5. WHAT

ONE World

Five

Oh Yeon Joo headed for Kang Chul’s office this time having learned her lesson not to go to his penthouse. She requested for the guards to let her inside but they refuse, telling her that Kang Chul isn’t there and that he was attending an important meeting outside of the country.   

Doubtful and disappointed, Oh Yeon Joo decides to be more stubborn than ever, sitting in front of the doors.
 
The sun is slowly sinking and the early stars are now twinkling. It starts to get colder and soon the lights are out in the office as the employees went back home. She waited for Kang Chul’s car to passed by but she didn’t see it no matter how she scrutinized every car. 

With a sigh, she thought of how cold the pavement is, the air much so. The employees are throwing her some weird looks, laughing at how pathetic she was. Although she wanted to cry then and there, she thought of how Kang Chul would react if he sees her crying. She doesn’t want to worry him.

She hug herself close, feeling the fabric cling to her skin as she hold at it tightly. The sky lightly rumbled and soon, rain was falling down on her. The temperature is dropping rapidly and she was very cold. 

When will he arrive? She thought to herself. She felt dizzy and soon enough, she was lying on the ground unconscious. 


But before she even collapse on the cold, hard floor, a hand was already there to catch her head. 

Kang Chul originally planned to get married at the age of thirty five. He did not expect for him to find himself someone worthy of marrying, much so for loving. 

Though as he stared down at the face of the woman he have shot a week ago, he thought of how ridiculous he must have been a couple of years ago.


He couldn’t believe that the woman he is holding now was his wife. He wouldn’t believe if there is no proof but it was recorded then and there at their marriage contract. He has been confused. He doesn’t remember marrying her. He doesn’t even know if he love her. 

Though it was there, a proof, that he was tied down with this woman. 

He wanted so bad to make the contract void, to divorce her but then something stirs on his heart every time he looks at her. He’s been at the hospital everyday except yesterday and today,  watching her as she make face every time that they handed out her food. He take it that she doesn’t like the taste. 

He wanted so much to confront her, to make her tell about their marriage. Was it happy? Were they in love? Why can’t he remember marrying her, then?

He took days off work, and gone overseas to make up his mind but found out too soon that she have eluded the hospital and has decided to camp out of their office doors. Kang Chul hated that his employees did not even make her go inside and wait for him. He hated that it took him a couple hours to arrive and to see her like this, makes him go crazy. 

With a sigh, he pulled her up from the floor and carry her towards the waiting car. He doesn’t care if his suit was now dripping because of Oh Yeon Joo’s clothes that is wet because of the rain. She is so cold and trembling but he couldn’t bring her to the hospital. 

The paparazzi might find out about her and go mental. He can't make another problem again.

“Call Dr. Go right now, tell her I need her back at my penthouse.” Kang Chul ordered Seo Joon as he sat down on the leather seat.  

“Yes, President Kang” and with that, they are off. 


Dr. Go was shocked to see the patient they were looking for is right here at Kang Chul’s penthouse. 

“Chul-ah…”

“Cheon-ah just treat her now. Don’t make my headache worse, please.” Kang Chul pleaded with his friend as he sat across them. 

He have wrapped Oh Yeon Joo on his bathrobe and comforter, hoping that she will get warmer though her lips are still a bit blue. 

Dr. Go Cheon sighed. She ordered them to get a towel and warm water on a basin. It took her ten minutes to warm Oh Yeon Joo, another thirty to calm her trembling. 

“Chul-ah, I have something to tell you.” 

“If it’s about Seo Do-Yoon, I don’t know where he is. He doesn’t tell me about it, I swear.” Kang Chul massage his head while Cheon blushed. “No, it is not about him.”

“Then what? Come on tell me, stop mumbling…” Kang Chul kick his shoes off and settled more comfortably on his chair. 

“Is she, is she really your wife?”

“Yes.” Kang Chul look at Dr. Go in the eye before he shifted his gaze towards Oh Yeon Joo. “I do not know how and I do not know why but she is. She is really my wife.” He stood from his seat and headed to open his balcony. 

“Then you should really take care of her.” Dr. Go blurted out making Kang Chul turn towards her. “Wae?”

“You should take care of her because she is pregnant…”


He couldn’t speak. He was frozen right there, looking at Cheon, not believing his own ears, “Mo? What did you say?”

“She is pregnant, Chul-ah. I am putting her on bed rest. Please take care of her and don’t make her stress out.” Cheon packed her things and stood near Chul. “ I will process her release from the hospital. I’ll go now…” she pat his shoulders and went off, leaving a dazed Kang Chul.

계속