CASES - 4

Riddle (Find It Hide It)

 


4

 

"But first of all, allow me to become an undercover agent in this mission." Nari finished her sentence, making some people widen their eyes in disagree.

"Why should you be? You are my assistant, instead of Jong In's or Sehun's assistant." As your boss I will not allow you. " His denials made Nari rolled her eyes openly. That girl tried to ignore several pairs of eyes that stare at her sharply, but she only focuses her eyes on Mr. Choi. As if they were the only ones in the meeting room.

"Give me a good reason why I should let you to become an undercover agent." Mr. Choi stared at his intern seriously.

"First of all I have a hunch that Lee Byung Hun, Shin Yeon Hee's boyfriend has something to do with VENDETTA, but I'm not fully convinced yet. That's why i want to make sure first of this matter."

"And secondly, there is no undercover agent who are available for now. Chief Jong In or Sehun is not possible to disguise as being a woman, so I'll do it instead. Tomorrow I'll go to the usual club Moon Jae Sik visited." she answer fully.

"Then what will you do, if you get caught?" Kris voiced his thoughts.

"Are there any of you who can cryptography or binary code?" She looked around the room.

"I'm not very good at both but at least I know the basic." Kyung Soo said from her left. Nari gives the Owlish Chief her genuine brief smile, and then returned her eyes to Mr. Choi again.

"What about you Mr. Choi?"

"If  this is a personal matters, I will surely allow you for this once, but this is not an individual case instead it's a team work, so if your boss does not allow it, then so do I." Nari closed her eyelids tiredly, she adjusted her breath. Inhale ..... exhale ......

She then looked back at Luhan who was sitting with victory smile.

"Chief Luhan, would you agree over that?" Luhan only moves his head slowly. Right and Left, he is really refused. He's really stubborn isn't he?

"Stop being spoiled brat Luhan." Chief Minseok casted a sharp glance, he then drag his eye beads to see the only woman in that room. "We can allow you only this once, but at least bring Jong In with you." He continued. Nari smiled - this time very sincere. She is really grateful to Minseok - The mature Chief with charming eyes.

"It settled then.....You can ask Jong In to keep you company, let's just end this meeting, we'll meet in here for the next few days." Everyone stood up and bowed respectfully when Mr. Choi stood up and went out of the meeting room. But before opening the door, he stopped his steps.

"Cha Nari, please treat your wound immediately and replace your bandage as soon as this meeting over." He said then stepped out of the conference room. Nari lowered her head and cursed silently.


i've caught.

 

Luhan intended to approaching Nari and then take her to the medical room, but his step stopped when he saw Baekhyun already tugged the girl's wrist gently and then leading her away from the meeting room.

***

 

"Baekhyun-ssi where are you going to take me?" She asked as she had been walking past the turns of the corridor quite a lot. Baekhyun took her to a metal-doored room after descending the elevator and walking past many corridors. He then put Nari on a white bed, and walked to take a kind of first-aid box with a design like a grand makeup box.

"I've known it from the beginning, when Luhan touched your arm or when you move over too quickly, you'll grimaced in pain, and I'm sure that the blotched on your coat isn't any normal water." She looked at her right arm, and sure enough a liquid had been wetting the fibers of her navy suit.

"If you ask me why I could known and why I'm so sure that it's blood and not water or other stains, it's because the blood is a liquid that has a thick substances, so it will be difficult to blend with the fibers of your clothes let alone the coat you wear made of flannel instead. which is drenching the part with the most amount of the liquid only. In other words, they do not spread instantly like water, or any lightly substance. Anyway, open your shirt right now. " His command made Nari widened her eyes reflexively.

"Don't worry I've seen more than that, didn't  you wore only one-piece when we meet on the swimming pool on the other day?" He continued, which made the girl back to her composure. She slowly ed her black button-down shirt and only on her sport bra, showing the bruised on her stomach. Baekhyun stood up in front of Nari and then started removing the bandage that had been soaked with blood. He cleaned it with antiseptic and some sterile cotton pad and then wrapped it again with a new bandage.

