Make a Wish

A Thousand Reasons To Not Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Make a Wish

 

Joy never thought that she was going to see Wendy or Seulgi ever again. It never passed through her mind that she was going to end up seeing  Wendy at a convenience store or even getting coffee from the same shop Seulgi worked in. She missed them the most and they were so important for her, but it was something she thought it couldn’t be fixed. It wasn’t possible.

 

Joy transferred from her other school because she didn’t felt right studying there, she didn't felt that what she was studying was the best for her. She wanted to pursue her own dreams and the university of dane had what she needed to do it, her dream was to become an actress, and one of the best ones.

 

During the past, Wendy and Seulgi always told her she was capable of doing that, but she never got the necessary courage to fully pursue her own dream. A big reason was that Joy only listened to what her family told her and she without doubt believed in what they thought was best for her.


 

---


 

After ending her first semester of architecture in her previous university. Joy found herself walking back home after finishing the last day of classes.

 

In her way home, there was this big street full of little stores. The stores where full of interesting stuff, there even was an ice cream shop, in which she did a stop to bought one ice cream cone, of vanilla ice cream which was her favorite.

 

After she come out of the shop, she continued and with very calm steps Joy started to look through the windows of each store. It was a time for herself, she had no more rush for projects, or homeworks, she could have this time, she was going home anyways.

 

She continued looking through the windows of the stores, until she stopped there in the most little shop of the whole street. That shop had a big tree inside, the tree catched Joy’s attention because  how can tree be inside a store and also by the fact the tree had hanging spheres all around it. Spheres which were filled with little pieces of paper, the tree was very similar like a christmas tree but with the difference that this one didn't had leaves on, it only had big branches with little purple flowers.

 

Joy entered the store and approached the tree, she ended being mesmerized because the tree was way bigger than when she saw it outside.

 

She continued looking through all of it and when she reached the other side she found out that there in the trunk of the tree there was a small sign who said: “Took one, make a wish, ask a question & inside you will find the answer"

 

After reading, Joy found herself confused, intrigued, so she decided to ask the owner of the little shop, what was this about.

 

“Hello.. excuse me. What are these spheres that are hanging on the tree’s branches?”

 

“Oh Hi there! So you are looking a the tree of faith?”

 

“Tree of faith???” Joy said more confused than what she was already.

 

“Yeah, let me tell you a little story. Long time ago when there were no stores in this street and there wasn’t even pavement, this whole place used to be a big forest, well not that big, but there were alot of plants. After the construction companies and architects decided to make of this place an urban area to follow with the city’s expansion, they chopped and cleaned everything…”

 

“But...but what does all these has to do with the tree?”

 

“Wait! let me continue...you want to know right?”

 

“Yes...em I’m sorry”

 

“Well as I was saying… they chopped everything that this not that big forest had and with that, they made from this place a plain area. The construction started and in this exact same place. A tree started to grow”

 

“And they just let them grow here?”

 

“No, they chopped it again and after, they continued the construction as if it was nothing. They putted pavement and….guess what?”

 

“The tree…. grew again?”

 

“Exactly! The tree grew again but my father, the first owner of the store, chopped it again…”

 

“No way….so it grew again?!!!”

 

“Yeah hahaha it grew again! and my mother told my father that nature works in unexpected ways. Similar to love. So together they decided to just let the tree grow inside the store. After researching a little of  which was this type of tree we found out that this type is known for bringing luck to people. So we keep it!”

 

“Whoaa! but why is it called the tree of faith? It shouldn't have been called the tree of luck?”

 

“Hahaha no! it's called the tree of faith because you need to have faith for your wish to come true, and to believe what is inside of each sphere!”

 

“Ahhh now i get it, it's a cool story and…. does all this really works? I mean...you are not scamming me?”

 

“Hahaha why everyone thinks we are scamming them?! It’s really a true story and there have been several people that had come back to thank us, so we kinda have faith on the tree… i mean it was cutted several times but after everything it's still here”

 

“Ah sorry i didn't knew that? M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter