CASES - 9

Riddle (Find It Hide It)

Hello long time no see, i mean meet. Anyway this part is the longest one among my previous chapter. Honestly my college assignment was no joke. I almost got my assignment every day and the deadline always due to next week. That's why i want to say an earlier apologize about the update schedule, but i can't stop myself for writing the continuation of this story, so I decided to update whenever I'm on the mood, it can either double update or even no update at all. I want to say thank you for you who subcribed my story. I hope i can meet you in the comment box someday~~~ Anneyeong ^_^

 


 

9

 

“Have you done with the result?”


Both of them have been deciding to leave Jong In Room, after Nari placed the sleeping Naeun beside Jong In, that little girl was sleeping soundly in Nari embrace not long after she whispered her first sentence which make Nari heart goes flip flop. Jong In have been persuaded Naeun million times to stopped hooking her, because apparently both of Naeun and Nari stayed at those posisition for almost 1 hours. He give her an apologetic smile for her little sister unusually behaviour. Honestly those was rare sight for both Jong In and Minseok, usually Naeun would straightly run away if people begin to approached her.


“Not yet.... i have submitted it to Yixing as long as I got the evidence from Chen. He didn’t informed me about the progress yet. Should we came to his office?” He turn his head a little, to look at the girl who was looking ahead. Her side profil was mesmerizing, how her long silky chesnut hair swayed slightly, her dull deep brown eyes which Minseok believed hiding a lot of secret beneath it. Nari was simply like a woman version of Sehun, straight face, quiet, calm and full of mystery.


She isn’t like a normal calm and quite person which usually will open up along with the time or simply revealing her true self if she put enough faith to someone. Instead she was build a strong wall around her heart, always have her guard up. She is an introvert person, never talk about anything personal. The boys even never heard anything about her parents or family. 


Minseok think that Nari is like a modern version of Pandora, the famous myth in the Greek mhytology. Pandora was mean “All-Gift”, the complete package of what human desired. Pandora was a Masterpiece, she was created by Olympians Gods, who received every Gods ability. Athena gave her brave and intellegence, Aprodite shed grace, and beautiful complexion. Hermes give her the ability to distingush beetwen lie and truth, and lastly Hera, the Queen of Gods give her, her cunning and cruelity. Zeus instead intended her as the punishment, because each God and Goddes gave Pandora an ability which honestly forbidden because she was supposed to be normal human. She was a first human woman who fall down to Earth honestly.


A Pandora’s Box actually  means the source of trouble. If we open the contens of the Pandora’s Box, many people commonly  used it as a metaphor which mean, "we didn’t know what we’re getting ourselves into". Sometimes we may not now how something we have started may be able to end and what the consequences of our action might be.


That’s what he and some of his friends getting themselves into, maybe they aren’t realized yet but they are drawn to her little by little. They have captivated by her intellegence, her beauty, her mysteriousness attitude. It look like a riddle, you got mesmerized the first you’ve found it, determined to solved it, thinking hard of all of the possibilities of the anwer might be, until you uncover the REAL answer whice laying underneath all of the layers beneath. While on the other side, the riddle themselves would also trying hard to hiding, it won’t let people solved the easyly.

 

 

Both of them the arrived infront of the metal door with the common PalmSecure which attached at the left side of the door. The door opened widely after the some sort of security check such as fingertip, cornea and palms veins scanned. The Laboratory isn’t like any normal laboratorium which only handle chemicals, test or something similar to that. C.I.S Organisation built a very extravagant Laboratory which takes all of 6 floor for themselves. The laboratory have a 6 section along with the particular things they handled. 


The first is Clandestine Lab or Chemistry Lab which specialized in handled every kinds of drugs, gas, liquid substance or any hazardous material both have been defined or undefined. Second is Medical Lab, almost similar with Clandestine Lab but the different is Medical lab only handled anything related to medic such diagnosis, treatment and prevention disease. They also providing to make a cure, medication or some herb extract.


Third is Crime and Forensic Lab which particularry handle any kind of evidence crime scene like blood test, DNA test, canine anlyst, also there are Forensic Room which handled any kind of autopsy. Fourt is Animal Lab, which handling an animal related test, cure, investigation etc. Fifth is Computer Lab, which where Kyungsoo work is. His division handled any kind of Tech related matters like code solving, hacking, security and firewall protection, etc. Lastly is Public Health Lab, which specialized in handling injured people. This is where Jong In actually placed at. He was at this room for around 1 week already.

 

 

Both of Nari and Minseok have arrived not long after a few turns from the main entrance. Once again, they meet with metal sliding door, but this time there was a big number 3 attached at the top of door. Lay currently worked in Crime and Forensic Lab, he specialized in evidence crime scene analysis and autopsy. Minseok playfully knocked the door when they successfully enter Lay’s Office, the said main momentary shift his eyesight from his monitor to stare at the incoming guest. He stood up abruptly to approached them.


“What makes the both of you came to my Lab?” he asked.


“We were in Jong In room since morning and would like to know the progress about the autopsy of Lee Seon Woo. Have you done yet?” Minseok asked.


“Fortunately, I finished on this morning. Let’s go to my office.” Lay lead them to enter his office which located not far away from the entrance. There only 3 room available in this Lab. Division. They were heading to the middle one which the wooden plank with the word “CHIEF” which attached at the door. The room not really big nor small just perfectly right for a small amount of people. There was red-brown mahogany table with a clear glass plaque on the far left side along with “Zhang Yi Xing” lettered. Minseok was seated comfortably at the single cushion infront of Lay desk. Meanwhile Nari, she was observing the room interestingly. The rusttled of papers, made Nari turned her head slightly. Lay have been seated on his own chair along with a familiar Platinum Folder on his hand.


“The brosche fortunatelly had a trace of the murder fingerprints, so it was easy to indentified. But the scent on the scarf you’ve found isn’t valid yet. There are a lot of people may be using this product, especially if the product came from the famous brand’s one. I can’t guaranted yet about the culprit because like i said, it may be a wrong people.” Lay explained for both of them. Nari precisely scanning the resulted of the paper, there were a few of name aloing with related picture which was printed on the paper.


“I’ll bring this results to Miss Hae Na. Did she said to the organisation if this is her mission ?” Nari asked both of the male who stared at her seriously, both Lay and Minseok nodded their head. They had informed briefly abput the terms and condition before this mission went to Sehun division. “Let her be, we just asked to guide and help her. The main of the cases including the arrested in the future is on her hand. I wish that none of you will doing anything without her consent, this was her requested.” Nari explain.

 

 

*** 

 

 

After Nari got the results, Minseok asked for having Lunch together. Accidentally Lay was intended to heading for Lunch before both of them came, so this is why Nari got dragged by both of them. The trip to cafetaria mostly silent, Nari was being herself she just didn’t like speak to much while both of men beside her occasionally thrown question at each other.

 


The Cafetaria not really big, only the standard size of the cafetaria which commonly found in big company. There were various appetizing food which lining neatly in the clear glass windows show, from the simple package until the complete package of food and beverage even with dessert if you craving something particular.


Nari choose the simple package which consisted Mushroom and Sausage Soup, Rice and Black Forest Ice Cream Cake. After she done with her order, she approached Lay who have waited her near the vending machine. He said that Minseok have been heading first to find a table. 


Second later they arrived at their table Minseok chose to sit which unfortunatelly was their friends. Some of them beaming when Nari approached them. Minseok unfortunatelly got dragged by Luhan to their table. Almost all of the C.I.S Chief had presented minus Jong In that still in his room. She choose to sit beside Kyungsoo, who give her a heart-shaped smile then back to enjoying his meals. Lay occupied her left side, meanwhile Baekhyun was seated opposite her. Beside Baekhyun were Chanyeol and Sehun, which when their eyes collided, they just rolled each other eyes. Nari ignored Chanyeol daily flirting by enjoying her meals quietly.

 


A chatter on the table  stopped momentary when Sehun said Jong In name in a mumbled a few minutes later. Nari turned her body around because she was seated back to back with the Cafetaria entrance.  Jong In was standing with his normal comfy clothes she chose earlier along with Naeun on his hand. Jong In wasn’t like any injured patient which should wearing an IV Drip and bringing along wherever he go, he just simply bandaged and wore simple oversized Tee with knee-lenght Belenciaga’s short. Because Chanyeol sat at the nearest chair one, he stood up abruptly and intended to carry Naeun out who was currently carried by Jong In. Unforunately for him, Naeun turn her head around instead. She buried her little head in to Jong In wide chest, honestly this were some of the way from Naeun id she didn't want. Chanyeol jutted his lips cutely then back to his chair along with Baekhyun who openly mocking him.


“She asked you as soon as she woke up.” Jong In said after he approached Nari. The men at the table halted their previous activity to stare at the rare sight. Some of them even dropped their jaw because Naeun willingly reached out her tiny arms even before Nari raised her arms. Naeun sat comfortably in Nari laps second later, she ignored their stares or simply turn her head into Nari narrow shoulder when she got annoyed with Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Tao or Chen who attempted to speak with her.

"Are your wound was't throbbing?" Nari asked.

"I've drank prainkiller before carrying her to here." Jong In answere then heading to the empty chair beside Chanyeol.

“How come she acted like that, she hardly let people too close with her, isn’t she ?” Luhan asked to Minseok who sat beside him.

“I Don’t know, she just literally run to Nari as soon as she done helping Jong In changed his bandage. At first she just stared at her, but a few minutes later after I was played with her, she just neglected her game then slip out from my laps. Naeun even slept in Nari embraced.” Both of them stared at the corner of the table, there was Nari who occupied to feed Naeun her Black Forest Ice Cream Cake.

“She even won’t to look at me.” Luhan shift his eyes to Tao who mumbling to himself. He was apparently sat infront of him.

“That’s because you look scary Taozi, take care your Panda’s eyes first.” Chen chuckling beside him, who make Tao punched his arms.

“I can imagine her feeding Baby Byun.” Baekhyun mumbled to himself. He bit his lips loosely to prevented him from smiling wider. Unfortunatelly Chanyeol who was beside him, heared what he said earlier even only vaguely, which made baekhyun got smacked on the head.

“Nari-ah are you didn’t came to work today?” Kyungsoo asked from her side. She turn her head a little after cleaned Naeun side lips which was full of a dark chocolates.

“Today was my off day, Miss Hae Na is currently in London. She asked me to take my day’s off.”

“Good.... go to 29th floor after this.” Sehun said with his signature poker face and flat toned than leave the table first.  Nari only rolled her eyes lazily, she than back to finished her almost empty meals. Not long after, Naeun turn her body completely facig her. She raised her tiny arms then wrapped it against Nari’s neck. She dropped her head on top of Nari's shoulder, her warm breathe tickling her when Naeun asked her with her tiny voice.

“Are you going somewhere with Aslan?”

“Aslan ? Why you called him Aslan?” Nari asked with hushed voice. She put her side cheecks on to Naeun’s top head.

“Because he is scary. Do you will going somewhere?.” Naeun mumbling with her baby voiced.  Naeun is smart girl, isn’t she? the corner of her lips tugged slightly. “Are you coming again tommorow ?” aksed her still playing with Nari’s silky chesnut hair. 

“I can’t promise because i will be in my work place all day tommorow.” She answered then placed Naeun back to Jong In laps second later before going out from the cafetaria to go after Sehun.

 

 

 

The Gun and Shot training was deserted today, only few of organisation member occupied the Chambers. Sehun was ready to trained her shooting ability. He have been changed his attire from navy crisp button down shirt with Taupe colored V Neck shirt. Nari taked off her knee-length coat then put it at the available locker. She silently approached Sehun who was seriously checking on a few guns who laid beautifully on the table. He lift his head up when the clanking sound of Nari's shoes distracted him from his previous activity. “Try using this one, i want to know how you handled it.” Sehun throw a dark choco Glock 19 Gen 4 to Nari, who fortunatelly has a nice reflex to catched the said weapon.

Before joining this organisation they should go through some test which they made like shot test, fight test, emergency aid and intellegence test. After all of the test had been accomplished, the organisation would decide where to put them into. That’s the reason why all of the C.I.S Organisation had the ability to handled handguns, which mainly the general one like M1911 A1 and Glock 17. Beside the knowledge of basic shot, they also required to learn about self defences and hand in hand combat.  Although the general od the Agents known to handled the basic or general type of guns, Sehun and and Jong In were more experted in guns and weapon field. They known almost any kind of Guns both Automatic or Semi-Automatic gun’s.  

 

 

Sehun leaned his body at the chamber side, he stared at Nari who currently preparing her shoting practice. He crossed his arms, showing the perfectly shaped arm and chest. His eyes never leaving her, like an eagle which observed his prey. Nari straighthened her body, her foot have been opened shoulder-width. She squinted her left eye's then tilted her head a little, enough to look at the target clearly. She extended her left arms while the right one’s supported the left arm’d elbow which was bent. Her right fingers wrapped her left wrist to make the hold of the handgun more stable. Nari took a deep breath then put her full consentration to pulled the trigger. The sound of a gunfires echoed loudly in the almost empty room, the sound fall repeatedly along with the target who falling down one by one.

She managed to shot 5 moved dummies in 1 minutes althought only 2 who got shot right at the bullseye. Second later Sehun already stood behind Nari, he is perfectsionist after all he can stand even a little bit imperfection. He put his palm at Nari’s shoulder to turned her body slightly, exactly at 45 degree angle right after the interval of 5 dummies first appearance.  “Don’t stood too stiffly, open your foot wider if you feel your stance wasn’t stable enough” Sehun kicked her foot lightly that made Nari open her stance wider, he then press her back to lean forward slightly.


“Put pressure on one of your leg, which you believed was the strongest instead put it at both of them. Also instead wrapped your fingers on your wrist, you should put it around the guns handle. You can still stable even you’ve throw the bullets. This stance wouldn’t make you to jerked behind.” Sehun wrapped his fingers on to Nari’s one which previously wrapped at her left wrist. He guided slowly until her fingers placed at the proper place, right at the guns handle.

Nari wasn’t exactly put her mind on full mode consentration especially when this jerk wide, sturdy chest pressed against her back. Sehun was head taller then her, this is why she can felt the ticklish sensation on her neck when he spoke with his low husky voice. Unfortunately she put her hair in to loose bun right before the practice begin. She felt the burning sensation all over her inner body, the hair of her neck slowly stood up when Sehun warm breath caressed her bare neck, especially when he caged her body with his arms which practically circled around her body. 

 


***

 

 

The knocked on the door made Hae Na lift her head from the big dusty book who she had been read for about 3 hours straight. The jet lag from her trip to London a few days ago make her can’t take a sleep appropriately, that’s why instead forced her eyes to be closed, Hae Na decided to worn her body out, maybe if she get tired enough, it will be easy to make her sleep. Beside that, she still thinking about the murder cases that had been occured, she was wondering who the culprit was and what exactly their motives is. The corner of her lips rising slowly, when she look Nari walking to enter her study room. Hae Na closed her Law’s book she previously read then stood up to hugged her guest. 

 

“About the result, you should check it by yourselves.” Nari speak straight to the point after both of them sit comfortably at the couch with maroon Mandala at the floor. Hae Na eye's scanning every letter which printed at the letter after she opened the Platinum Folder, with C.I.S logo at the top left corner. The resulted she read were filled with detailed information about the evidence, chronology of victim’s condition when he was found also the list of the suspects. 

“They said that Lee Seon Woo was found dead with slashed wound on his neck. The direction of the wound said that the murder is left handed. Also there was a crescent shaped at the back of the victim’s neck, which means that the murder is a woman.” Nari explain the point. “Also about the suspects, do you perhaps know the people from the list?”

“Have you checked about the autopsy ?” instead anwering Nari question, Hae Na throwing another question without lift her head up, she skimming the page after page precisely.

“No... Do you want to check it by yourself?” Hae Na nodded her head slightly, she lift her head up than look at Nari seriously.

“I want to make sure something. I have someone in minds, but i can’t say it for now. Let me ensure it first. Would you accompany me?”

 

 

***

 


Both of Nari and Hae Na arrived at C.I.S Organization 30 minutes later, Hae Na was appareantly asked her bodyguard to leave her alone. She said that Nari was skilled Agent, which can ensure her safety. They going straight to Lay’s Lab. to asked him out about the autopsion details. Nari was planned to checked the victim’s body directly by herself yesterday but she leave it out because Hae Na was leaving for London a few days back. She won’t doing something without her consent, that’s why Nari was waiting Hae Na to came back then checked it together.

