The Sense of Time

A Thousand Reasons To Not Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Sense of Time

 

 

This was just the start of what it seemed to be a very hard week. Wendy ended working with Joy in the presentation of her favorite subject and everything because Sejeong was absent that day.

The younger girl had told Wendy that she was so tired from the intense week and as a result she wasn't feeling very well so without much thinking easily decided to skip class that afternoon.

 

Message after message all of Wendy's remained unresponded, mere because Sejeong slept the whole afternoon and the smart girl had put her phone on airplane mode.

With that, there wasn't more questions to ask. Wendy had to practice a whole week with what was supposed to be her old best friend, her old (not) love.

"Wendy, so.... what story did we got?" Joy said while giving a look at the concerned Wendy who was in front of her, even if she tried to make seem that they don't knew each other and tried to tell the other one some ugly jokes just to fix the mood. Joy knew it was going to still be so awkward but there was nothing to be done. Just time will let it be.

"I don't know…”  Wendy grabbed the pieces of paper who were handled to her and started examining it

 

“I really don't know from where this script comes"

"Eh? Let me take a look" Joy said and held the script, the piece of paper said the following.

_________________

Genre: Dramatic Novel

Title: "The time we spent doing things wrong"

Autor: Unknown XIV

Scene: #31 - Winter Cold Street

Description: Actor A runs in the street following Actor B, full of emotion confronts Actor A the latter responds back, a very emotional scene of deep apology develops.

___________________________________________________

A: "Hey___What's wrong with you?"

B: "Leave me alone"

A: "Why are you like that? Is it because of the coffee I dropped in the morning? I already said I'm sorry”

 

B: “I said. leave. me. alone.”

 

A: “But why?”___ took deep breaths as___ saw the other one walking away “Explain me! Don't go just like that!”

 

                                          [....]

 

                                  Page 1 of 3

 

__________________________________________________


 

 

Silence, was the thing that remained after Joy read.

 

“I also don't know the story”

 

“Well it doesn't matter, we still need to work with it regardless if we know it or not”

 

“True…” Joy said and handled the pieces of paper back to Wendy.

 

“So…” Wendy caughted “Do you want to be Actor A or B?”

 

 

 


 

----


 

 

 

 

The days started to run, and with that Wendy's birthday was getting closer. It was finally Friday. The night Seulgi was throwing the little part for two. Seulgi had been preparing this special event for previously 2 weeks and keeping that a secret from her roommate was a great achievement. Not forget to mention the gift who ended being a project, but that was not a project.

 

As the days passed she still couldn't contact nor knew something about her missing coworker, and for some reason that worried her a little. But all she could do was wait. The weekend was closer anyways.

 

That morning, before the smaller one had left. Seulgi told Wendy that she needed her to come early and without much questioning Wendy agreed. “Okay, see you later Seulgi! I will arrive early. I promise.”


 

In the other hand, as days passed. Wendy started to see that it wasn't “that” bad to see Joy again. It was still bad, because her own reasons but it wasn't “that” bad as she had thought.  Of one thing she was sure and that was that the script they got wasn't helping that much. Since the day they received the script both decided to separate each others parts and study them separately, both come to that great conclusion. They agreeded that the only day they were going to actually practice together was on Friday and maybe Saturday.


 

So as it was Friday that meant, their practice day. For some reason that day Wendy arrived to the classroom very early, she stepped on the last part of the stairway and looked at the classroom who had its door open. Without minding it much she entered. “Let’s go. Last class.” she said.

 

Wendy walked till the corner of the classroom who was hidden by a bookshelf. She dropped her backpack, took out her headphones and started listening to music. Wendy knew she was going to wait till everyone arrived because after seeing the hour on her cellphone it was indeed very early. 4:40 waiting 20 minutes wasn't that much so there was nothing better than listening to music to kill time.

 

One song, two songs, three songs...Wendy started to feel sleepy. Four songs and by the fifth song Wendy was already asleep, no one said being a student was easy.

 

---

 

In the multitude of people, there was Joy running fast from the other side of the campus, she knew she was arriving late.

 

“I need to stop with my bad habit”

 

Opened the front door of the big building, climbed all the stairs up until the last floor. Arrived breathless and began to heavily take air she started looking to the front of the door. She had ran so fast and had climbed all the stairs to reach the classroom that she was tired. After taking some air Joy got surprised for what she found pasted outside the door, there was a little note said the following.


 

_________

 

Dear students from class 5-7 pm

 

I apologize but I want to inform you all that the class today is canceled due to an special schedule I have. Nonetheless we will resume on Monday with your presentations, if there is any doubt don't forget to email me.

 

-Teacher Lee

 

_________________



 

Joy got mixed emotions by the sudden news, at first she was happy because there was no class which meant she could be back to the dorm and rest, but then she got sad because that meant she wasn't seeing Wendy that day.

 

Earlier during the week Joy had bought a gift for Wendy since she knew her birthday was approaching. The gift was a small necklace with the initial S (from Seungwan but at the same time with double meaning as Soo-young) She had bought it but still didn't know if it was the best to give it to her. Joy thought that maybe it was okay and that she could give it to Wendy on Friday but after the following events, now that wasn't even an option.

 

After reading the Note in the classroom’s door. Joy proceeded to leave, she hold the handle to close the door of the classroom, door who was half opened but by her surprise when she took a look before closing it. She got to see someone's feets.

 

Joy ended entering the classroom, because leaving someone inside who may have thought that there was going to be class today was something not so pretty cool. When she entered Joy find a very sleepy Seungwan who it seemed to be still listening to music with her long playlists of songs.

 

Joy slowly approached Wendy, and sit down in front of her. She wondered how she ended up there but knowing how Wendy is, she must have ignored the Note from the teacher.

 

(You… Loser…Pretty Loser)

 

Joy stared at the sleepy seungwan and decided to remain like that for just some more minutes. It has been a while since she has looked at her so calm like this.

 

(Nothing will happen if i left her sleep some more minutes, right?)

 

In the meantime, Joy took out the script and began to practice again.



 

 

 

-----


 

 

 

/6 hours till Noon - Wendy's Birthday/


 

The monolid girl arrived to the dorms area, she was in a very good mood. Everything she planned was going just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter