7. GUILTY

ONE World

CHAPTER SEVEN

 


Oh Yeon Joo stretch her arms and stared on her right side. Kang Chul is still not home. It has been a week since he went off. He left her alone and told her that he will come back soon. He told hher not to worry and should just rest. She’s been doing that for the last seven days and it have bored her to death. Oh Yeon Joo stretch once again and decided to do something different. 

She dress into a shirt and work-out pants and walk out of the bathroom. She tried to look for the book that Kang Chul bought for her when she came back in the W world. It is was a book that consist task of which they have  plan to do together. After an hour of her looking all over their bedroom, she found the book stowed in between a brochure of a hotel and a magazine about travel. She smiled and hug the book closer to her chest. She thought that it was already thrown off since Kang Chul have lost memory of her.  

Oh Yeon Joo went off the kitchen and sat on a chair. She browse over the contents of the book and smiled because the book marks are still there. She brush her hands over them and decided to show it to Kang Chul once he arrive. 

“Madame,” she look up and saw the head of the maids, Ms. Jang, staring at her, “what would you like to have for breakfast?” 

“Anything is fine.” Oh Yeon Joo answered, still busy with the book that she didn’t even realize that Ms. Jang is looking  over Yeon Joo’s shoulder. “Omo, would you like to do that?” she pointed at the page which Oh Yeon Joo have been pondering about. Oh Yeon Joo nodded and the maid took her hands, “Arasseo, I’ll make you some breakfast and teach you how to cook his favorites. “

The maid thought her how to cook Kang Chul’s  second favorite dish, dak bokkeum tang or spicy braised chicken. While they were cooking the chicken, Yeon Joo smile even more when Deo Yoon informed her that they might go home later this evening.

Oh Yeon Joo rush off to their bedroom right after she finish cooking. Ms. Jang shook her head at how Oh Yeon Joo acted. She was like a little kid. 

After she dress up, she sat down and waited, trying to entertain herself with the book Kang Chul have bought. Evening came and she was awaken by Ms. Jang. Oh Yeon Joo was not even aware that she have fallen asleep if the drool on her face was not enough of an indication. 

Then she ate without Chul for she was starving. She ate and ate. She was startled when the door suddenly closed making her bump her lip on the bowl. Kang Chul is back. She shoot daggers at his  direction but he wasn’t aware. Oh Yeon Joo resume to eat, but yelp as she felt pain on the cut on her lip. 

Kang Chul shook his head. He went off and get some balm and tried to put some on her lip but she told him to stop.

“Hajimma. Stop it...” But Kang Chul was as stubborn as her. He continue treating the cut on her lip. “I said stop it!” She glared at Kang Chul which made him stop.  “Why would you touch me? Why  make me feel sad? This is so upsetting.”

“Why would you get upset?” He ask her back, trying to snatch a chicken leg but she only glared at him. Her glare make him remember something from the past

*

It was Oh Yeon Joo. She was sitting , eating noodles just like now.
“I tried my best not to run into you for the past month. I sleep in the open for days, I stole things but I still never ask you for money. I wanted to stay out of your life, so why would you come out and act all caring and kind?” She swallowed before speaking once again.

“Yes I am married. Here is my wedding ring but I don’t have a husband. I don’t have anyone to ask for help…”

“How can you not have a husband if you are married?” Kang Chul was surprise to hear his own voice in his head. 

“He disappeared. He’s not dead, he just…disappeared. We didn’t even do much, we just did four little things. He disappeared after doing those four little things. Isn’t it funny? He did not even tell me that he loves me. This is really unfair…he doesn’t even recognize me. I do not know what I am doing here. I want to go home but I don’t know how. I don’t know anyone here. I don’t have any money. I, just leave me alone…”

*

“ I didn’t expect you to understand. Just leave me alone...” the future felt like an echo of the past. Same voice and same meaning. 

Kang Chul frowned. He did not expect that this will happen. He was supposed to be back a three nights ago but he got extended for a week in Busan. 

Oh Yeon Joo continue to eat. She couldn’t understand why she is acting so silly but him not remembering her open up the wounds from the past. Waiting for him, with no communication is like the repeat of those times. She hates it that he couldn’t remember her and hates it even more that she was like a responsibility to him.


 If he could just give more attention to her…it would feel much better, Yeon Joo thought. She hated that it felt like a repeat from their past. 

Oh Yeon Joo  stood up as she finish her meal. Kang Chul watch her as she made her way to their bedroom. He look at the braised chicken and ramyeon on the table before he turn his gaze at the closing door of their bedroom. With a sigh, he left the food and followed his wife to their room. 


He walk through the bedroom only to see it empty. How could this be? He was sure that she is just right here. Is he having a delusion right now? 

*


Oh Yeon Joo  couldn’t understand why she was transported in the real world. So Boong kept on asking questions as he pick her up from the side of the road but she was distracted. 

Oh Yeon Joo ask So Boong to take her to his father’s house. She  can’t register what is happening now and going there would probably help. So Boong told her that she was gone for only thirty minutes and he stayed there waiting in case she goes back. 

They reach her father’s home and she proceed to his father’s office. She sat down on his father’s seat and stared at his tablet, frowning.

All she could remember is that she was about to fall asleep right after her unpleasant discussion with Kang Chul but she was back. She was annoyed at herself about how she acted but she couldn’t control it, this may have confuse Kang Chul resulting to her going back. 


Jamkkan
 

If she was back in the real world then, 

Her hands touch her stomach. The slightly protruding flesh is gone. It was gone. Was the baby gone too? 

She couldn’t help but cry at this. No Kang Chul, not even a trace. And now, their baby. 


Oh Yeon Joo suddenly felt dizzy and realize the effects of her time skipping. She lean back on the chair and sigh as she succumbed into darkness.  

계속

 

Hello guys! So sorry if I've been away. It took me some time to upload a chapter again. I am so busy nowadays and I apologize for that. But I will try to upload more since I am back. Love ya!