The hallway of the Laboratory & Tech Division was deserted even after they passed the main entrance, it seems that the people on the Lab Division have their own tasked to do. Nari walking silently along with Hae Na, she shift her eyes from left to right when she passed a Laboratory name tags. Nari’s mind wandering back to Naeun when her eyes catched the tag of Public health Lab. She felt a little sorry for the little girl because she can’t come to visit her.

 

 

They wasn’t meet with Lay as soon as they arrived at his Divison, they instead came face to face with a long jet black hair girl, with spectacles which sat on her button nose and oversized Lab.coat. The girl – Shin Tae Yeon asked them to wait at Lay's Office a second later. They sat at the 2 single cuch infront of Lay's desk.

The sound of the clanking handle was echoed at the silent room a few minutes before. Revealing Lay with his fit Lab.Coat, Creamy Button Up Shirt, Khaki Pants and shining black shoes. “How long both of you have been here?” the velvetly voice from the room entrance make Nari and Hae Na shift their eyes almost simultaneously at the source. Lay was heading to his table after give a brief bow to Hae Na as his greeting.

“Could I saw Lee Seon Woo corpse? I want to make sure something.” Hae na asked Not long after.

 

 

Lay lead them to the said room. The Room was dimly lit, Lay have been asked both Nari and Hae Na to use Lab.Uniform which consisted sterile white dress, mask, hair cover and thin gloves. This rules is to prevented them who clumsy and careless to make direct contact with anything unrealized. Lee Seon Woo was placed at the 4th bed from the end of the room with a white thin cloth as a cover.

Hae Na nodding her head slightly as an approval for Lay to open the cloth. She cringed unconsciously when the first half of the upper body was exposed. Lee seon Woo face was pale, his lips became blue and cracked. The wound on his neck already bluish-black, the direction of the wounds clearly said that the murder is left handed. 

Nari standing silently at Hae Na side, she stared at Hae Na who begin to draw the clothe lower, revealing the his half body. She shift her eye beads to scanning Lee Seon Woo exposed body from head to stomach. Nari felt a sudden gentle tug at her wrist, she turn her head to look at Hae Na who already pointing at something. She followed the direction on Hae Na finger’s which showed Lee Seon Woo damaged nail at his index and middle fingers. Nari lift her head to told Lay what they found, but as if reading her mind, Lay beckoned them to following him. He asked to speak outside. 

 

 


“I was forgot to told you about the newest invention from us, last nigt before we decide that his family should take a clear approval about the body burial method , we found something strange on him.” Lay paused, he looked at the two beautiful women infront of him. “Like whay you saw earlier, the nails on 2 of his finger had been broken, which means that he was had a time to use an opposition. I found a strand hair which was stucked on his middle finger's nail, we decided to did a DNA Test with the strand hair’s we've found out which resulted someone's profile who appareantly have the same matches profile with the matters of fingerprints result identification on the brosche and scarf you've found.” 

Second later Lay was back with his newest resulted, Nari was the first one to read before giving it to Hae Na. As soon as Hae Na received the paper, she shocked a little because the profile which was printed on the letters was someone who she known well enough. The side of her lips lifting upwards when her hunch's right.

“The scent which leave at the scarf was Chanel No. 19. The parfume was known as the definition of personal fragrance. This mean that the murder leave this scent on a purpose as a warning sign. This kind fragrance were commonly defined of strength and loyal beauty, they can interpreted that 'femininity isn’t something sweet nor nice'. The lacking sweetness or floral opulance make this fragrance became one of mankind favourite. The mixed of galbanum, iris, leather, musk and lily of the valley bring out the chilly seductive feel.” Nari shift her eyes to look Hae Na reaction after her long explanation.

The said girl was deep in thought before voiced her mind, “That’s why every room she chose was always including 19. I think she chose to leave the hint on purpose.” Hae Na said. Both of the girls were silent, they were busy brainstorning with their own theory. Not long after both of the stared at each other, Hae Na smiling widely when she looked Nari twinkling eyes. She nodded her hean than shift her eyes to Lay who currently busy with his monitor. He jerked slightly when he heard Nari and Hae Na speaking simultaneously at the sime time because for the last 15 minutes the room was silent too silent even.

“She was doing revenge.” they said simultaneously