That Day (Part 3)

A Thousand Reasons To Not Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That Day (Part 3) - Nothing Is Like We Expect It To Be


 

Seulgi and Wendy, the both of them continued their search but each one in their own different way, Seulgi reached to the point to be frustrated because there were a lot of people and no matter how tall joy was, she could not find her, she was about to give up and just wait till all the people were gone, to be able to finally find her, but exactly in that moment when she was about to give up, she heard a scream, a weird scream of a very peculiar person “1 STAR IS PRETTY! 2 STARS ARE PRETTY!...” (Isn't that joy? Drunk joy?) Seulgi recognized the scream of the weird woman who was pointing to the sky and started searching from where that scream came.

 

When seulgi discovered from where that scream came, she found a very drunk lady who was asleep above a black bench, she had found joy but in not the best state she would have wanted to find her, seulgi knew joy wasn’t a very good drinker but joy cared of herself, joy knew her limits, so seulgi felt worried in the state she had find her, she felt a percent of culprit.

 

(What’s wrong sooyoung?) Seulgi thought while looking at joy, who was still sleeping, she approached her and tried to wake her up, because wendy was “still” waiting, that’s what seulgi thought.

 

“Joy.. wake up” seulgi said in a low tone, she was squatting while looking at her infront the bench “We need to go, wendy is waiting and it’s already very late”

 

“...... yau...go..jfisastk” some weird noises come out from joy’s mouth, she was still sleeping and drunk.

 

“Sooyoung-ah…. We need to go”

 

“Lea..ve me..alone.. wendy-ah”

 

“I’m not wendy, joy, I’m seulgi...stop saying nonsense and stand up please” seulgi said and helped joy to stand up from her sleeping position, she was now seated on the bench and seulgi sit down at her side.
 

“Wendy, why are you here?” Joy said while trying to rub her own eyes but was still “sleepydrunk”

 

“I’m not wendy joy..ah...c’mon! I’m seulgi!”

 

“Wendy I want to tell you something *hiccup* but...but hehehe pls don’t tell seulgi…. Wo...ok..ay?”

 

“Joy I already told you... I’m not….”
 

“I love you” Joy said while looking at seulgi, her drunk self hold seulgi’s wrist to pull her closer, she put her other hand on her face, “I have always loved you” alcohol had made joy forget everything, people say that alcohol sometimes lets the hidden feelings of people come out and for once joy was being honest, but she didn’t knew the person in front of her wasn't the one who she needed to be, without thinking, she let all her hidden feelings go out, and before she could withdraw her mind from its far places, she kissed seulgi, she kissed her once, and very softly.


 

Her insistent mouth was parting her shaking lips, sending wild tremors along her nerves, evoking from her sensations she had never known she was capable of feeling. But this didn’t last long, because seulgi stepped back, she never thought that this would  happen, she was shocked for various reasons, one because joy had kissed her while thinking of another person, two because of the words that she had listened, and three, maybe the biggest reason to be like that, because the real owner of those words and marked lips was just in front of them.


 

“WENDY! WAIT!” seulgi said after she saw wendy run away, she stood up of the bench and without saying a single word to joy, she started chasing wendy, the little girl started running non-stop and seulgi didn't knew the reason behind wendy's reaction, she only knew and could never forget the look wendy had in her eyes before she went away, she didn’t knew if it was a look of disappointment, a look of discomfort, a look of sadness… maybe wendy’s heart was broken, seulgi didn't knew…..but she knew hers was.




 

---




 

Wendy couldn't believe what she was seeing, her heart broke down in a thousand pieces, she was supposed to had fun that night but the several different events made it different, they made it worst, it was a night to never forget she had found her two best friends kissing in a bench and Joy’s words to seulgi /“I love you, I have always loved you”/ were the last thing wendy didn't knew she needed to finally accept what she felt, and make that the first and only reason to not love her.


 

One second she was searching for joy & seulgi, and in the other one she was running away from them, she didn't wanted to know nothing, she only needed to stay away, and have time to think, her heart was broken, it was sad.


 

With a lot of tears falling down her face she continued running, she didn’t know to where she was running, but wendy was running, and so fast, so damn fast that she didn’t saw the car coming when she was crossing the street that had the green light on.


 

Distance was all that mattered. She lost the opportunity to evade a newly broken-down car with its lights off and in that dark, cold, and windy day, wendy got hit by the car. Even if she'd been paying attention it would have been hard to ignore it, she was in her own thoughts, destiny wanted it this way and it was it’s worst, she barely had time to scream during the moment of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter