Fifteen

Eternal Love

Three years have gone by, and the season is almost fall. Won Sik has gone through the therapy session. After many sessions and help from his friends, even his mom, Won Sik has recovered once again, but this time, Dr. Gyu tells Won Sik that his recovery is better than before. There is a slim chance of him having depression again.

Won Sik thanks him, and so does his mom.

Another month goes by. Won Sik is working day by day without any health issues. He doesn’t have negative thoughts anymore, and even if he does, he shakes the feeling off  

His friends are glad that he’s okay now.

Won Sik is in his office. He is typing away on his computer when he suddenly receives a phone call.

“Hello,” he says into the phone.

“This is Mr. Kim. Am I correct,” the female voice asks.

“This is him.”

“Mr. Kim, this is Wang Ji Hyeon from Pixel Pics magazine. I'm calling today to ask you if we can use your heels as our next item for our fashion magazine.”

“Pixel Pics magazine,” Won Sik tells himself. “That's the magazine Ra Eun works for.”

“Is it okay,” Ji Hyeon asks.

“That's fine with me,” Won Sik answers her. “But let's meet up, so you can tell me in details what you expect of me.”

“Great. Let's meet this evening at four.”

“Great. I'll come to your office.”

Won Sik hangs up and goes back to work. When the time comes, Won Sik drives to Pixel Pics magazine. He walks to the front desk and tells the lady there that he is here to meet Wang Ji Hyeon.

“Do you have an appointment with her,” the lady asks.

“I do,” Won Sik replies.

The lady walks him over to the elevator.

“She's on the sixth floor first door to the right,” the lady says.

“Thank you.” Won Sik walks into the elevator and presses the sixth button. The door closes and up he goes. When the elevator dings, the door opens. Won Sik walks out of the elevator and takes a right, but he bumps into someone.

“I'm so sorry,” the lady apologizes.

“Are you okay,” he asks her.

“I'm fine,” she says. She lifts her head, and he is surprised.

“Youn Mi,” he asks.

”Won Sik,” she asks.

“Hey,” he says smiling. “I haven’t seen you in such a long time.”

“I know,” she says. “Have you been well?”

“I’ve been worst.”

“Oh,” she says confused.

“How about you?”

“I’m fine. Busy.”

“I bet. Are you still with Joo Hyuk?”

“No. We broke up about four months ago.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. Life goes on. He’s not the last man on earth.”

“Way to think positive. Well, I have to get going. It was nice meeting you again.”

“Yeah.”

Won Sik walks to the first door on the right and knocks on the door.

“Come in,” Ji Hyeon says.

Won Sik walks in and closes the door behind him.

“Hello, Ms. Wang. I’m Kim Won Sik,” Won Sik says.

“I know who you are. My employee, Oh Ra Eun has talked a lot about you. She also featured some of your heels in our magazine.”

“I remember. I gave her permission.”

“Please sit,” Ms. Wang says as she stands up. She points to the couch in front of her desk.

Won Sik sits down, and Ms. Wang sits on the one person couch.

“Let’s get down to business,” Ms. Wang says. “I want your heels.”

“You’ve told me.”

They continue to talk and discuss the contract between them. Once they’ve come to an agreement, they sign the contract together.

“Pleasure to do business with you,” Ms. Wang says.

“The pleasure is mine,” Won Sik says. “Have a great evening.”

“You too.”

Won Sik walks out of the office and walks to the elevator. As he is waiting, someone bumps into him.

“I’m sorry, I can’t see where I’m going,” a female voice says.

Won Sik turns around to see a small woman carrying boxes that cover her face.

“It’s okay,” he replies. “Would you like some help?”

“Please? It’s very hard to see,” she says.

He takes two of the boxes leaving her with one.

“Thank you,” she says.

She looks up, and he looks down. They’re surprised to see each other.

“What are you doing here,” she asks him.

“I had a meeting with your boss,” he replies.

“Oh.”

“Where do you want these boxes,” he asks after a moment of silence.

“Oh. Follow me.”

She leads the way, and he follows. They don’t talk. It’s awkward between them.

“Have you been well,” he asks her.

“Yeah. You?”

“Fine.”

She opens the door wide.

“Come right in,” she tells him.

He follows her into the room.

“Just leave them beside the desk,” she informs him.

He does so.

“Thank you,” she says.

“You’re welcome, but why is a small woman like you carrying such heavy boxes,” he asks.

“There’s usually someone to help me, but they’re all out today.”

Won Sik nods his head.

“I have work to do,” she says.

“So this is your office,” he asks her.

“Yes.”

“It’s nice, but I’ll get going. You should work.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

He turns around to leave, but he stops and turns to face her again.

“Is there a time when you’re free,” he asks her.

“I’m not doing anything after work,” she says. “Do you need something?”

“I was wondering if you want to get dinner. You know to catch up. I’ll pay.”

“Sure.”

“Great. When do you get off? I’ll come pick you up.”

“It’s fine. Just tell me the place and time, and I’ll meet you there.”

“I’ll text you then.”

She nods her head, and he walks away.

When he is back in his office, he texts Ra Eun the time and place of where he wants to meet her. When the time comes, he goes to the place. Won Sik picks a table and waits for Ra Eun to come. When she does, he waves at her. Ra Eun walks over to him and sits down.

“Sorry,” she says. “I had some extra work to do.”

“It’s okay,” Won Sik says. “As long as you came.”

They order and soon their orders come, and they start to eat.

“It’s been so long,” Won Sik says. “What have you been doing?”

“Busy with work. You?”

“Same.”

“Are you two enjoying your dinner tonight,” the waiter asks them.

“We are,” Won Sik says. “Thank you.” He smiles at the waiter, and the waiter walks away.

“It seems you’ve recovered,” Ra Eun says. “You smile more now.”

“Yeah. I did recover.”

“That’s great. Is there a chance you’re going to get it again?”

“A very slim chance.”

“That’s great.”

Silence.

“How’s the married life,” Won Sik asks.

“I’m not married,” she replies.

“You’re not,” he asks shocked.

She shakes her head.

“Are you engaged to the man still,” he asks.

“No. I’m not engaged to anyone at the time.”

He nods his head.

“What about you,” she asks. “Are you dating anyone right now?”

“No,” he replies.

She nods her head.

“If you don’t mind me asking,” he starts, “How did you call off the wedding?”

“It wasn't me who called it off,” she starts. “He called the wedding off himself.”

“Why was that?”

“He didn't want to marry me after seeing the state that I was in.”

“What state?”

“After we broke up, I was always crying. I didn't want to do anything. I didn't want to eat, I didn't want to sleep. I barely got up to go to work. I was in a horrible state, so he called the wedding off.”

“How rude of him. Wouldn't he want to make you feel better if he truly loved you?”

“Well he obviously didn't love me enough.”

“Obviously. You're okay now right?”

“I'm fine. I went to therapy like you did. After lots of session and support from my parents, I managed to pull through.”

“That's great.”

“You know, the day I came to see you. The day you were going to take your life. You were in that state because of me right?”

“No. I was like that because of me. I don't blame you or anyone but myself.”

Won Sik takes a bite from his dinner. Ra Eun does so too.

“Since the wedding was called off,” Won Sik starts. “Why didn't you contact me?”

“My parents were always on my tail,” Ra Eun replies. “They wouldn't let me leave their sight. I could barely go to work.”

“What made them trust you again?”

“When I stopped talking about you, and when I was in therapy. They believed I recovered, but I always thought about you. I would never say it aloud though.”

“From my experience, keeping your emotions in isn't good for you.”

“I don't keep it in. Only when I'm with my parents, when I'm with friends or with my therapy, you come up a lot.”

“So I still come up?”

She nods her head.

“This was always bothering me,” Won Sik says. “I know your excuse when you broke up with me wasn't true, so what's the real reason why you broke up with me?”

