14. ON, OFF

ONE World

 

Chapter fourteen


“Yeon Joo, you don’t understand.”


“Yes I do. I saw you. She is with you again, Chul. She is always with you. I guess I shouldn’t have tried to intervene from the beginning. I was such a stupid woman.” Yeon Joo wipe her tears as she continue packing her clothes. “I know that she should be the female lead character. I shouldn’t have dreamt so much but what should I do? I was pulled in. I just want to save you. I should have done nothing. I should have let you be but I can’t.”

 

She closed her eyes as she say this words, only then was she transported back in the real world. But she wasn’t aware of that, she continue speaking. 


“I can’t let you go because I love you. I love you so much. I wanted to be with you in this world or another. I want to spend every moment with you. But why can’t you do the same?  Why can’t you love me too?” 


She open her eyes and stared at So Bong who is seated right in front of her father’s tablet. “So boong-ah, what did you do?” She said, her heart constricting of her emotions. 

“Yeon Joo-noona. I didn’t do anything. I was trying to pull you back because I do not want to make you suffer. Then you are here, I do not know what happen. I don’t understand.”
 
“Aaisshh,” She pulled at her and sigh in frustration, “ I am suppose to tell him that I love him. I really do. I wanted him to understand—” She sobbed, her legs trembling that she collapsed and cried as she hug her legs. “I, I just want him to love me back. I want him to love me back.” And as she say this words, Yeon Joo fainted making So Bong exclaim, “Noona!”


Her stomach was now visible. Every one can say that she is with child. Four months have passed and in just two months, she will meet her babies. Yes, babies. It was a tw
in.

Yet Chul doesn’t know and probably he wouldn’t know. 


She find it hard to go back. It was like they have sealed every possible entrance that she could go into. So Boong has no clue. He couldn’t even make a scene that will make her go back. 


She have endured the monthly appointments with the doctor. The back pains and sore feet is her company as she watch her babies progress. She wanted to experience this all with him but how? He is not here. 


With great effort, she was able to sit up from the bed and glance at the table where all the possible plot she could make, lies. She wanted to go back to the hospital to work but crazy dog insisted that she should have maternal leave. Reluctantly she oblige and resorted to a dull everyday routine without her husband. 

She miss him so badly. Everyday she goes back to see their picture albums so as to make sure that he is really her husband and not a fiction. The agency that hired her husband to do the movie is looking for her but she remain tight lipped. What would she say? She couldn’t even begin to fathom what to make of her situation now. 

Her sore feet protested as she stood. With a dizy spell, she clutch her head and was surprise as she look back at her husband. 


He was right there. 


Looking down, her stomach was back to that oh so tiny bump. What did just happen? 

Chul catch her as she was about to fall. His eyes scrutinize hers as he say, “And I love you too. So don’t ever leave me like that. Don’t ever make me wait those aching half an hour. I almost died. I thought you’d never come back.” 
. Half an hour? Half an hour for those four months of pain and misery? But Yeon Joo couldn’t speak. She was too shocked of what had happened that she remained tight lipped. Chul dress her to a more comfortable clothes and even cook her some soup to eat. 

“I understand that you do not want to talk to me but I want to know your feelings. Would you still give me a chance?” She just nodded, afraid that if she speak, a dam will break. 

After she have eaten, she felt like all the energy she have was robbed from her. She collapse on his arms making him carry her back to the bed. 



She woke up hastily only to find out that she was on a car. Chul have her on his lap as he doze silently. She caressed his cheek and nuzzled her head on his neck. “Don’t ever leave me,” he whispered to her making her smile. 


They went back to the penthouse with a fresher smile. Mrs. Jang welcome them with a feast. Yeon Joo was so famished that she sat right there and ate. Chul was amused to see her eating that he sat and ate with her. 

“It’s good to see you eat. I love seeing you like this.” Yeon Joo just smiled, still busy with the beef stew that Mrs. Jang prepared especially for her. 

They finish the feast in no time. Chul pouted as he remembered, “Oh, I remember. I made an appointment with Dr. Go this afternoon. We will check how this little one is doing,” His hands caressed her stomach lightly that it made her heart stopped. It felt so gentle and so warm. It feels like he almost shows her love.

She change into a dress and smiled as Chul drape a coat on her. They went outside and nodded at Seo Joon who is the one to drive them off. 


Chul answered some calls while they make their way to the doctors. Yeon Joo couldn’t help but feel nervous as they entered the Dr. Go’s ward. Chul told the nurse about their appointment and she told them to wait. She was eyeing Chul making Yeon Joo glare at her. 

A lot of pregnant women were waiting together with them. Some have kids with them, some were too big and tired. Yeon Joo wince as she remember how she was back in the real world. She used to do this appointments alone. She must have looked very sad and pitiful. 


“Does your stomach really grow like that?” Chul ask stupidly earning him a glare and a slap on his thigh. Yeon Joo shakes her head. If he could only see her back in the real world. She caress her stomach and smiled that she was able to experience this now with her husband. 


“Mr. and Mrs. Kang?”

“Ne!” Chul took her hands on his as they went inside the ward. 

“Okay, I’m gonna move the wand down here and there you go. Well, it is a boy or should I say, boys?” Dr. Go smiled at Yeon Joo and Chul. 

“Boys? We’re having a twins? O god…” Chul stared at the image in wonder. His hands clasp Yeon Joo’s hand, tightly that it is almost painful though it assures her. She smiled at him, tears threatening to escape her eyes. 

They went out of the hospital and was delighted that it had stopped pouring. “So, where’d you wanna go?” Chul asked, looking at her.

“Food. I want to eat.” Chul smirked as he took her in his arms. 

계속