Twenty: The Effects of Alcohol

The Boys of Summer

The next evening, most of the older kids were hanging out in Ten and Taeyong's cabin. Mark, Sicheng, Doyoung, and Jaehyun were all relaxing in the other one. Usually, the nine boys would be in one large group, but Ten and Taeyong had wanted to make out without Mark giving them uncomfortable looks, and Yuta wanted to avoid Sicheng. Johnny and Taeil were too lazy to go visit their friends in the other cabin, so they remained on their beds. 

"What should we do?" Yuta asked. 

"How about you guys go see what the others are up to?" Ten responded with a grin. 

"I'm not leaving this bed," Johnny said. 

"Me either," Taeil added. Taeyong sighed and rolled his eyes. 

"Come on! We just want to make out. Can't we get some alone time?" The fifteen year old whined. 

"If you guys wanted to make out so badly you'd just do it here in front of us," Yuta responded. 

"But what are we going to do?" Johnny asked. 

Ten looked around at everyone and grinned. "So I was passing by the counselor's cabins the other day, and I saw that Sehun had a huge bottle of vodka sitting right by the window. Now, my original plan was to take it for just me and Taeyong, but it was pretty big so it's probably a better idea if we shared it. Plus, everyone here has been through a year of high school, at least, so I wouldn't feel like I was corrupting anyone," Ten said. 

"I am so ing down," Johnny said. "I've missed partying."

"That sounds good; I'm down too," Yuta added. Honestly, all he wanted was a distraction. 

"M-me too," Taeil shyly added. Ten and Taeyong shared a smile. 

"We'll go grab it right now," Ten said, standing up. Taeyong grabbed his hand and the pair walked down the gravel path to the counselor's cabins. 

"So how are we going to do this?" Ten whispered to Taeyong. 

"I'm taller, so I'll reach up through the window and grab it. You keep watch," Taeyong whispered back. Ten nodded and watched the surrounding area closely. Taeyong got on the tips of his toes, reaching up through the window to grab the handle of the vodka bottle. Just as his fingers wrapped around it, Sehun grabbed the bottle right out of Taeyong's hands. 

Sehun raised his eyebrows as the two fifteen year olds blushed. "I know what you kids are up to. I'm no stranger to stealing alcohol from adults. But you kids are not allowed to have it. Go back to your cabins," he said. He laid back down in his bed and turned away from the window, returning the vodka to its original spot. Ten and Taeyong shared a look, suppressing their laughter. Taeyong grabbed the bottle from the window as quickly as he could, and the pair ran away as fast as they could. 

As soon as they were a great distance from the counselor's cabins, they started to laugh. 

"He really thought he outsmarted us!" Ten said. 

"I know," Taeyong responded, pushing open the door to their cabin and proudly holding up the bottle. 

"Holy that is huge!" Johnny said excitedly. 

"Congrats to us!" Yuta added. The five boys gathered in a circle on the floor, and Taeyong twisted off the top. He took a large sip and passed it to Ten. 

"What about glasses?" Taeil asked with furrowed eyebrows as Ten took an equally large sip then grimaced. 

"We're teenage boys. We drink straight out of the bottle," Taeyong explained as Johnny took the largest gulp of them all, then passed it to Yuta. Yuta took a tiny sip, gagged, but then forced himself to drink more. By the time the bottle got around to Taeil, a quarter of it was gone. 

Taeil had never drank before, but he figured now was as good of a time as any. Mumbling " it" to himself, he threw back the bottle and drank as much as he could before coughing and gagging. 

He pouted and grimaced, looking sadly down at the floor as he passed the bottle back to Taeyong. 

"Have you ever drank before?" Johnny asked him. Taeil shook his head as the bottle made its way around again. 

"It tastes horrible," Taeil mumbled. 

"The feeling is worth it," Yuta responded, forcing down another large gulp. Taeil tried another sip and Taeyong grabbed it out of his hands. 

"I didn't think you drank," Ten said to Yuta. 

"Me and my ex used to raid his parent's liquor cabinet," Yuta explained. Everyone took another small sip, including Taeil, then Taeyong pushed the bottle into the corner of the room. 

"Let's see how far this gets us and then decide if we need more," Taeyong spoke, and everyone agreed. 

