13. COMPLICATIONS

ONE World

13
 
“Mrs. Kang! We can’t. We are given strict orders to keep you inside the penthouse. We—”

“I know. Yet, I feel like a prisoner! I hate bothering you like an errant child. I just want to go somewhere. I won’t take long…”

“Mrs. Kang…we have our orders. We don’t want to lose our job. Mr. Kang—”

Sh glared at Seo Joon and he look down. Yeon Joo bit her lip and said, “Kang Chul is not here. I am his wife. Doesn’t that make me second in command? Have I no right to give orders to you?”

Seo Joon bowed his head in shame and nodded. Yeon Joo bit her lip again and clutch the purse on her hand as she said, “I will call you once I need you. Please, I just have to go somewhere. I promise, I won’t take long.” I gave him a small smile before making my way towards the elevator. 

The place is exactly as it is back home minus the pictures and the furniture. Yeom Joo walked inside her father’s bedroom and was surprise to find the tablet there, looking innocent. 

She stand right in front of it and switch it on. She waited for her father to turn up like he did back home but he didn’t. Sighing in frustration, she turn it off. She headed towards the bed and lie down. Silent tears fell down on her face as she wept.

 Where is her father? What happen to him?

The vibration on her back pocket made her sat up. She took the phone only to see her husband’s 5 missed call and 20 messages asking about where she was. With a loud sigh, she went out of the house and made her way back to the penthouse. 

 

“Where have you been?” Kang Chul’s anxious voice was masked by his anger towards her. Yeon Joo just ignored him as she walk back inside  their bedroom. 

“I haven’t even been away for a day and you pull this racket? I just want you safe and sound. You just don’t know to follow rules don’t you?”

“I am not a child!” She retorted back, glaring at him as she took off her coat. “Why do you keep on insisting that I should stay here? Chul, I am your wife. I am not a prisoner. There is no danger. We are just being anxious of something that we weren’t even sure that will happen!” she threw the coat down on the floor as she frown. “Yes. You are taking precautions but you are slowly drawing some distance between us. I barely see you. I barely spend time with you.” She slowly made her way toward him and caress his smooth jaw, “ I don’t care about being safe. I just want to be with you…” 

Chul sigh as he took her hand on his. “You don’t understand, Yeobo. You are my only family. You and our baby is the most important thing for me in this world. I don’t want to risk it.” 

“Then don’t” Yeon Joo shrugged as she wrap her arms around her husband. “Take me everywhere with you. Spend more time with me, make me feel loved, make me feel cherished. Let us pretend that there is no danger but the securities will be kept and I will try to follow you. I promise as long as I am with you,” She nuzzles her head on his chest. Chul sigh, his anger melting away as he lean down to kiss the forehead of his wife. With a new resolve, he took her to his arms and carry her towards the closet. 

Yeon Joo shriek as he slap her behind. “I’ll give you at least ten minutes to pack. I will take you with me to Busan.”
 

Yeon Joo do not want to sleep though her eyes feel heavy and Chul’s chest is so inviting. Sighing, she nuzzled closer to him and smiled, contented. Chul played with her hair while he look outside the window. It was pouring, but not so hard. 

Chul look down only to see Yeon  Joo sleeping soundly. Do Yoon insisted to be the one to drive them to Busan and Chul was delighted that his friend is with him. Chul was worried of what So Hee found. He splayed his hand above Yeon Joo’s stomach and prayed for the safety of their child. 

“So you are really gonna be a father?” Do Yoon’s voice startled him. Chul gave him half a smile as he still his hand on top of Yeon Joo’s stomach. “I guess so.”

“You sound unsure.”

Chul met Do Yoon’s eyes at the rearview mirror. They look at each other and after a while, Do Yoon said, “ Why would you? She is your wife. There is no doubt about it. You adore her. I could see it on your face. You should forget any doubt you have of her now.”


“Still, it all seems unreal. I really have no memory of her and to find out the truth about the—” Chul stopped and stared at him again.

“Oh yes. Yeah. I understand. You can’t tell me or else I will be unfortunate. I know…” Do Yoon smiled at him and Chul smiled back, grateful. 

“You understand right? Where I come from? Why I still hesitate around her? I don’t have much proof to prove that this baby—” Chul was cut off by Do Yoon’s glare. 

“Oh come on, dude. Have you no sense? She adores you. She is very loyal to you. She is willing to risk her life as you will do to her. Don’t hesitate now that you are with her. Instead, give her all of you. That’s all I would say.” Do Yoon cut off the engine as they arrive at the hotel. Chul carry Yeon Joo out of the car, carefully getting out as he support her head. 
“You are really smitten.” Chul kicked Do Yoon’s which made the bastard laugh harder. 

“Chul. He wants revenge. He felt like you were the reason why his father committed suicide. I do not want to meddle on your business but this is a big concern.”


“I know, So Hee. And I can handle it. I’m sure you should go back to—” 

“But you are still in danger!” So Hee put her hands over Chul’s shoulder as she whispered. “ I won’t let you make me go.” Chul’s eyes widen as he saw Yeon Joo staring at them from the bedroom. She frowns and turn her back. Chul look at So Hee and push her hands so it fell right off his shoulder. 

“Yeon Joo-ya,”

“Yeobo…”

계속