16. CULPRIT

ONE World

Sixteen

“Dangsin, nugu ya?” (who are you)

Chul was holding the phone tightly, his hands shaking. 


“Well, I am the son of the man whom you butchered in his own office. 

“Shibalnom-a…”

“Dakchyo,” the man from the other line laugh hysterically before continuing,” I know what you know and I won’t hesitate to do whatever I could  do to bring you down.”

The line went dead. Chul remain seated there, his hands gripping the phone tightly. He breathe in and out, counting one to ten. He wouldn’t want  Yeon  Joo to be worried. 


After he had compose himself, Yeon Joo went out of the bathroom with a towel on her head and a robe. “Dry my hair?” She ask sweetly towards her husband. He nodded his head and followed her inside their closet. 

Yeon Joo sat there, leaning her back on her husband as he dried her hair. She was curious of why he looks so occupied. Did something happened? She wanted to voice her concern instead she held his hand on hers and smile, “You know that I am always here for you no matter what, right?”


Chul look at her eyes and smiled before leaning in for a kiss. “I know.” He whispered before saying, “Shall we go shop for the twins? “ Yeon Joo nodded at his suggestion which made him smile, continuing his job once again. 


Yeon Joo shrugged and lean against Chul only to be surprised. So Hee was seating at the living room. Her legs crossed and her eyes staring intently at Chul. The green monster loomed over Yeon Joo making her want to punch the living daylights out of So Hee. Geez. 

 “I forgot something. I’ll be right back,” Chul lean down to kiss her.  Though she did not respond  considering that she was busy glaring at So Hee. The just won’t back down. 

Gathering all confidence that she could muster, Yeon Joo walk towards her. So Hee stood which only dwarfed Yeon Joo. So what if she is tall? Yeon Joo straighten up and put her hands just below her waist. 


“See this bump?” So Hee stared at her as if she only realize Yeon Joo’s presence now. “This is where our babies settle for now. Yes babies, we are having twins.” So Hee’s eyes widen but Yeon Joo continued, “In just a few months, my husband will be so busy changing the diapers that he won’t even bother with these petty little dramas you make up.” So Hee blushed at that and tuck a strand of hair on her ear. “ It’s not drama. I really need to—"

“ I don’t care. He is my husband and I am his wife. We are going to be a family. I want you to know and remember that.” Yeon Joo lean close to her and said in a low voice. “And if I see you trying to poke your nose inside our family again, I won’t hesitate to do something. I  will only  make you wish you could do a plastic surgery on it.” Her words are very lethal that she herself is having goosebumps. 

The both of them are flushed when Chul return back from the bedroom. He raised an eyebrow at the both of them before saying to So Hee. “She mean every word she said to you and I vouch my life for that.” He smiled before guiding a still red but proud Yeon Joo out of the penthouse. 


“Blue is so ironic for a boy, why don’t we chose green?” Yeon Joo offered but Chul is set towards it. He shook his head and smiled at her as he swipe his card. “Sold, baby. Next item, you will choose.”


“And the next after that. And the next also.” Yeon Joo compromise which made Chul shook his head. They have selected the beds and the strollers. They proceed to the clothes section and Yeon Joo smiled as she held out a dinosaur onesie, “eottae? Yeppeo?” (how is it? Pretty?)

Chul tilt his head to one side and nodded his head making Yeon Joo smile. “Gwiyeowo…” (cute)

They have finished the clothes, the shoes and the other necessities. Chul have sent them all back to the penthouse while they eat. Yeon Joo took Chul’s hands on hers as they walk quietly. The sun is about to set, spring made the air a little bit chilly and Yeon Joo was glad to have Chul beside her. “Are we really in danger? Is it the reason why we are being followed?”

Chul sigh and took her hand, “ It is only a precaution. I don’t want to take any risk.”

“Isn’t it too much? Can we just go far away and never let them know where we are? Can we just find a way to go back to the real world?” Chul smiled and smoothen the crease that has form on her forehead. “Aigoo, you are worrying to much. There’s nothing to think of. You are safe when you are with me.”

“but we are safer in the real world.” Chul sigh and stared at her making her blush. “Can’t we just go back? Can’t we just do something that will make us go back?”

“I’ve tried. It’s no use.” Chul sigh and hug her close to him as they both sat down at the bench. “It seems that I have no control over the manga. Nor did the enemy or you. We are not even aware of where to find your Appa,” Yeon Joo frown at that and sigh. Chul urge her to stand up and they began another lap ahead of them. 
“So it is true, then?” she asked making Chul stop and look at her. “That the suspect is Han Cheol Ho’s son?”

Chul pursed his lips. How did she know? How did—

“I saw it at the tablet. I have brought it back with me after I went to find dad” Yeon Joo confessed as Chul look at her.  When and how did she do this?


Still wondering about the many possibilities on how Yeon Joo have done all that, Chul kissed her cheek and hugged her tight. They enjoy a little more time at the park before they went back. Chul doesn’t want to risk staying a little bit later in the dark. 


They had dinner back at the penthouse. Yeon Joo cooked some spicy chicken for the both of them. They watch a movie while they eat, snuggling close to each other and making out like other couples do. Staying at the manga seems like a dream come true for her, but they have to go back. They have to be safe for the sake of their babies. 

After the movie, Yeon Joo went off to the babies rooms to arrange their stuffs. She was busy moving the cradle towards the wall when there was a flicker. She looks toward the table to see the tablet blinking. 

Drawn to it, she makes her way close and stared. A minute have passed and she blink only to see her father in front of her “Appa?”


She hugged her father like she never wanted to let go. He hugged her back just as tight. “Appa, gwaenchanha?”

“Ne, gwaenchanha. How about you? The babies?” She smiled at him as he touched her stomach. “They’re delighted to hear from you again, dad” She hugged him back once again and snuggled close. 

“The room is beautiful, everything is so beautiful.” Sung moo said as he held his daughter’s hand. “But you know that this is only fiction. “


Yeon Joo stared back at his father. What does he mean by that? Are we finally going home?

“You will suffer soon but a great deal of joy is waiting for you,” Sung Mo’s hands flickered and he sigh, “eventually, you will go back but you have to finish everything here. There will be changes once you go back which is why I want you to remember: I will always be here for you. I love you, my daughter” Sung Mo gave her a solemn kiss in the forehead before he flickered once twice and then nothing 


계속