,” Won Sik tells Sung Yeol. “I don’t deserve to live anymore.”

“What are you talking about,” Sung Yeol asks. He bends down to Won Sik’s level. “Everyone deserves to live. Let’s go home. We can go see Dr. Gyu again.”

Won Sik shakes his head. “I don’t want to.”

“Okay. We don’t have to, but let’s go home. Okay?”

Won Sik doesn’t say anything.

Sung Yeol helps Won Sik up and turns him around. Won Sik looks up to see all the guys there, and when his eyes meet Ra Eun, he pauses. Won Sik looks away, and Sung Yeol takes him down to his apartment. Everyone follows. Sung Yeol sits Won Sik on the couch.

“We’ll stay here with you,” Sung Yeol says.

Won Sik hugs his knees.

“I’ll leave,” Ra Eun says. “I don’t think I’m wanted here.”

“No,” Dong Jun stops her. “Stay.”

“I should go. I have some errands I need to do.”

Ra Eun leaves.

The guys sit around Won Sik and discuss what they need to do. The solution they come up with is to call Dr. Gyu again.

Dr. Gyu sets an appointment, and when the day comes, Sung Yeol drives Won Sik to the appointment.

Won Sik is lying on the couch again, and Dr. Gyu is sitting on his chair.

“I heard you tried taking your own life,” Dr. Gyu starts.

“Correct,” Won Sik replies.

“Why?”

“I just felt so lonely. Like no one was there for me.”

“Not even your friends?”

“They all have their own life to live. They can’t be with me forever and I stress them out, so I thought taking my own life would be the best for everyone.”

“What about that lady?”

“She’s married now.”

“I see.”

“Before all this, I tried coming to terms with reality. I did everything you taught me, but it wasn’t working. Losing her was like losing a big part of me. It’s been months since our break up, but I can’t seem to get her out of my head.”

“I see. You’re lovesick, and everything that has been happening to you is making you confused. You don’t want to take your life, you want her back.”

“I mean that would be nice, but what can I do? She’s married. Everything hurts, I just want to end everything.”

“Because you’ve been hurt before, you think that ending your life will be the right way, but trust me, there are so many more things you have to do. I heard your business is skyrocketing.”

“It is.”

“Instead of just thinking about one thing that you should be alive for, think of others. Your friends for example. They don’t want you to be dead. Your business. Who’s going to run it once you die?”

“My friends are capable of taking over the business.”

“But they have other work they must do. They’re assigned to do their work, and you were assign to do yours which is to be the boss. They can’t do your work since it wasn’t theirs in the first place.”

Won Sik nods his head.

“It’s going to be a long and thorny road,” Dr. Gyu says. “But we will definitely get through it.”

“Thank you, Dr. Gyu.”

“You’re welcome.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: It feels like it's been forever since I've updated! I'm very sorry if I kept you waiting. I'm actually really stressed right now, but I found the time to update for you guys. Thank you to my new subscribers! I really appreciate you guys!! Thank you to any one who is reading this! I appreciate you too! I hope you guys are enjoying this because tomorrow will be the last update. I know. Sad. Any who, I hope you guys enjoyed this update! ^^