“He threatened me. He said he was going to ruin your business. I don't know how because I didn't ask, so in order to save you and your business, I broke up with you.”

“I see. How cruel.”

Silence.

“Won Sik,” she starts. “Should we date again?”

“Huh?”

“I miss you so much. I'm miserable without you. Though it doesn't seem like you're miserable without me.”

“That's not true. I was miserable withouth you. What about your parents? They'll never approve if me.”

“I'll beg them. I'll do whatever it takes to not lose you again.”

“Ra Eun, I'm happy that you're willing to risk everything for me, but it's not a good idea to go against your parents.”

“Not even if it means we'll be together?”

“I'm sorry.”

Won Sik pays for dinner, and they both part ways.

When Won Sik is at home, he takes a shower and changes into shorts and a white t shirt. Fall may be here, but the weather outside is hot. Even his apartment is hot. Opening the windows is not helping either, so he grabs his wallet and keys and heads to the nearest convenience store. There, he buys himself a popsicle. On the way out, he’s eating his ice cream. Since the store is so near by, he is walking home in his brown sandals. As he is walking, a lady bumps into him.

“I’m sorry,” he says.

She lifts her head.

“What are you doing here,” he asks.

“I was driving by,” she starts, “and I got thirsty, so I was going to buy myself a water bottle.”

He nods his head. “Are you okay? I didn’t bump into you too hard did I,” he asks.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about it.”

“That’s good. Well, be safe.”

He walks past her.

She turns around and looks at his silhouette walk away from her.

“Won Sik,” she calls.

He stops.

She runs over to him and hugs him from the back.

“One minute,” she says.

They stand there, until he unwraps her arms from him. He turns around and gently puts her arms down. Won Sik starts walking again.

“If you tell me that you don’t love me, I’ll give up on you,” she says. “But if you tell me that you still love me, I want us to start over.”

He stops again.

“Tell me,” she says. “So I can put an end to this.”

He turns around and looks at her.

“I don’t want to be greedy,” he starts. “I’m trying not to be greedy, but with you being like this, I don’t think I cannot not be greedy anymore. I love you, and I always have.”

She runs over to him and hugs him again. This time, he hugs her back.

“We’ll be in this together,” he says, “I’ll go ask your parents again. I’ll beg until they say yes.”

She buries her head in his chest.

“Look,” he says breaking the hug. “I want to continue, but my ice cream is also melting.”

“Oh. I’m sorry.”

“No. I just didn’t want it in your hair.”

She laughs, and so does he.

“I should get going actually. My parents will be worried about me,” she says.

“Do you still want your water?”

“Yeah. I do.”

“I’ll go get it for you.”

“Let’s go together.”

And so they do. Won Sik sends her off, and he heads home. As he is walking, he jumps and punches the air. He screams in happiness and runs home.

When Won Sik and Ra Eun goes ask for her parents permission, it takes them awhile, but they eventually receive their permission. Her parents didn’t want Ra Eun to be in a bad state anymore. That’s the only reason why they said yes.

Won Sik and Ra Eun are more than happy.

They also go visit Won Sik’s mother. She didn’t care much, but she also gave them her permission and her blessing which makes everything better.

They’ve gone through a lot, but with the help of each other and others, they overcame everything and proposed eternal love for each other.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Done!!!! How was it? Leave your thoughts in the comment section below!

It's finally over! I know some of the things that I wrote isn't very accurate when it comes to depression, but I did my best to research about depression. If I was wrong about anything, I apologize. I'm sorry. Plus, if anything offended you guys, I'm also sorry. Like I stated before, I wrote this story for joy and entertainment only. I had nothing else in mind.

Thank you so much to those who stood by me and read this story. I know there's not a lot of followers for this story, but because of this small audience, I managed to finish this story. Thank you so much! I love each and everyone of you! *HUG* Until next time. Enjoy everything to its fullest!!! BYE!!!