Ten minutes later, everyone was sure they didn't need that extra alcohol. 

"S-see Ten, Ten, you've gotta understand, I didn't ing think he liked me like that, , he's my son, but he tried to kiss me yesterday," Yuta slurred to Ten, the two of them plus Taeyong sitting on their bed. Ten nodded slowly as Taeyong kissed his neck. 

"I think he likes me do I like him?" Yuta asked. 

"Do you wanna his and buy him presents?" Ten asked. 

Yuta giggled a little too loudly. "Yeah, sure I do," Yuta responded. 

"Then you like him!" Ten slurred back. 

"But I dunno," Yuta slowly whined as Taeyong started on Ten's neck. "Do I like him? I just didn't see him that way but I dunno anymore," Yuta said dazedly. 

"Mmh," Ten responded, more so reacting to Taeyong's carresses than Yuta's words. 

"He's real pretty and smart and and he's mature but he's...uh....what's the in' word...un-had-lived," Yuta said, his head rolling around a bit. 

"Do you mean...inexperienced?" Ten slowly asked. Yuta sloppily grinned. 

"Yeah, yeah, that's the word. Inexperienced. I dunno if he's...uh....I don't know. What do you think of it Ten?" Yuta asked. 

"Mmh," Ten responded again, a little louder, as Taeyong's hand started rubbing the inside of Ten's thigh. 

"You're not listening to me!" Yuta whined loudly. "You're just getting ."

"I am listening! Taeyong's just being...uh...a lil ," Ten responded in a whiny voice. Yuta started giggling, which turned into laughter, so loud his head fell back. 

"Hey guys! The others were boring so--" Donghyuck said after bursting into the cabin. He looked at the red, giggling faces in the room, then down to the almost half empty bottle of vodka in the corner. 

"You guys have alcohol?" Donghyuck asked with an excited gasp. "Let me have some!" He cried, rushing over to the bottle before Johnny stood up and grabbed his arms. 

"No. No. You're too young, get outta here. We love you but get outta here," Johnny said to Donghyuck, stumbling a bit before blinking and standing up straight. 

"Please?" Donghyuck begged. 

"No in' way!" Taeyong responded, his hand now over the crotch of Ten's jeans. 

"You guys are worse than the others!" Donghyuck whined and pouted, stomping out of the room. Johnny sauntered back over to where he and Taeil were sitting, flopping back onto the bed a little too harshly. His weight moved the mattress, making Taeil's head spin. 

"Whuh?" Taeil said dazedly. 

"Are you from Tennessee?" Johnny asked, staring into Taeil's eyes with a ridiculous smile. He started to weirdly rub Taeil's arm and winked at him, and even in his drunk state Taeil was able to grimace back. 

"Are you flirting with me?" Taeil asked, looking at him uncomfortably before loudly laughing. Johnny started to laugh along with him, leaning back down onto the bed. 

"I guess I am," he responded, still loudly laughing. Taeil was happy that he was too drunk to think about what all of this meant. 

Soon enough, everyone was extremely tired. Ten and Taeyong spread out on their bed, Johnny managed to make his way back to his own area, and Taeil fell asleep right away on his bed. 

Yuta stumbled out of their cabin back to his own, impressed by his own ability to find his way back even when he was extremely drunk and it was pitch black. Too drunk to care about making noise, he threw open the door to his cabin and stumbled into his bed to find Sicheng already there, fast asleep. 

He stripped off his jeans, not thinking about anything but the need to go to bed. He chuckled a bit to himself when he saw Doyoung asleep on top of Jaehyun, a book still in one of his hands. Yuta crawled in next to Sicheng, who wasn't at all disturbed by him coming in (unlike Mark, who was tiredly whining "be quiet"). 

Yuta leaned over and spooned Sicheng, getting much closer to him then he normally would. He peered over at Sicheng's peaceful face and sighed before pressing a kiss to Sicheng's cheek. 

Sicheng's eyes slowly fluttered open at the feeling of a large breath on his face. The sensation of Yuta's lips on his cheek surprised him, and he turned over to Yuta to ask him about it. But by the time Sicheng got there, Yuta was already fast asleep.