20. 꿑

ONE World

Chapter Twenty
Yeon Joo clutch the bag on her hands. She have been away for almost two months now. The rain is falling fast. 

She bit her lip and look around. 

She was shocked when someone began walking towards her. She hug her bag close to her and ran as fast as she could with her heavy stomach. 

She was about to enter a shop when a hand pulled her. She look up and began pushing the hand away, not recognizing the man.

Deo Yeon pulled at her again and force her to look at him. Yeon Joo was so scared that she kept her eyes close. She was about to scream when Deo Yeon covered . “Yeon Jeo-ya, it’s me, Deo Yeon”
She blink, once, twice and let recognition dawn on her. “Deo Yeon? Eottoghe? Am I back in the--?,” She look down. She still have her babies.

“No. We are in the real world. Which is why I am confused…why am I here?” She frown. Leaning her back on the wall, she lay a hand on her stomach, feeling her babies kick. She cringed as another contraction came.

“Are you okay?” Deo Yeon ask, his hand resting on her shoulder,  carefully. 

“I’m just tired. I—” She bit her tongue as another pain came. She grab Deo Yeon’s arm and let out a grunt. She can feel it, they are coming. “Deo Yeon-a, I think, I think it’s time.” Deo Yeon look at her, his confusion barely concealed. He look down at her stomach then back to her face which is filled with pain. He nodded his head and took her hand. He dialed 119 and they have to wait for twenty painful minutes for the ambulance to arrive. Deo Yeon tried to phone Kang Chul but he wasn’t answering. 

They arrive quickly in the hospital. Deo Yeon assisted her as they wheeled her towards the emergency room. The nurses check her vitals as they wait for the doctor. They check her dilation and inform her that she was almost ready. 

Deo Yeon held her hands as he try to call Chul once again. Yeon Joo was crying as she push. It hurts so much but she knows that she have to do everything that she could for her babies.  They transferred her into a maternity ward, with Deo Yeon trying so hard to contact Chul. 

“Yes! Ha..” Deo Yeon fist pump the air and answered as Chul pick up the phone, “Chul-a!, it’s Yeon Joo. She’s in labor, you have to go here quick! We are here at Ijen University Hospital. Please, she need’s you.” Deo Yeon close his eyes. 

He could only hope for the better. 

The minutes turn into hours. Yeon Joo grip the hand rails on the side of the bed as another contraction hits her. She was so red because of screaming and straining. She knows that she probably look like someone who just took a bath, with sweat. 

 Time came when she felt the need to push with all her might. The doctor rush inside and check her dilation. They told her that she was already  10 cm dilated on which she could already push.

“Are you her husband?” The doctor ask him and she shook his head. Deo Yeon was asked to stay with her even if he wasn’t the husband so to support her but he refuse. He told the doctors that Chul was on his way. 


Yeon Joo’s eyes  followed Deo Yeon as he went out of the delivery room. She felt so helpless she could feel her body failing. She was about to surrender into the darkness when she heard him, “Ya! Oh Yeon Joo-ssi,”


Chul emerge from outside. He ran to her side and held her hand tight. He kiss her forehead which made her cry, “Chul-a,  dangsineun jinjja yeogi issda? (Chul, are you really here?)” Chul just nodded his head as he kiss her once again. He wipe the sweat on the sides of her face and held her hand tight. Yeon joo scrunch her face up as she felt another contraction. “I think they are coming!” She grab Chul’s hands tightly and push. 

It took her a couple more push before the doctor announce that a head was now visible. She push a little more and out came Kang Chun Yeol with a fist high up on the air. He was not a loud crier. 
 He was big with only a little tuft of hair on his head. Yeon Joo cried as she hug her close. Before she could even rejoice, another contraction took her breath away and she felt the urge to push “iyAAAA!” she scream. 

The second baby’s cries were louder than the first. Kang Jul Yeon welcome the world with a loud cry. He was smaller but he had a clump of curly brown hair on his head. He look up to his mom and smiled as she kiss him, “Gwiyeowo…” she laid another kiss and took Chun Yeol.  She look at her sons and smiled. 


Chul smiled at his little family and gave them the biggest hug he could muster. 

The doctors cleared her up. They spent a day at the hospital before they let her go home. Chul carried her up on his arms while Deo Yeon push the stroller. Chul was smiling so wide at her. Yeon Joo couldn’t help but smile back. 
The trip back to their home was filled with silence. Yeon Joo smiled as he open the door to their home. Chul set her down on the sofa while Deo Yeon set up the crib next to their bed. He went off not before giving Chul a manly hug. Yeon Joo nodded at Deo Yeon and said, “Thank you for everything…” 

Deo Yeon just smiled. He went out and close the door behind him. Chul guided her to their room while pushing the stroller. He set the babies down on their crib, gave them a kiss and sat on their bed. 

He lay down next to Yeon Joo and hug her tight, “It is done, is it?”

Yeon Joo just look at him and nod. “Yes it is…” 

“Really done, right?” Chul kissed her lips instead of replying. He smiled down at Yeon Joo as they gaze at their beautiful sons. 


Then it is done.


꿑.