4. CHASE

ONE World

Four
“President Kang…?” Park Seo Joon approached him as he stared at Oh Yeon Joo, her limp body lying on the white carpet, staining it with her blood. “We need to get her to the hospital. She—” Kang Chul did not give Seo Joon a chance to finish his sentence as he passed the gun to him. 

With his eyebrows furrowed, Kang Chul slowly lift Oh Yeon Joo to his arms and was surprised at how light she is. He was also amused at how it felt so natural to him like he have done this action so many times before. Shaking his head, he walk out of the threshold and to the elevator. Park Seo Joon followed behind Kang Chul, pressing the button for the parking lot. 


“President Kang, you might strain yourself. Let me do that for you,”  Park Seo Joon offered but Kang Chul only shake his head, a determined expression painted on his face. Kang Chul was thinking about his actions and how he acted so dumb. Why did he press the trigger and why did he lash out on her like that? It wasn’t like him at all. He tend to compose himself in front of people and had never lash out like that.

‘What is it with this girl making me act like I am a different person?’ He thought to himself as he stared at the woman on his arms. 

He tucked her stray hair unconsciously making him frown to himself. This is odd. Really odd. The opening door of the elevator momentarily distracted him from his internal thoughts. He watch as Seo Joon unlocked the car. Kang Chul lean down and entered the car, making sure to protect Oh Yeon Joo’s head as he sat down. 

Her blood dripped on his shirt but he couldn’t care less. He was focused on the gash that was on her arm. It was bleeding profusely and he hated the fact that she was hurt because of him. 

It brought a bitter taste in his mouth as he looks at her. It is true that he doesn’t know her. It was his first time to see Oh Yeon Joo but why does it seem like his heart beats unevenly when he looks at her? Like she was someone that he knows in a past memory..

“President Kang, we are here.” Seo Joon’s voice cut his thoughts. Kang Chul opened the door with his bloody hands while his other hand support Oh Yeon Joo. Two nurses carried a stretcher towards them and Kang Chul settled Oh Yeon Joo. She stirred a little before she drifted off again. 

Kang Chul held her hand on his before letting go, watching as they wheeled her away. Seo Joon stared at his boss, Kang Chul momentarily wiped the tear on the side of his face laughing at how silly he felt about crying on aa girl he doesn’t even know. 

Kang Chul opened the door of the car and got in without saying anything to Seo Joon. Kang Chul  though again and again. Oh Yeon Joo- he has only her name and he was determined of knowing who she really was in his life that made him feel vulnerable. 

Doctor Go checked Oh Yeon Joo’s pulse as soon as they got her inside the emergency room. The two nurses, Kim Soon and Park Hyo Jun,  stood idly, both with worried faces. They have gone  back at the parking lot to inform the man who had brought the injured lady that they needed information about the lady but the man was gone.

Doctor Go leaned closer towards Oh Yeon Joo, pressing a bit harder on her wrist as she angled her stethoscope. “Oh geez.”

 “Mo?” Hyo Jun asked as he prepared the things they will need for the operation. 

“She is pregnant. We can’t use anesthesia on her, that could kill the baby.”

“Then, how are you going to proceed with the operation?” Kim Soon asked, her hands suspended on the air as she prepared the IV. 

Doctor Go checked Oh Yeon Joo’s wound and smiled at the two nurses. “It is light. I could stitch it right away and put more antiseptic to protect it from infection. Kim Soon-ah, this will not take more than an hour, make sure to fix a bed for her at the recovery room.”

“Okay.” Kim Soon left the room as Park Hyo Jun made his way towards Doctor Go. “It really amaze me how you do all this. Daebak!” 

Doctor Go brush his hand away as she continue on tending Oh Yeon Joo’s wound. “Instead of flattering me, can you get me an ice pack? It seems that she hit the back of her head, she might have fallen. Geez.” Doctor Go looked up only to realise that she doesn’t have any company. With a sigh, she locked the stitch, wiped it with antiseptic and cover it with gauze. 

She was about to clean her hands when suddenly, Park Hyo Jun and Kim Soon returned back from the errands ordered by Doctor Go. 

“I have prepared her bed.”

“Here is the ice pack you requested.”

The both of them spoke at the same time making Doctor Go, smile. “Okay then, let’s bring her to the recovery room.”

They wheeled her up to the fifth floor and as they pass, a doctor abruptly stopped. Park Min Soo (crazy dog) can’t believe it as he stared at an unconscious Oh Yeon Joo, passing by the hallway. 

He followed the doctor and nurses but as they round the corner, they disappeared. 


Is he being delusional now? Geez, he should really stop reading W but he can’t help it. He was distracted when his phone buzzed. A new episode had been uploaded again. 

The minutes turned into hours, and the hours turned into a day and soon, Oh Yeon Joo woke up from her deep slumber. She thought she was still back in the real world—feeling sore and stiff because she fell asleep on her chair again. Though as she pull herself up, she realize how her left shoulder stings,  she ran her hand along the bandage that is now covering the wound. 

A wound that is given by her husband. 

Her lips trembled as she remembered the incident. How could he do that to her after seeing her for a long time? Why doesn’t he know her? Was it possible that he have forgotten her? And why is he not here, with her , waiting for her to wake up?

This questions remain unanswered as she settled back down on the bed, staring around her as patients like her were cared for by their loved ones.

She bit her lip as she watch them eat. She was hungry. They have served her oats awhile ago though she couldn’t help but feel sick. She wanted to eat something sweet and cold to , she craved something that is spicy and cheesy enough but then she remembered, she doesn’t have work, nor money in this world. 

“I am hungry. I am really really hungry. When will he come back for me? Shall I keep on waiting for him?” She whispered to herself, trying to hide the tears that is leaking on her eyes. 

Oh Yeon Joo is tired of this all. He won’t be coming for her so she will go to him. She waited until the lunch hours is on before she sneaked inside one of the dormitories of the doctors. She got herself a lab gown and a fake id. With no doubts, the security let her out of the hospital. 

On that moment, Dr. Go returned after her lunch feeling quite anxious. She went inside the recovery room and she was right about her feeling. Oh Yeon Joo was gone.

“Where is she? We need to find her. She is supposed to rest, her baby might not make it!”

Doctor Go ordered the nurses to look for Oh Yeon Jok. She should have told Oh Yeon Joo on why she insisted to keep her at rest and to make her eat healthy foods. She was concerned about Oh Yeon Joo and the baby. 

With a sigh, she sat on the bed and hoped that Oh Yeon Joo will be found, safe and sound.

계속