Un-locked

A Thousand Reasons To Not Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 10 - Un-locked



 

The clock was ticking, and it's intention was not to stop. Both girls keep up with the discussion of what to do or who to call.
 


"Ah c’mon Joy.... Really? Miss Park?"
 


"I told you I'm still in the process of making friends... maybe she can-"
 


"No. Don't call her." Fastly Wendy responded, cutting what the other girl was about to say.
 

 


"But-"


 

(But you can’t pass your birthday day here wan…)
 


"No. We can wait, there is no need to worry her, and also she is still so far away from here. So... No"


 

“ugh...okay.”


 

There was silence, one of those silences you need, to clear your mind and think properly.



 

“Wendy… don't you know Seulgi phone number?”



 

In this case it was the most reasonable thing for her to know it. Wendy should knew Seulgi’s phone number. They were the best friends of life, they did everything together, lived together, were most of the time together. It made sense. But…



 

“Sadly no… I hardly know my dad's number, I'm not so good with remembering numbers you know…”



 

“Right. Right…”



 

“and you Sooyoung?”



 

“Neither I…. After some time passed we lost contact and I changed phones. So…”



 

“Oh…” Wendy left a big sigh go, she closed her eyes and continued seated down against the closed door. She knew to were all this was going.
 

 


Their options were flying with the time and the only possible one right now was to wait. They needed to wait the whole night till next morning until the security guards opened the building and the cleaning ladies came to clean the classrooms. With their luck the big but no so empty classroom was the only one of the building who had a bathroom, it wasn't much but it wa the essential, just in case of.
 

 


"Joy"
 

 


"Mmm?" Joy made a sound as a response while still having her eyes closed and resting herself against the door in the cold floor.
 

 


"Do you have food?"
 

 


Joy just laughed back, in the middle of the small crisis they were facing, the smaller girl was thinking of food.
 

 


"Maybe it's our lucky day, because I do" Sooyoung said after remembering she had packed some extra pieces of granola bars and some chips, back earlier in the morning.
 

 


"Lucky?"
 

 


"Well... I-  you-..."
 

 


"I know what you mean Sooyoung." Wendy quietly laugh.
 

 


"At least we ain't going to starve."
 


 

“Positive thing…”



 


(At least we are together)
 



 


---
 

 



Seulgi was alone.


 

Alone in the dorm.


 

Seulgi thought that there could have happened two things:


 

1. Wendy's friends surprisingly celebrated her birthday and she wasn't invited (which couldn't be actually an option since Wendy would definitely call her to come if that was the case)


 

Or


 

2. She fell asleep in the library studying, since she remembered exams were coming next week and she is the type of "I ain't giving up in this subject, I would study all day, all night if I have to!" and as a result of this, she forgot about her phone.



 

Wendy is smart but there is always that one subject that makes our time in school hard. Seulgi thought that the second option could be more possible because one time she didn't come back and it was because of the mere reason. It had already happened in the past.
 

 


Wendy not coming to the dorm for sure worried Seulgi but it would be very risky of her to go out that late to search for her. She thought that there must be an obvious reason of her absence and that even if she was sad because her surprise party wasn't happening, she had to at least believe Wendy was okay wherever she was.
 

 


The red clock above Wendy's desk marked "12:00" It made a sound as it changed the day.
 

 


Seulgi, who remained seated down above her own bed with her back against the cold wall, still having the birthday party hat on, continued to look on it's direction.
 


"Happy Birthday Wan." The girl said.
 


Slowly, Seulgi stand up an started to remove the things. One by one. First, the cake. Which remained above the little table for two, with the candle unlighted. Second, the balloons and all the decorations. Third, the gift that made her do a lot of great effort to hide it from Wendy and lastly after finishing. She laid down on her bed, facing the ceiling.
 

 


"Happy Birthday Seungwan. I-... Love…” Seulgi said as one tear left her eye and go falling through her cheek as she fall asleep.



The lights were off.



 


---
 


 


"Okay I'm bored, entertaining me Sooyoung."
 


"Excuse me?! Do you think I'm a clown or something?"



"Mmm I didn't thought of the idea but now that I think of it mmm" Wendy jokingly said.
 


"Idea?! Come here you little.” Joy said and stand up fastly.
 

 


"Little?"
 

 


Joy started chasing Wendy, they were joking about each other, they ran through the entire room playing, passing a good time in a while, a time the both didn't saw coming, not even near.
 


Wendy's wound was still unhealed, her heart reminded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter