Nineteen: The Disaster that is Teen Movie Night

The Boys of Summer

After a relaxing day of hanging out by the pool, the thirteen to fifteen year olds headed into the dining hall to eat dinner. After Kyungsoo handed them their food, Sehun approached their table. 

"How was getting laid last night?" Johnny bluntly asked. 

Sehun just rolled his eyes. "Teen movie night is tonight. You get free snacks and the counselors put a movie up on an outdoor projector. It's pretty nice," he said, ignoring Johnny's words. 

"What's the movie?" Taeyong asked. 

"No idea," Sehun responded. "But seriously, you guys should go."

"Sure, we'll go," Taeil said after the other boys nodded their agreements. 

"Alright cool. It gets pretty cold, so bring blankets. We'll meet in half an hour," Sehun explained, then waving goodbye and walking away. 

Thirty minutes later, the boys arrived at the meeting spot, dressed in their pajamas and carrying blankets. 

"God I hope the movie's good," Taeyong said quietly as Sehun and Jongdae, the sixteen to eighteens counselor, led the group of teens to the projection area. A projector had been set up in an empty field, leaving a large grassy area for the campers to sit on. Jongdae and Sehun handed out popcorn and candy to each of them. 

The boys finally got settled under their blankets for the movie, waiting for it to start. But as soon as the opening credits came on screen, everyone groaned. 

"The minion movie? Are you ing kidding me?" Johnny groaned. The whole group turned and glared at the counselors. 

"It wasn't our decision," Jongdae said. 

"Do you think we wanna watch this ?" Sehun added. 

"You guys can't leave though; we'll get in a lot of trouble," Jongdae spoke. One of the seventeen year olds cursed at Jongdae and he rolled his eyes while Sehun turned up the sound on the projector. 

By the time the movie was halfway over, Taeil looked around and realized the area was a complete mess. Half of the sixteen to eighteen year olds had managed to escape, and their counselor had disappeared to look for them. Sehun was fast asleep in his chair by the edge of the entrance and exit, and although Mark was focused on the movie, no one else in his age group did the same. Taeyong and Ten were making out in a way that was way too inappropriate for public. Ten was laying on top of Taeyong, Taeyong's hands were grabbing Ten's , and lewd noises were coming from their section of the grassy field. Even Doyoung and Jaehyun were distracted, making out heavily, not quite as hardcore as Taeyong and Ten but it still made Taeil too uncomfortable to look over at them. Yuta and Sicheng were cuddling closely, whispering who knows what to each other. 

That left Taeil alone with Johnny. Johnny had been sort of...watching him the entire evening, his dark, hooded eyes darting from the couples back to Taeil's frame. It left Taeil confused. 

"I'm so bored," Johnny mumbled into Taeil's ear, low and gruff. It sent a shiver down Taeil's spine that he couldn't quite explain. 

"Me too," Taeil quietly responded, not wanting to draw attention to themselves. Suddenly, Taeil felt a very large hand trail from his waist up to the back of his neck, playing with the little hairs. Taeil's eyes widened. Was Johnny trying to start something? Taeil knew Johnny was ually active, so obviously he had some skill at seducing other people, and he was a damn good kisser. But Taeil wondered, why would Johnny try to get with someone as inexperienced and dorky and shy as himself? He had managed to give Johnny a (pretty massive) during truth or dare a few days ago, but still. Taeil just figured he was misinterpreting the signs. 

"I kinda wish Donghyuck was here," Johnny whispered to Taeil, playing with his hair. Johnny turned towards Taeil, looking at his face, eyes darting between Taeil's eyes and lips. 

"Uh, why?" Taeil responded, an awkward pause in between their words. Taeil was quite distracted by Johnny's touches and looks, not necessarily in a bad way though. 

"So he would have someone to make out with," Johnny said, gesturing to all the couples surrounding them. 

"We're not making out with anyone," Taeil spoke, looking around with confusion, blushing hard when their eyes locked, faces only centimeters apart. 

Johnny chuckled, rough and quiet, and Taeil was embarrassed by how much Johnny's deep voice and laugh turned him on. "Are you really that oblivious?" Johnny asked, biting his lip. It was like their eyes were glued together and Taeil was grateful for the dark sky, so Johnny wouldn't see how red his face was. 

"Uh....uh...." Was all Taeil could respond, too surprised to say something coherent or even move. 

"If you don't want me to kiss you I'll stop," Johnny said lowly. Taeil's eyes widened even more. 

"N-no," Taeil stuttered, his heart pounding in his chest, praying Johnny wouldn't be able to hear it. "You can kiss me," he whispered. 

"Oh thank god," Johnny breathed out, leaning in and capturing Taeil's lips in a passionate kiss. 

It wasn't like Taeil was the most experienced guy in the world. In fact, Johnny had been his first kiss all those weeks ago when they'd played spin the bottle. The only other person he'd ever kissed was Yuta, and this time right now with Johnny was only his third kiss ever. But he was sure that Johnny was good. Really good at kissing. He could tell by the way Johnny touched him, by the way their lips slid together, by the confidence in his air. It made Taeil feel privileged; he was sure that Johnny wouldn't pay him any mind if they went to the same school. It made Taeil feel crazy; he was just...so good. It made taeil feel alive. 

"Don't be so nervous," Johnny mumbled in his ear, pulling Taeil onto his lap so he was straddling him. "Relax." He said softly. Taeil took a deep breath, trying not to freak out about the whole thing and just focus on kissing, and Johnny leaned back in. 

Johnny opened his mouth and Taeil followed suit, taking Johnny's lead and going a bit slower. He started to let go and enjoy himself, resting his arms on Johnny's broad shoulder. 

"Mmh, that's much better. You're pretty good," Johnny said with a quiet smirk. Taeil smiled back softly. 

"Really?" He asked shyly. 

Johnny nodded. "Now don't stop," he mumbled, and Taeil was the one who pressed back this time. And no way was he gonna stop. 

Meanwhile, Sicheng was looking around at everyone. If he didn't notice that Ten and Taeyong's clothes were still on, he would've thought they were having . Doyoung and Jaehyun had progressed to making out laying down. Even Taeil and Johnny were going at it pretty hard. The only one not hooked up was Mark, who seemed to be actually enjoying the movie, and himself and Yuta. 

Sicheng wanted to make a move so bad. He was incredibly jealous of his friends, getting to make out with their crushes. He just wanted the same for himself. 

"Aren't they funny?" Yuta whispered to Sicheng, laughter in his voice. Sicheng nodded, too distracted to give Yuta a proper response. 

This was it. They were under the cover of darkness, everyone else was distracted, but Yuta wouldn't publically humiliate him in front of all these people. It was time he made a move. He tried to think about how to make a move subtely, trying hard to remember how Taeyong and Johnny did it. He remembered how Donghyuck had once mentioned something about fake yawning to wrap your arm around your crushes shoulders, so Sicheng decided to try it. Even though it had decidedly failed when Donghyuck tried to use the trick on Mark, Sicheng thought it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. 

He started to do a loud, fake yawn, lifting his arms and hesitantly resting one on Yuta's shoulder. Yuta giggled and rested his head on Sicheng's shoulder, grinning obliviously up at Sicheng. Sicheng sighed and rolled his eyes. That clearly didn't work. 

Sicheng in a big breath, grimaced, and swallowed his pride. It was time he made a move for real. 

He turned his head toward Yuta's face, clearly bored with whatever was happening on the screen. Sicheng gulped and started to lean in, pursing his lips. Finally Yuta noticed what was happening and turned towards him, surprise in his eyes but laughter on his lips. 

"What are you doing? Are you trying to get with me?" Yuta asked jokingly. Sicheng blushed hard and turned his head away sharply, staring pointedly at the grass beneath him. 

"Oh," Sicheng heard Yuta mumble. Finally, finally, after so many weeks of pining, Yuta understood (at least a bit) how Sicheng felt. Sicheng felt Yuta tense up, but he didn't move his head from Sicheng's shoulder. 

What could Sicheng do now? Yuta knew, but he wasn't doing anything. Sicheng had been right all along about Yuta's feelings: Yuta didn't feel the same way. 

The silence between them carried all the way from when they finished the movie to when they were getting ready for bed to when it was finally time to sleep. 

Sicheng began to set up his old bed, preparing for a night in the freezing cold. 

"What are you doing?" Yuta asked him. Sicheng looked up at him, trying to ignore the way his heart skipped a beat. 

"Um..." Sicheng began. 

"You'll freeze to death again! Come here," Yuta said insistently. Sicheng sighed loudly, ignoring the protesting of the rational part of his brain and doing as his heart told him, to crawl back in next to Yuta. 

Yuta threw his arm around Sicheng's shoulders, and it was almost like things were the same as always, even though Sicheng knew they were different. All this did was leave him more confused than ever.