 

"Baekhyun why are you not waiting for me." A man grumbled after entering the medical room and was surprised to see the "half-" Nari. The two of them stared at Yixing who was now standing on the middle of the room, he felt his cheeks and neck begin to warm up.

"I'm sorry hyung, i shouldn't let Nari get infected, don't I ? " Yixing just nodded and walked over to them. He then placed his on opposite bed.

"Nari, are you sure with your plan as an undercover? How if something happened to you ? Baekhyun asked with his pouting lips.

"Why do you care for me? Didn't we just know each other a week ago?"

"Hey ... why don't you let me to be your friend? You're too cold as a woman, I even can't think how is your future husband will bearing that attitude of yours." Nari raised from her laying posisition and punched Baekhyun's left arm, who was now treating the bruises on her stomach. She suddenly jerked on pain with the sudden movement.

"Look at this! You even grimacing in pain, what if something happened to you." Baekhyun whined and pouted his lips. Nari looked at the 25-year-old man in front of her then unconsciously pinched his cheeks softly, she just felt like have a younger brother. Baekhyun looked from Nari's stomach to her face and was surprised to see the girl smiling so sweetly.

"I'm not doing anything without any preparation, I've made sure of that. Chief Yixing could you visit my apartment after work today?" She threw her eyes to Yixing who had been sitting silently.

"What do you want to do with hyung?" he asked a little too loudly make Nari automaticly closed her right ear.

"Someone I helped out the other day seemed to be suffering from trauma, she didn't want to talk to me that much, just sitted silently and cried  in my room." she told both of them.

 

***

 

A young girl was curled up on a couch which is beside the window. She directed her eyes to the bustling streets of Seoul below, but actually her eyes was stared meaninglessly. Occasionally tears streamed down her cheeks. There is no visible blood spots at all, just a few bruises and scars on some parts of her body. She heard the door being open, but she ignored it. She thought that maybe it just Nari who had only come from work. The steps come closer and sure enough the door of the room she currently occupied opened. She found Nari standing infront of their room a little later and staring intently at her. Nari walked over to her followed by 2 men with jet black hair behind her.

 

She suddenly felt her heartbeat drumming loudly, panic attacted her soul instantly. She drag her eyes to run around the room briefly. Then stopped when she found some book piles and pillows that Nari put on the edge of the couch. The girl took it all one by one, then started throwing it at the two men. Fortunately both Yixing and Baekhyun have quick reflexes, they dodging the books and pillows that have thrown at them.

Nari runs toward the girl instantly, and then holds her wrist tight enough to stop her for throwing the things. The girl cried, she lowered her head as if avoiding the gaze of the two men that standing silently a few feet away. Nari rubbed the girl's back softly and whispered some sweet words to calm her down also explained who the man was in front of her.

The girl began to calm down, but still reluctant to raise her head. Nari beckoned Yixing to approach them. The man begins to cupped his hands in the shaking girl's hands and waiting for her reaction. Seeing the girl not doing any 'attack' he started a brief conversation with her. His tone was so soft, as if it were a mere whisper. Nari looked at them, then moved from where she sat and walked over to Baekhyun.

"Baek ... let Yixing talk to her." she said then tugged Baekhyun's hand and led him out.

 

***

 

Yixing closed the door of Nari's room slowly, and then stepped into the kitchen. He saw Nari who was busily chooping a vegetables. As for Baekhyun, he sat nicely in a chair that facing directly at the pantry, so he can saw what Nari doing in the close proximity, he then pulled an empty seat next to Baekhyun.

"You didn't said you already knew Shin Yeon Hee." He started the conversation. Nari stopped her activity, and then turned to look at the man in front of her.

"To be honest I also didn't  know her, but I realized it when Kyung Soo showed Yeon Hee's photo on his presentation slide a while ago. I accidentally met heer after returned from the club a few night ago, the girl looked a mess when i was meet her. She was chased by 3 men, one of them was Lee Byung Hun, her boyfriend.

"Ooh ... so that's the reason where you got your wound from ?" Baekhyun asked which is replied by Nari which just nodded then went back to her 'cooking' activity.

"Hyung do you know that Nari is really good at swimming ? If you're in my division, we can swim together every day." He randomly said with a cheeky smile on his cute face.  But a little while later he asked randomly again which is make the atmosphere uncomfortable "Hyung, why are your face and ears are red? Do you think of something weird ?" Yixing gave him a hard look.

"Yixing-ssi .... - ah would you let me called you Lay insted?." She asked, which is made the said men breathed a sigh of relief. He mentally thanked Nari who saved him from the awkward situation.

"Of course ... don't be too formal with me, you can call me Lay."

"All right Lay-ssi, what's Yeon Hee doing right now, what did you got from her?"

"She is asleep right now. You have been right she is  suffering traumatized and had a lack of sleep. This is why she behaved like that. Anyway I had the assumption  about her trauma. I think when she was slept, the worst memory she experienced lately was replayed as a nightmare and it was frightening her, so she tried to prevent herself to not having that nightmare by letting her awake this past few day. "

"I gave her a hypno-teraphy. That method is can slightly helped the traumatized patients, actually depending on how severe they suffered their trauma. Anyway, Yeon Hee said that she was placed in some sort of underground room. She isn't remembering the name very much, she said that she only catched a glimpsed when she got out of there. She said that the place name is Hooker something. Yeon Hee did not give details about the location, I'll ask Kyung Soo tomorrow to find its location."

 

***

 

The twelve pairs of eyes were looking at Nari sharply. After Kyung Soo finds the location mentioned by Yeon Hee and told the exact location along with the brief description, they are constantly staring at the only girl in the room. They were currently at the Rooftop lounge, right on the top floor of the thirty-story building. At this time they decided not to ask Mr. Choi to join the meeting. They did not want to make a meaningless meetings, so they decided to include Mr. Choi when they had set up an 'fixed' plan.

"Hooker Hills, District 588, Itaewon, the place is famous as Seoul's 'RED Light District', a place which is well-known with the women who sold their bodies voluntarily, some of them wearing very revealing clothes, but not infrequently some of them are wearing only two-pieces. " Kyung Soo reads a brief explanation of the monitor's.  He read it twice, as if he does not believe it.

"And she want to be an Undercover? No wonder Luhan Hyung will not let you." Sehun murmured softly. Nari took a deep breath, she massaged her throbbing head as if tired of 12 adult men who is in fact are her 'boss'. Haven't they resolved any human trafficking case before ? . Why they make it too complicated ?.

"Nari please, think again your plan. We can find another alternative. What if something happens to you?" Baekhyun looked at Nari with his puppy eyes.

"I'm not stupid Baek, you guys think I'm going to be an undercover at Hooker Hills? Of course not, I'll be the waitress at L'Enchanteur - club that Moon Jae Shik has been coming to lately." The breathed a sigh of relief.

"But still ... it's risky. What if Moon Jae Sik put interested on you ?" Suho also showing his doubts.

"Isn't Jong In with her ? , At least he can protect Nari indirectly."

"Minseok .... why are you supporting her. Didn't you know how big risks this plan is ?"

"Nari is not stupid Lu, she must know what she was doing, and besides Nari is not an ordinary girl, she can think of something quickly even in a emergency state though. I'm sure she has hundreds of alternative ways under her sleeve if this one is failed,  I trusted her. Be Realistic Lu, you have known by yourself,  that our field is a risked field. Choosing this field it meant they ready to accept any kind of risks. "

"Thank you for your concern Minseok-ssi. I also capable to take care of myself more than you know. But i'm sorry to say that Jong In-ssi  wouldn't be together with me, he will go to Hooker Hills." Nari throws a glance at Jong In who is now looking at her in disbelief.

"You don't tell me earlier, I think we are agreed if you let me in the same place as yours and then what about you?" Jong In stares at the girl beside him.

