Thirty: Goodbye Camp Purple

The Boys of Summer

"Taeyong, packing on the morning of your parents coming was a horrible plan," Ten spoke with a sigh. Taeyong and Ten were trying to enjoy their last few minutes of camp before their parents came to pick them up, but Ten was frustrated that some of that time was wasted with Taeyong's packing. 

"I didn't want to think about it," Taeyong responded. Ten sighed as Taeyong aggressively stuffed clothes in his suitcase. 

"But now we're wasting our time together," Ten complained. 

"Please, don't make this any harder," Taeyong responded desperately, and Ten fell silent. 

Taeyong finally zipped up his suitcase and sat down on the bed next to Ten, resting his hand on his boyfriend's thigh. The others had already finished packing and were waiting in different places for their parents to come, but somehow Taeyong and Ten couldn't bear to leave. 

"I'm sorry. I'm just going to miss you so, so much," Taeyong responded sadly, apologizing for his strong reaction. Ten repeated his sigh. 

"It's okay."

He reached up and cupped Taeyong's cheek, and the pair shared a slow and passionate kiss. Taeyong held Ten's waist tight, as if by holding him there he would stay there with him forever. 

They pulled away and Taeyong's sighs fanned across Ten's lips, resting their foreheads together. 

"I love you," Ten mumbled. 

"I love you too," Taeyong responded, taking Ten's hand and rubbing it gently. Suddenly, Sehun pushed open the door to their cabin and Taeyong and Ten pulled away from each other. 

"Guys, your parents have been waiting here for twenty minutes!" Sehun cried. Noticing how upset the two teens looked Sehun calmed down. "I know it for camp to end, but don't keep them waiting."

Sehun left the cabin and Taeyong and Ten stood up, hand in hand. 

"Come back next year?" Taeyong asked.

"Could I do anything else?" Ten responded, and finally Taeyong managed to smile. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Yuta and Sicheng were sitting on the grass near the parking lot. Yuta leaned on their luggage and Sicheng rested his head on their lap. Yes, they were very upset, but Sicheng couldn't be too sad with the glorious sun beating down on his skin and Yuta's lithe fingers running through his hair. 

"You have the paper, right?" Yuta asked. Sicheng nodded, tightly holding the paper in his pocket. Yuta and Sicheng had written down all of their contact info (skype, phone number, emails) and given them to each other to take home. They'd put the info in their phones, but they wanted to be sure they had it just in case something happened. 

Yuta bent down to press a light kiss to the top of Sicheng's head and a wide smile bloomed on Sicheng's face. Sicheng watched Yuta smile back down at him, and his heart swelled with happiness. 

"You look so beautiful like this," Yuta said, watching Sicheng. 

"Th-thanks Yuta," Sicheng shyly stuttered back. 

"You'll have to send me a picture of your pretty face every day since I don't get to see it in person. Definitely ask your parents if you can get a snapchat," Yuta said. 

Sicheng sighed. "I dunno, they're pretty strict about social media."

"Tell them it's like texting but with pictures," Yuta responded. Suddenly a car pulled up in front of the pair and Yuta sighed. 

"That's my parents," he mumbled dejectedly, standing up and grabbing his luggage. He kissed each of Sicheng's cheeks and then his lips, waving at him as he walked towards his car. 

"You better text me babe! Every day!" Yuta yelled to Sicheng. Sicheng grinned back at his boyfriend. 

"I promise," he responded. 

~~~~~~~~~~

On a bench by the parking lot, Johnny and Taeil were sitting together. All of the other couples had abandoned them to spend their last few moments of camp with each other, leaving Johnny and Taeil by themselves. 

Both were sitting an awkward distance apart on the bench, pressing thoughts on their minds but neither wanting to say it. Johnny sighed and leaned back against the bench. 

"This summer was great," he said sadly. Taeil nodded in agreement. 

"Yeah. I had a lot of fun," Taeil responded with an awkward chuckle. He looked up at Johnny but his face burned with shyness, quickly looking away. As soon as his eyes moved Taeil felt Johnny's gaze on him, watching him in a way Taeil couldn't understand. 

"You're....you're....you're great, Taeil," Johnny spoke, breathing out the words. 

Taeil laughed uncomfortably again. "You too." He didn't quite know what to make of Johnny's words and their awkwardness. Things had never been weird between them before, despite his unrequited crush (at least, he thought it was unrequited). 

A car pulled up and honked at the two boys, and a woman who looked almost exactly like Johnny stuck her head out of the window. 

"Honey!" She cheered. Johnny grinned back at her. 

"Let me just say goodbye," Johnny responded, turning back to Taeil. Both of them stood up, eyes searching around awkwardly, before Johnny slowly enveloped Taeil in a tight hug. 

Johnny's huge embrace left Taeil feeling warm and safe and his heart broke at the thought of not seeing this boy for another year. Johnny's lips brushed past his ears and he blushed bright red, looking up at Johnny. 

"Taeil?" Johnny whispered in his ear. 

"Yeah?" Taeil responded, butterflies building in his stomach. Johnny looked down at him, expression uncharacteristically shy. But he finally looked away and sighed. 

"I-It's nothing. Have a good school year, Taeil," Johnny spoke, grabbing his luggage and running towards his car. Taeil sighed and watched the vehicle drive away. He wondered what could've been, but forced himself to forget the thought and walked away. 

~~~~~~~~~~

As Jaehyun was leaving his cabin and Doyoung was returning from the bathroom, the two of them spotted each other from across the road. Despite the luggage in their hands, the two boys ran towards each other and enveloped each other in a big hug. 

"I'm gonna miss you so much Doyoungie," Jaehyun mumbled into Doyoung's skin, holding him as tight as he could. 

"Me too, me too," Doyoung responded, gripping onto the back of Jaehyun's shirt. The pair reached forward to share a passionate kiss, holding each other as tightly as they could. Jaehyun reached up and picked up Doyoung, Doyoung wrapping his legs around Jaehyun's waist as they refused to break their kiss. Ignoring the sound of a honking horn, they kissed as if the day would last forever. 

The honk repeated, much louder this time, and the two boys broke apart. They turned towards the source of the noise to see Doyoung's parents car parked right in front of where they were making out, Doyoung's face turning from bright red to ghostly wide. 

Doyoung dislodged himself from Jaehyun as Jaehyun stared back at Doyoung's parents wide eyes, cursing himself internally. 

"Uh, hi!" Doyoung's dad spoke, sticking his head out of the car window. Doyoung just grimaced back at him uncomfortably. 

"Glad to see you've made friends," Doyoung's mother said with a little laugh. "Come on, hop in," she said, and Doyoung went to go put his things in the trunk. 

He turned back towards Jaehyun and the couple shared a soft smile. 

"I'll miss you," Jaehyun mouthed. 

"Miss you too," Doyoung responded, and got in the car to head home. 

~~~~~~~~~~

As Mark was lugging his things down the gravel path, he spotted a slumped over Donghyuck walking just a few feet in front of him. Figuring that it was now or never, Mark decided that now was the time to confess. 

"Donghyuck!" Mark yelled. Donghyuck turned around and saw Mark, looking over his frame with a curious expression. 

"What's up?" Donghyuck responded, surprisingly polite. 

"C-come here," Mark called, walking back down the gravel path away from the parking lot. Donghyuck followed him closely until Mark ducked behind one of the cabins. He leaned against the wall and looked at Donghyuck. 

"I-If you want...you can kiss me. On the lips," Mark said nervously. Donghyuck looked back at Mark like he was crazy. 

"No making out! Just a peck," Mark added. Donghyuck grinned widely and cupped Mark's cheek, rubbing affectionately. Mark blushed hard at the action, staring pointedly at the floor. 

Donghyuck leaned in and pressed his lips against Mark's, standing on the tips of his toes to reach Mark's lips, but that didn't matter at all to Mark. It was definitely more than a peck but Donghyuck wasn't crossing any lines, being gentle and soft and Mark was surprised at how good he was. Maybe his little crush on Donghyuck was making him biased, but it still felt really, really good. 

Donghyuck pulled away and Mark knew his cheeks were bright pink and blushing, Donghyuck smirking at the sight. He looked over Mark's frame and released a contented sigh. 

“I know I acted totally crazy, but I really do like you. Seriously. Just wanted you to know that,” he said softly. He started to walk away from Mark’s shocked frame, turning back and waving goodbye. “See you next summer,” he spoke, winking before finally leaving Mark alone.

Mark couldn't wait for next summer.