"Actually I planned to tell you at this meeting."

"Yeon Hee didn't say anything other than that Hooker Hills. Where you got this idea from? " After Lay finished his sentence,12 pairs of eyes were staring at him intently.

"Yeon Hee ... As if the Shin Yeon Hee that got missing yesterday ?" Chanyeol was so shocked that he did not realize he was raising his baritone voice of him, making Nari feel a strange sensation in her body.

"Cha Nari, I want you to explain what all this means." Kim Suho looked at the girl deeply, as if tired with surprising matters again and again that fall like a meteor. Nari sighed, then planned to tell everything.

"Shin Yoen Hee is at Nari's apartment for the past few days. She accidentally meets her when Yeon Hee ran away from Lee Byung Hun, her boyfriend who chased her a few days ago." Baekhyun explained to them instead.

"Last night I showed her the picture of  Moon Jae Sik, and she said that the guy is the one who is took her a away few weeks ago and locked her in a some sort of underground room. In other words, Lee Byung Hun did work for Moon Jae Shik indirectly, I think that maybe his fellow gang are Jae Shik's subordinate." Nari completed Baekhyun's story telling

"Baek, how do you know all of this?" Chanyeol asked his friend.

"Me and Lay Hyung went to Nari's apartment last night." The answer was nonchalant, he was ignoring some pairs of eyes that stared at him in disbelief. Since when did Baekhyun start getting closer with the so called their ice-warrior.

"Never mind then, that's not important, right now we need to more focused on this case, so the final decision is Nari's will observed L'enchanteur while Jong In will keep an eye on Hooker Hills." Kris who had been just listening to the meeting opened his voice.

"No ... I will be the one watching Hooker Hills instead, let Jong In go with Nari." Chen looked at Nari, as if asking for confirmation.

"It's up to all of you then." She said,  giving up with her bosses stubborness

"I will come with them if it makes you relaxed, hyung" Luhan stared at Sehun a little bit long, as if they communicate in silence. Luhan exhaled roughly, then left the lounge shortly.

"I'll talk to hyung." He said then moved to leave that place.

 

***

 

He cared for you, okay

Nari walked to her office, she was holding her throbbing forehead. After the meeting was over, Minseok asked her to immideatly talked to Luhan. The sentence was replaying over and over again in her head, Nari did not believe what Minseok said and brushed it off.

 

She took a deep breath, then knocked on the white door of Luhan Office. She then stepped inside as soon as Luhan allowed it. She saw that man was standing in some sort of  mini pantry, struggling with a coffee maker.

"Luhan-ssi, i'd apologize for not asking for your approval first.  But if I don't do it then who could ? Jong In and Sehun undercover team aren't capable right now, do you want to wait for that and neglected the victims which is maybe will growing dy by day?" She looked at the man who is now stopped pouring the sugar syrup on his coffee.

"Cha Nari, you have forgotten my third rule. I explained it on your first day, didn't I ?  Why are you so stubborn?" He looked at the girl in front of him sharply.

"Because you'll make it a big deal." The answer made Luhan pull her hands a little rough, and then pulled the said girl body which caused she stucked against the mini pantry table. Luhan put his hands on Nari's each side, imprisoning the girl. He looked at Nari with a hard look. 

"Because i care for you. I like you Cha Nari, i didn't know when it happened but it is." He then brought his arms to wrapped around her slender waist. The girl just silent, she isn't doing anything. She is still frozen with the sentence that Luhan said a second ago.

 

***

 


 

Dear My Reader,

Hello~~ so i have come with the next chapther. I hope you will like it, like the few previous parts. Anyway i think that maybe this is the last update for for a few days ahead because i will be away around 2 weeks. My mom asked me to visit my grandma hometown, and you know that that network is a little bit bad. But when i away i will continue to write the next chapthers. Oh, and what do you think about Luhan confession, does it to early ? Or are you guys like the slow romance story instead? I hope you can give me your though in the comment box below.

See You

 

XOXO